Kephart knives are the perfect choice for any outdoor enthusiast. Whether you’re a hunter, camper, hiker or prepper, having a Kephart knife in your arsenal is essential. These knives have long been regarded as some of the best bushcraft and camping knives around due to their quality construction and durability. With so many options available on the market today, it can be difficult to choose the right one for your needs. That’s why we’ve compiled this list of the ten best Kephart knives available right now – so that you can find the perfect blade for your outdoor adventures!
Types Of Best Kephart Knife
Kephart knives are a special type of pocket-knife designed by Philip Kephart in the early 1900s. They feature a unique blade shape, with a wide and flat profile that tapers to a very sharp point. This design allows for a multitude of uses including slicing, cutting, carving, whittling, and more. They have become a popular choice for many outdoorsman as they are lightweight, easy to carry and maintain.
The most common type of Kephart knife is the folding version, which features two blades that fold into the handle when not in use. The locking version has one or two blades that lock into place when opened, making it more secure for heavier tasks like batoning or chopping kindling. Another variant is the fixed-blade style which has no moving parts and provides greater strength and control than its folding counterparts.
Regardless of the type you choose, Kephart knives are renowned for their durability and versatility. They are made with high-quality stainless steel which will provide years of reliable service with minimal maintenance required. The ergonomic handle design fits comfortably in your hand while providing excellent grip in wet conditions. Additionally, the blade shape allows you to make precise cuts even on small objects with ease.
List Of 10 Best Kephart Knife
Kephart knives have been around since the early 1900s, and are renowned for their quality, design and craftsmanship. They have become incredibly popular in recent years due to their versatile use in bushcraft and camping activities. Here is a list of 10 of the best Kephart knives on the market today:
- Ontario Knife Company’s RAT-3 Kephart Fixed Blade Knife – This full tang knife is well balanced with an ergonomic handle. It features a 5” drop point blade made from 1095 high carbon steel, perfect for tough tasks like splitting wood or skinning game. The sheath is secure and easy to carry.
- TOPS Knives Bushcrafter T Fixed Blade Knife – This knife has a 5” flat ground blade made from 1095 steel that has been treated with black traction coating for additional protection against rust and corrosion. The handle is made from black canvas micarta scales designed for comfortable grip and maximum durability.
- ESEE Knives Laser Strike Fixed Blade Knife – This full tang knife features a 4 1/2” drop point blade made from 1095 carbon steel with a satin finish, making it exceptionally sharp and durable. The handle is constructed with G10 scales providing excellent grip, even when wet or bloody.
- Fallkniven F1 Survival Fixed Blade Knife – This beautiful Swedish stainless steel fixed blade knife has a 3 1/8” laminated VG-10 blade that delivers superb performance in any situation imaginable, including slicing vegetables or skinning animals while out in the field or campground.
- Benchmade Bushcrafter 162 Fixed Blade Knife – This full tang knife features a 4 1/4″ S30V stainless steel blade with an attractive bead blast finish that serves as an excellent cutting tool for all types of outdoor activities and chores around the campsite or home base. The contoured G10 handles provide a secure and comfortable grip for extended use without fatigue or slipping away from your hands when wet or dirty conditions are present during outdoor excursions .
- Cold Steel Master Hunter Plus Fixed Blade Knife – With its 4 5/8” clip point blade crafted from American CTS XHP Alloy Steel, this robust knife offers superior edge retention for all kinds of cutting tasks such as preparing dinner over the campfire or carving tent stakes at your home away from home campsite setup location..The handle is constructed with checkered G-10 material making it both ergonomic and slip resistant while allowing comfortable gripping power under all weather conditions encountered outdoors..
- Ka-Bar USMC Fighting Utility Fixed Blade Knife – Forged by U.S soldiers since WWII, this classic combat fighter comes complete with its iconic 7” KA-BAR clip point blade that can take on any job thrown its way—whether you’re facing down some tough woodsman tasks like clearing brush or hammering tent stakes into firm soil surfaces during your travel adventures..The stacked leather washer handle provides excellent grip when wet or slippery conditions are present on your camping expeditions..
- Spyderco Paramilitary 2 Tactical Folder -This tactical folder features a 3 7/8″ CPM S30V leaf shaped stainless steel blade designed to hold up against rigorous outdoor activities such as cutting rope while building shelter at camp sites across America….The G10 handles are lightweight yet durable enough to endure hard use while providing superior grip power regardless of what Mother Nature throws in your path..
9 Browning Black Label Suppressor Full Tang Dagger -This dagger has an impressive 6 ¼ inch double edged spear point 440C stainless steel blade that can seemingly cut through anything—it’s no wonder why this knife has become so popular among hunters, campers, outdoorsmen alike..The black rubberized handles offer nonslip gripping power even when wet…
10 Buck Knives 119 Special Fixed Blade Knife -This legendary hunting knife has been around since 1962 and still remains one of the most popular models amongst hunters and outdoorsmen alike today…It features a 6⅛ inch 420HC clip point stainless steel blade that can be used for small game processing like gutting fish to larger tasks such as large game dressing…The cocobolo Dymondwood brass guard handle offers great comfort in hand while preventing slipping away when taking on hard jobs out in nature’s wild elements…
5 Things To Consider When Buying Best Kephart Knife
When it comes to buying a Kephart Knife, there are a few things to consider. First, you should look at the type of knife you want. Kephart knives come in a variety of shapes, sizes and styles. Some popular varieties include spear point, drop point and clip point. Each style has its own advantages and disadvantages. You should choose the one that best meets your needs and preferences.
Second, you should consider the steel used for the blade of your knife. A good quality Kephart knife is typically made from carbon steel or stainless steel. Carbon steel is usually more durable and can hold an edge longer than stainless steel but it’s also more prone to rusting if not cared for properly. Stainless steel blades are less likely to corrode but may not hold an edge as long as carbon steel blades do.
Third, you should pay attention to the handle of your Kephart Knife. Handles come in various materials such as wood, plastic or metal for increased durability and grip. You should choose one that provides adequate support while still being comfortable in your hand during use. If possible, try out different handles before making a purchase decision so that you get the right handle for your needs and preferences.
Fourth, make sure that the tang on your Kephart Knife is full or half-tang which provide better strength and balance compared to rat tail tangs which tend to be weaker and less durable over time. Full-tang means that the blade extends through the entire length of the handle while a half-tang only extends partway through it – both offer great strength and stability when using them for tasks like cutting rope or slicing vegetables.
Finally, check if there is any additional features included with your Kephart Knife such as a lanyard hole, pocket clip or glass breaker tip which can be very useful depending on how you plan on using it. Having these extra features can make all the difference between just another generic knife and one that is perfect for any situation life throws at you!
How To Use Kephart Knife
Learning how to correctly use a Kephart Knife is an essential skill for any outdoorsman. This type of knife, which was first designed by Horace Kephart in the early 1900s, has become quite popular among hikers and campers. The design of the Kephart Knife is ideal for cutting, whittling, and preparing food while out in the wild. As with any tool, proper usage is paramount for safety and getting the most out of your Kephart Knife.
To start, it’s important to hold your Kephart Knife properly. Grip it firmly but not too tightly; you should be able to comfortably move your fingers around the handle without straining them. Make sure your index finger is above the blade and away from it so you don’t cut yourself. When cutting something, keep your other hand at least four inches away from the blade as a precaution against accidental cuts or slips.
When using a Kephart Knife to whittle or make small cuts on wood, always ensure that your knife is well-sharpened before each use. A dull blade can cause more harm than good when working with wood as it can cause splintering and breakage rather than clean cuts. Always work slowly and carefully when whittling so that you don’t accidentally nick yourself or lose control of your knife mid-cut.
Finally, take extra care when using a Kephart Knife to prepare food while camping or hiking. Never use a dirty blade as this could lead to contamination of food items with bacteria or dirt particles; always make sure it is thoroughly cleaned after each use before returning it back into its sheath or cover. Additionally, be aware of any shells or bones when cutting meat – if these are accidentally included in meals they can pose serious health risks if ingested!
Properly using a Kephart Knife takes time and practice but with some patience you’ll soon master the art of handling this versatile tool!
In conclusion, the Best Kephart Knife is an incredibly versatile tool that can be used for a variety of tasks. Whether you are looking for a knife to use for hunting, camping, or everyday tasks, the Kephart Knife has a range of options that make it an ideal choice. It’s important to consider your budget and needs before choosing the right one for you, as well as learning how to properly use and care for your knife in order to ensure long-term performance. With its great design and superior craftsmanship, the Best Kephart Knife is sure to be an essential tool in your collection.