Choosing the suitable paint stripper for aluminum depends on several factors. One factor, your budget, is an important consideration when choosing a stripper. Because while you can always use a professional paint stripper, they are expensive and contain plenty of flammable chemicals. And I don’t know about you, but I work alone and don’t have anyone to help me in an emergency.
You want to avoid finding yourself in a situation that requires using a fire extinguisher or, worse going to the hospital (preferably not on your own). Using cheaper alternatives like oven cleaner and acid will only harm your health as fumes are involved, and it can hurt yourself and the environment.
Top 10 Best Paint Strippers for Aluminum Review
1. KBS Strip Quart
KBS Strip Quart - Paint Remover / Stripper Gel - Contains No Methylene Chloride - Clings To Vertical Surfaces
- KBS Strip is a penetrating gel formula that easily clings to vertical surfaces and removes even the toughest finishes and coatings!
- KBS Strip is a powerful, heavy-duty paint, stain & varnish remover developed for use on metal, wood, masonry surfaces and the inside of tanks.
KBS Strip is a heavy-duty paint, stain, and varnish remover developed for use on metal, wood, masonry surfaces, and inside tanks. KBS strip is a penetrating gel formula that easily clings to vertical surfaces and removes even the toughest finishes and coatings!
KBS Strip will cling to vertical surfaces with minimal run or sag and offers low-odor technology. KBS Strip produces an even unbroken film that seals & allows deep penetration through multiple layers of paint. KBS Strip is the next generation of Paint Strippers containing no harmful Methylene Chloride.
2. StripPaint 9900
StripPaint 9900 - Remove Paint and Cured Coatings from Metal Surfaces - Paint Stripper for Ecoatings, Wet and Powder Coating Remover - Works on Aluminum, Steel, Brass, and More - 1 Gallon Bottle
- EASY TO USE: Just fill any immersion tank half with StripPaint 9900 and half with water and heat to 185℉. Then just immerse the parts you need to strip. Once you're done we suggest cleaning by pressure washing. Now you have a fresh clean surface ready for a new coating or whatever else you need.
- SPECIALLY FORMULATED: StripPaint 9900 is made to strip cured coatings. Remove wet and powdered coatings as well as ecoating and epoxies from most surfaces. Strip tools, surfaces, and more without corroding or damaging the surface.
- GENERAL CHEMICAL: We've produced professional specialty chemicals for over 40 years. We've listened to what real workers need from their products and developed formulas made for you. We're based right here in the USA and are proud to serve customers all across America.
- PERFECT FOR METAL SURFACES: Formulated to safely strip coatings from metal. This coating remover is perfect for aluminum, zinc, brass, magnesium, stainless steel, and steel substrates. You can remove any cured coating without fear of damaging the surface below.
- ULTRA-CONCENTRATED: This coating remover is concentrated to give you more value and more stripping power per gallon. We make and send StripPaint9900 concentrated to give you more value and more stripping.
We’ve got an easy solution for you if you’re looking for a way to get rid of old coatings from metal surfaces. StripPaint 9900 is specially formulated and super concentrated for removing epoxies, polyurethanes, enamels, and many other types of coatings from aluminum and steel substrates. Just fill any immersion tank half with StripPaint 9900 and a half with water and heat to 185℉.
Then immerse the parts or tools you need to strip in the tank until the coating has come off. Once you’re done, we suggest cleaning by pressure washing. Now you have a fresh, clean surface ready for a new layer or whatever else you need.”
3. Safe ‘n Easy Citrus Orange Scent Paint & Varnish Remover
Smart 'n Easy Citrus Paint & Varnish Remover Gel - Strips 15+ Layers of Acrylic, Latex, Oil, & Water-Based Paints, Varnishes, & Coatings in One Application - Orange Scent - DIY Friendly - 32oz
- EFFECTIVE ON ALMOST EVERY SURFACE - Wood, Brick, Stone, Metal, Marble, Terra Cotta, Granite, Terrazzo, Concrete, Plaster, Cement, Copper, Tin, Enamel, Slate, Cast Iron, and More
- EASY TO USE WITHOUT CAUSTIC CHEMICALS - Contains NO Methylene Chloride or NMP. Apply to surface and check periodically for up to 24 hrs. Remove with scrapper or pressure washer. No fuss, no muss!
- REMOVES UP TO 15 LAYERS OF PAINTS & COATINGS - Strips Acrylic, Latex, Oil, and Water-Based Paints, Varnishes, Stains, and Coatings in usually a Single Application!
- THE "DO-IT-YOURSELF" CHOICE - Powerful enough for painting contractors but user-friendly for all your DIY home projects like furniture and cabinets. That's why we say, "Do it yourself, with Dumond!"
- MADE IN THE USA - Proudly manufactured in our US facility with high quality ingredients. Smart ‘n Easy brand products are tried and trusted by DIYers and Professionals. Smart ‘n Easy as 1, 2, 3!
Do it yourself with Dumond! Our professional DIY-ready Safe ‘n Easy Citrus Paint & Varnish Remover Gel is perfect for stripping away old layers of paint, varnish, and coating,g on wood, metal, masonry, concrete, brick, cinderblock, stone, plaster, and fiberglass. Safe ‘n Easy Citrus works best on post-1980 latex and oil-based paints and varnishes – apply, let set and rinse. The convenient non-drip formula clings to surfaces and is safe for the user and the environment.
Get it done quickly with Dumond’s range of products, including our Safe ‘n Easy Laminated Paper PRO and drop cloths to extend the life of your paint remover by protecting yourself from lead dust while extending the effectiveness of your product!
4. Sunnyside Corporation 68532
Sunnyside Corporation 68532 Hi-Speed Ready-Strip Citrus Paint & Varnish Remover, Quart Trigger Spray, Assorted, 32 Fl Oz
- Easily cleaned up with water
- Clings to vertical surfaces; stays wet longer
- Capable of removing up to 3 layers of oil or water based coating
- Starts to work in about 30 minutes
- No-drip formula makes removing paint convenient and easy
Ready-Strip Citrus Paint & Varnish Remover is a remover for interior and exterior oil, latex, and water-based coatings. The no-drip formula clings to vertical surfaces, making paint and varnish removal more convenient. Capable of removing up to 3 layers of oil or water-based coating with the built-in plunger pump applicator.
This product is safe for masonry, wood, metal, brick, concrete, and more. It is also safe on most PVC surfaces, such as kitchen cabinets and vinyl floors. Works best in temperatures between 50 degrees F to 100 degrees F
5. Citristrip QCSG801
Citristrip QCSG801 Paint & Varnish Stripping Gel, 1 Quarts (Pack of 1), Red
- Stays wet and active for up to 24 hours allowing stripping of multiple layers in one step.
- Strips multiple layers from wood, metal and masonry surfaces.
- Removes dried latex and oil-based paint, varnish, lacquer, polyurethane and shellac.
- CITRISTRIP Safer Paint & Varnish Stripping Gel is easy to use.
Citristrip QCSG801 Paint & Varnish Stripping Gel is formulated to remove multiple layers of paint and varnish. Our product stays wet and active for up to 24 hours, allowing stripping of multiple layers in one step. Citristrip is powerful and industrial-strength in paint, varnish, and lacquer remover but with a citrus scent.
It contains no methylene chloride (or No NMP), is non-caustic, and is ideal for indoor use. Use Citristrip’s all-purpose stripping gel to remove multiple layers of latex and oil-based paint, varnish, lacquer, enamel, polyurethane, shellac, acrylics, and epoxy from wood, metal, and masonry surfaces.
In a world where it seems everything is disposable and useless, Citristrip® is different. From the product’s convenience to its performance, nothing can touch Citristrip. So if you’re looking for a product that fits your busy schedule and saves time on the job, look no further than Citristrip!
6. Smart Strip Paint Remover
Dumond 027691033322 Smart Strip by Peel Away One Quart ‘Sample Size’ Paint Remover, 1, White
- Formulated without methylene chloride and is non-carcinogenic
- Made in the USA - Advanced non-toxic formula emulsifies paints and coatings. Used on landmarks, museums, historic buildings, opera houses, and homes worldwide.
- Works Best on Post 1980 Paints – Professional Strength - Effective inside and out. Simply apply, let set, and rinse off. No neutralization required. No fuss, no muss. Leaves no mess.
- Remover is odor free, user friendly, 100-Percent biodegradable and pH neutral
- There is no need to neutralize the stripped surface; available in 1-quart can
Dumond Paint and Stucco Remover is a professional strength water-based remover. This product works quickly and effectively on wood, metal, concrete, stone, plaster, fiberglass, masonry, and tile. Dumond Paint & Stucco Remover should be diluted with at least two parts water to one part remover to ensure optimal results.
Apply when the surrounding temperature is above 50 Degrees Fahrenheit. Once applied, allow Dumond Paint & Stucco Remover for 15 minutes to emulsify the paint or stucco. Rinse off with clean water after removing all paint/stucco and any loose debris.”
We formulated this non-toxic, odorless paint stripper to remove up to 15+ layers of paint off surfaces like wood, brick, metal, and stone.
7. Smart Strip Auto Primer Paint Remover
Smart Strip Auto Paint Remover - Strips Multiple Layers of Auto Primer, Pigmented Base, & Clear Topcoats from Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles, and More - Removal Gel Clings to Vehicle Surfaces - 1/2 Gallon
- TRUSTED BY AUTOMOTIVE PROFESSIONALS AND ENTHUSIASTS - Used by auto body shops, detailers, maintenance professionals, and Do it Yourself car lovers. Does NOT contain Methylene Chloride or NMP.
- REMOVE SOLID, METALLIC, & PEARLESCENT AUTO PAINTS - Professional grade formula removes the acrylic-polyurethane found in auto paints from most vehicle surfaces. Penetrates to the primer layer.
- EASY TO USE WATER-BASED GEL FORMULA - Simply apply to vehicle surface, allow to set for approximately an hour or two, and then rinse off. Succeeds where many other auto paint removers fail.
- MADE IN THE USA - Proudly manufactured by car enthusiasts, FOR car enthusiasts in our US facility with high quality ingredients. Powerful enough for the professionals, perfect for Do it Yourselfers.
- PERFECT FOR ANY VEHICLE, EVEN WITH MODERN PAINT - Use on cars, trucks, vans, RVs, motorcycles, ATVs, trains, buses, construction vehicles, & more! Perfect for spot finishing, detailing, and repainting.
They are proudly manufactured by car enthusiasts, FOR car enthusiasts. The Smart Strip auto paint remover contains our most advanced simple, non-toxic formula yet! This safe and effective formula removes multiple layers of solid, metallic, and pearlescent auto paints from cars, trucks, vans, RVs, motorcycles, ATVs, trains, buses, and more!
Easy-to-use water-based gel formula penetrates to the primer layer where other products fail. The Smart Strip has been used by automotive professionals for decades and is now available at your local auto parts store.
This paint remover is designed for removing the solid, metallic, and pearlescent paint used on cars today. It will remove acrylic-polyurethane found in most vehicle paints. The water-based formula penetrates to the primer layer, which works effectively but then releases easily with water. Completely non-flammable, dries quickly with no unpleasant odor (compared to other products) and meets OSHA regulations.
Suitable for use in automotive shops or by a professional detailer or Do It Yourself car lover in your garage or driveway at home.
8. Dumond Chemicals, Inc. 1005N
Dumond Chemicals, Inc. 1005N Peel Away1 Heavy-Duty Paint Remover, 5 Gallon Kit
- Made in: United States
- Paint Supplies/Paint Solvents, Cleaners & Removers
- Manufacturer: Dumont Chemicals
Dumond Chemicals 1005N Peel Away 1 Heavy-Duty Paint Remover 5 Gallon Kit removes lead paint and is the safest method to remove lead-based paints. Ideal for interior and exterior surfaces, this water-based, zero VOC and no harmful odors or fumes product is ideal for almost any surface.
It will give you peace of mind when removing lead-based paint from your home or business that can potentially be hazardous to your health, as there is no need to breathe in any harmful fumes from solvents.
Peel Away is a heavy-duty paint remover that removes up to 32 layers of paint in one application. Designed for use on most interior and exterior surfaces, Peel Away paint remover is water-based, has zero VOC, and contains no harmful odors or fumes. This product can be used safely on lead paints – eliminating lead dust while making the job safe and efficient.
9. Sunnyside Corporation 635G1
Sunnyside Corporation 635G1 2 Minute Remover Advanced Liquid, Gallon, 2 Pack
- Fast acting liquid remover designed to remove multiple layers of finish in just one application
- Will remove latex and oil based paint, lacquer, shellac, varnish, epoxy and polyurethane finishes
- Use for detailed stripping on wood, metal, masonry, marine and automotive finishes
- New, safer formula is methylene chloride free
- Strips up to 100 square feet / gallon
Sunnyside Corporation has been a family-owned company building quality industrial cleaning products for over 35 years. We are committed to providing cost-effective solutions for our customers. Sunnyside Corporation 635G1 2 Minute Remover ADVANCED Liquid is designed to remove multiple layers of finish in one application.
This Methylene Chloride Free formula can be used for detailed stripping, making paint removal easy. It quickly attacks the finish and lightens wood stain but will not harm wood or corrode metal. Use wood, metal, masonry, marine, and automotive finishes to remove latex and oil-based paint, lacquer, shellac, varnish, epoxy, and polyurethane finishes.”
This advanced liquid stripper quickly attacks the finish and lightens wood stain, making it easy to remove paint. It removes latex and oil-based paint, lacquer, shellac, and polyurethane finishes.
10. Safe ‘n Easy Lemon Paint & Varnish Remover
Safe ‘n Easy Lemon Citrus Paint & Varnish Remover Gel - Strips 15+ Layers of Paints, Varnishes, and Coatings - Lemon Citrus Scent - Do It Yourself (DIY) Ready - 32oz
- GET IT DONE QUICKLY - Use with Dumond Laminated Paper PRO and Safe ‘n Easy Drop Cloths to extend the life and effectiveness of the product and protect yourself from harmful debris and lead dust.
- SAFE FOR THE USER AND THE ENVIRONMENT - Contains NO harmful Methylene Chloride or NMP. Pleasant Lemon Citrus aroma. Perfect for DIY homeowners and users. Do it yourself with Dumond!
- MADE IN THE USA - Proudly manufactured in our US facility with high quality ingredients. Safe ‘n Easy brand products are tried and trusted by DIYers and Professionals. Safe ‘n Easy as 1, 2, 3!
- LIFTS AWAY 15+ LAYERS OF PAINTS, VARNISHES, AND COATINGS - Effective on Wood, Metal, Masonry, Concrete, Brick, Cinderblock, Stone, Plaster, Fiberglass, Ceramic Tile, Porcelain, Molding, and Glass.
- EFFECTIVE INSIDE AND OUT - Works best on post 1980 latex and oil-based paints and varnishes. Non-drip, water-based gel clings to surfaces. Simply apply, let set, and rinse. No fuss, no muss!
This safe ‘n easy paint remover gel is great for removing multiple layers of paint, varnish, and coatings on wood, metal, and masonry. It quickly bonds to the surface to form a protective film that helps keep lead dust particles contained. Safe ‘n Easy Gel clings to surfaces longer than spray paint removers and requires less scrubbing than other brands. Safe ‘n Easy works best on post-1980 latex and oil-based paints and varnishes. Its non-drip formula contains NO harmful Methylene Chloride or NMP. The pleasant lemon citrus scent makes this product a pleasure to use!
Lift away 15+ layers of paint, varnish, and coatings. Safe ‘n Easy Paint and Varnish Remover Gel remove all kinds of old paint, varnishes, and coatings in just one treatment! Apply to any surface – inside or out – let set for 20 minutes, then rinse clean with water.
This non-drip water-based gel clings to surfaces to make it easy to work with, without drips or mistake-making messes. Other removers contain chemical ingredients that may be hazardous if inhaled. With Safe ‘n Easy, you have nothing to worry about because you’re working with an ammonia-free product that won’t damage your health or the environment!
The Advantages of Paint Stripper for Aluminum
It is a powerful and highly effective stripper. It can be applied on any surface that has been painted or coated with paint or other types of coatings such as lacquer and varnish. The chemicals will dissolve all types of paints, even if they are old and have been painted for many years. This makes it one of the most effective and safest strippers available today.
You do not need to worry about where to dispose of the waste from your paint removal project because this product does not contain any hazardous ingredients harmful to people or animals. It does not even have an odor, so you will not smell anything when using this product.
This product is very easy to use because it comes in a liquid form, so there is no need for mixing or stirring before using it. All you need to do is pour it into a container and apply it onto your surface where there needs stripping off its paint coating; wait until everything has dissolved, then rinse off with water before painting over again with new coats of paint or whatever other material you want to use instead!
Buying Guide of Paint Stripper for Aluminum
1. Types of Paint Stripper for Aluminum
There are two types of paint strippers for aluminum: the chemical and the manual. The chemical one is more expensive than the manual one. The manual one is cheaper and safer, but it takes more time to remove the paint than the chemical one.
2. Citrus Oil Paint Stripper
Citrus oil paint strippers use citrus oil as their main ingredient, a natural solvent that works well to strip old paint from metal surfaces. It is also biodegradable and friendly to the environment. However, it does not work well on rust or concrete because it contains no strong acids that can dissolve them.
3. Acetone Paint Stripper
Acetone is another popular solvent used in paint strippers, but it has a lower boiling point than citrus oil, so it may not work as well on some old paints or surfaces like metal or concrete that have been covered with asphalt or tar-based sealants over time. This means that you may need more time to let it do its job properly before obliterating those stubborn layers, if any remain behind, after using this kind of product for stripping purposes only instead of something else entirely like paint remover spray products
What is Paint Stripper?
Paint strippers remove paint from various surfaces, including wood, metal, concrete, and masonry. It is a chemical solution that breaks down the paint so it can be easily removed from the surface. The most common types of paint strippers are water-based and solvent-based. The water-based stripper is usually made with citrus oil, effectively removing latex paints and varnishes.
On the other hand, solvent-based strippers contain methylene chloride or mineral spirits as their main ingredients. This paint stripper works well on oil-based paints and stains but may damage the wood if left on too long.
What is the Best Way to Use Paint Stripper?
The best way to use a paint stripper is to apply it generously with a brush or towel. It should be allowed to sit on the surface for at least 10 minutes and gently scrubbed off with a soft cloth. If this process has not removed any spots, you can reapply the paint stripper and wait another 10 minutes before scrubbing again.
After removing the paint from your metal object, you should wash it with warm water and soap or detergent. You may also choose to use an abrasive sponge at this time. After washing your metal object, dry it thoroughly with a soft cloth or paper towels before moving on to the project’s next step.
Paint strippers should never be poured down a drain because they can cause serious damage to your plumbing system if they remain in contact with water for too long (which could happen if you pour them down your sink). Instead, dispose of paint strippers according to manufacturer instructions: some require that they be mixed with water first before being poured down drains; others require that they be placed in a sealed container labeled “Paint Stripper” before being disposed of in trash bins outside of homes (not inside).
How Should Paint Stripper be Disposed of?
The EPA recommends that any unused portions of paint stripper be poured into a plastic container before being sealed tightly and thrown away in your regular trash bin.
While this may seem like an obvious answer, there are many ways that people accidentally contaminate their environment with chemicals—such as flushing them down the toilet or throwing them into a landfill—which can cause serious health problems for both humans and animals.
How Do You Get Paint Stripper off?
First, you need to determine what type of paint stripper you’re using. If it’s water-based, it should be relatively easy to remove using soap and water. Oil-based paint strippers are a little more challenging to clean up because they contain chemicals that can damage your skin and even cause cancer if ingested. The best way to avoid this is by wearing gloves while working with oil-based paint strippers; some companies sell gloves specifically designed for use with these products.
If you’re having trouble removing the paint stripper with soap and water, try adding some vinegar or lemon juice to help loosen it up before scrubbing away with a sponge or cloth. You could also try using a chemical remover such as denatured alcohol or mineral spirits (flammable).
What are the Benefits of Using a Chemical Paint Stripper?
The main benefit of using a chemical paint stripper is that it can be used on many surfaces, including wood, metal, glass, plastic, ceramic tiles, etc. It does not require any special skill or experience from you to use it effectively on different surfaces because all you need to do is apply it to your surface and let it sit for a few minutes before wiping off all remaining parts with a sponge or cloth rag until all traces of paint residue have been removed from your surface leaving behind its original appearance as if no damage had occurred at all!
There are many other options to consider when trying to pick the best paint stripper for aluminum, so make sure you don’t make too many assumptions about the best type for your project before you try it out in person. Match the brand of stripper with the brand of paint on your vehicle, and give it a good test run on a small test area before applying it over a large area.