There are a few big names in the industry when it comes to printers. HP and Canon are one of those. You can’t let anyone down when talking about HP vs Canon Printer. HP is a well-known brand and has a wide variety of printers to choose from. They are known for their quality and reliability, and most of their printers come with features that other brands don’t offer. For example, some HP printers can print directly from your mobile device or even scan documents and send them to your email. They are also generally cheaper than Canon printers, but the difference isn’t that big.
Then we have Canon. Canon printers have a big name in the industry and have a large selection to choose from. They focus on high-quality prints and aren’t very good at anything else. If you need a printer that can do a lot of different things, HP is the better option. However, Canon is the better choice if you need a printer for office tasks and don’t mind spending more money.
HP vs Canon Printer
HP Printer Reviews
The HP brand was developed by Bill Hewlett and Dave Packard in 1939. The company name “Hewlett-Packard” remained until 1999 when it changed its name to HP Inc.
Since the 1960s, HP has produced innovative computers and printers. It was one of the first companies to produce a laser printer in 1984, and it went on to expand its business into inkjet technology in 1990 with its DeskJet 1000C. The company markets its products as reliable, affordable and produces high-quality prints. HP printers are now some of the most popular on the market, with a wide range of models to suit different needs.
1. HP OfficeJet Pro 8035e Wireless Color Printer
If you’re looking for a printer that can handle all of your printing needs, the HP OfficeJet Pro 8035e Wireless Color Printer is a great option. This printer comes with an auto-duplex feature, so you can save time and paper by printing on both sides of the page.
It also has various connectivity options, including USB cable, ethernet cable,, and wifi network. You can also use it as a copy machine and fax machine. Furthermore, the printer’s speed is 20 ppm in black and 10 ppm in color, so you can get your tasks done quickly.
Handle stacks of paper without wasting time and money. It can print on both sides of a page, so you can save time and money when you need to print out large amounts of paper.
Superfast printing speed
The HP OfficeJet Pro 8035e Wireless Color Printer prints up to 20 ppm in black and 10 ppm in color, so you no longer have to worry about timing.
You can print wirelessly from anywhere in your home using the HP OfficeJet Pro 8035e Wireless Color Printer.
Free 12 months ink with HP+
When you subscribe to HP+, you’ll receive free ink for 12 months.
2 years warranty
It has a 2-year warranty, so you can be sure your printer will last for a long time.
- Print up to 20 ppm in black and 10 ppm in color.
- Print, copy, scan and fax documents with ease.
- Free 12 months ink subscription with printer purchase.
- 2 year warranty.
- Auto-duplex printing.
- HP inkjet printer ink price is higher.
2. HP OfficeJet Pro 9015e Wireless Printer
Are you looking for a wireless printer that can do it all? The HP OfficeJet Pro 9015e Wireless Printer has got you covered. It has a fast print speed of 22 ppm in black and 18 ppm in color. Besides, its cloud printing feature enables you to print from anywhere. You can also connect to your printer wirelessly with your smartphone or tablet. The HP OfficeJet Pro 9015e Wireless Printer also comes with a built-in auto document feeder that can handle up to 250 pages at a time. Lastly, the printer also comes with a 2 year warranty for added peace of mind.
Auto Document Feeder
The HP OfficeJet Pro 9015e Wireless Printer also comes with an auto document feeder that can handle up to 250 pages at a time. This means you can easily scan, copy, or fax multi-page documents without manually feeding them through the printer.
Print, Copy, Scan, and Fax
The HP OfficeJet Pro 9015e Wireless Printer is not only able to print, but it can also scan or fax. This makes it easy to create multi-page documents without having separate devices for each function.
The HP OfficeJet Pro 9015e Wireless Printer is compatible with smartphones and tablets running on Android OS 4.4.4 and later, iOS 8 and higher. With this feature, you could easily print from your mobile devices without hassle.
Free 6 months ink with HP+
When you register for an HP Plus account, the printer will come with an additional six months of ink benefits. This can help you save money in the long run on your printing costs.
The HP OfficeJet Pro 9015e Wireless Printer is cloud print enabled. This means you can print from anywhere in the world as long as you have an internet connection. This can be a lifesaver when you need to print something while on the go quickly.
- Wi-Fi connection is easy to set up.
- Prints quickly super fast
- Cloud printing enabled.
- Comes with a 2 year warranty.
- 6 months of ink benefits when registering for a HP+ account.
- Setup process is quite complex for some users.
3. HP LaserJet Pro M479fdw Wireless Printer
The HP LaserJet Pro M479fdw Wireless Printer comes with many great features such as auto-on and auto-off technology, wireless printing capabilities, auto feeder, and so on. It also has a 4.3-inch color touchscreen display to use with ease. Moreover, the printer is designed for easy cartridge replacement and has a 1 year warranty. Overall, the HP LaserJet Pro M479fdw Wireless Printer is a great printer to purchase if you are looking for something with great features and ease of use.
Auto On/Off Technology
HP LaserJet Pro M479fdw is designed to turn on and off automatically when needed.
Easy Cartridge Replacement
It is designed for easy cartridge replacement to change the cartridges quickly and easily.
The Printer comes with a 4.3-inch color touchscreen display to navigate through your printer with ease.
You can connect the printer to your router wirelessly or use the USB cable to print from your computer.
- Outstanding auto on/off technology
- Easy Cartridge Replacement
- 4.3-Inch Color Touchscreen display
- Wireless Printing Capabilities
- 50-sheet auto document feeder
- Comparatively highly priced.
How to Connect HP Printer to Wi-Fi
Almost all the HP Printers come with a built-in wireless receiver that allows you to print wirelessly from anywhere in your home. To print wirelessly from your HP Printer, you will need:
Steps to connect hp printer to wifi and print wirelessly:
- Make sure your HP Printer is turned on and connected to your wireless network.
- On your computer, open the HP Printer Assistant software.
- In the HP Printer Assistant window, click Printer > Print with options.
- Select Wireless Setup Wizard and ensure your printer is listed with a green check mark next to it.
- Click Continue on the HP Printer Assistant window. If you see an update link, please update before continuing with wireless setup.
- On the next window, set Wireless Network Setup to On.
- Enter your wireless network name in Network Name and click the down arrow if the SSID is not visible.
- Select the security type for your network from the Security drop-down menu and enter your password in Password or Passphrase, then click Add/OK. The password or passphrase should be 8-63 characters.
- On the Wireless Network Setup screen, verify your wireless settings are correct and click Next.
- Select No to sharing the printer if you do not want other users on your network to access this printer wirelessly, then click Next.
- Review the installation summary and click Install. This will complete the wireless setup for your printer. If you see a window asking to update your printer drivers, please click Yes to install the updated software.
- Print a test page to ensure the connection between your computer and HP Printer are working properly.
How to Print from IPhone to HP Printer
There are a few different ways to print from your iPhone. This article will go over the easiest way to do it.
The easiest way to print from your iPhone is by using the AirPrint feature. AirPrint is a built-in function on iPhones that allows you to print wirelessly.
Step-1: Go to Settings on your iPhone.
Step-2: Scroll down and tap Print & Scan.
Step-3: Tap the switch next to AirPrint, so it turns green. This enables AirPrint, allowing you to print easily from your iPhone. You are all set up! Now you can get on with printing from your iPhone.
Step-4: Go to the app you wish to print from and tap the Share button. This may be labeled as ‘Share’ or with a symbol of an arrow coming out of a box (see picture below).
Step-5: Select Print at the bottom right corner of the screen. You will see all of the printers you have available.
Step-6: Tap the printer you want to use. Your phone will start printing wirelessly!
Another way is to use the HP Smart app. HP Smart is a free app that you can download from the App Store. This app allows you to print from your iPhone and scan documents and photos.
The process for printing with HP Smart is very similar to AirPrint:
Step-1: Go to Settings on your iPhone.
Step-2: Scroll down and tap Print & Scan.
Step-3: Tap the switch next to HP Smart to turn green. This enables the app, allowing you to print easily from your iPhone. You are all set up! Now you can get on with printing from your iPhone.
Canon Printer Review
Canon printers are some of the most popular on the market, and they offer high-quality prints, great features, and ease of use.
The company got its start in 1933 as a manufacturer of camera lenses. It wasn’t a printing brand until 1984. With its LBP-810 laser printer launch, Canon entered the printer market.
Since then, Canon has continued to innovate in the printer market, releasing new models with advanced features and capabilities. They were at the forefront of new technologies that are still relevant today!
1. Canon PIXMA TR4520 Wireless Printer
If you are looking for a budget friendly printer, you love Canon PIXMA TR4520 Wireless Printer. It is a 4 in one printer, which means it can print, scan, copy and fax. With Auto On/Off Technology, you can save a lot of energy.
Moreover, it has a 4.3-Inch Color touchscreen display, making it easy to print. The 50-sheet auto document feeder is helpful to keep your hands free when you need to copy multiple pages.
You will get tons of super cool features at a very low price.
Working with this Canon cartridge printer is simple and easy, thanks to its dot matrix display that will guide you through all the operations in an effortless manner.
Auto On/Off Technology
The printer automatically goes into sleep mode when not in use for conserving power.
- The printer is very affordable.
- It has a dot matrix display which makes it easy to print.
- Auto document feeder is helpful to keep your hands free when copying multiple pages.
- Auto on/off technology reduce energy consumption
- Printing speed is slower than usual.
2. Canon imageCLASS D1620 Multifunction Laser Printer
The Canon imageCLASS D1620 is a laser printer that combines a copier, a scanner, and a fax machine into one affordable device. It also includes wireless connectivity for ease of use. Besides, the printer comes with 2300 sheet paper capacity and includes a 3 year warranty.
Super large LCD touchscreen display makes it easy to navigate. Moreover, it supports easy wireless printing from even mobile devices. The Canon imageCLASS D1620 always wins for HP vs canon laser printer for its variety of features and lower ink pricing.
Large paper capacity
The Canon imageCLASS D1620 also has a large 2300 sheet paper capacity, making it easy to print large jobs without reloading the printer.
LCD touchscreen display
It has a built-in LCD touchscreen display, giving you easier access to all the printer’s settings. This is great for quickly changing settings on the go.
Flexible connectivity options
Flexible connectivity options allow it to connect to a variety of devices easily. These include both wired and wireless connectivity.
Who won’t love a printing speed up to 45 ppm? Well, everyone will! It is perfect for busy offices that quickly produce large printouts with a 45 ppm.
3 year warranty
The Canon imageCLASS D1620 comes with a 3 year warranty that provides peace of mind. You can rely on Canon’s world-class customer service and support for years to come.
- LCD touchscreen display make it easy to navigate the device.
- Prints high quality documents at speeds up to 45 ppm.
- Large 2300 sheet paper capacity saves you time when printing large jobs.
- 3 years of warranty
- Canon toner cartridges are more expensive than other cartridges.
3. Canon TR8620 All-in-One Printer
Looking for an all-in-one printer with features that will make your life easier? The Canon TR8620 may be perfect for you. This printer has a 20 sheet auto document feeder, making it easy to scan or copy multi-page documents quickly. Besides, it has a 1 year warranty, ensuring that you’ll be able to enjoy this machine for the long haul.
Moreover, the 4.3″ LCD touchscreen display conveniently allows you to print without hassle. The Canon TR8620 also has 25 ppm of printing power, allowing you to quickly print all of your projects at home or in the office with ease. You’ll love how easy it is to print from your smart devices with the simple, step by step instructions on the touchscreen display.
The Canon TR8620 can easily be connected to a wireless network, giving you the freedom to print from anywhere in your home.
This printer also has the ability to auto duplex, meaning that it can print on both sides of a sheet of paper without you having to do anything.
Fast printing speed
It is perfect for busy households or offices with a printing speed of 25 pages per minute. You’ll be able to churn out all your printing jobs in no time quickly.
- Built-in Wi-Fi connection allows you to print from anywhere in your home.
- Great printing speed at 25 ppm.
- 1 year warranty.
- Super cool auto document feeder
- Complicated setup process
How to Connect Canon Printer to Wi-Fi
The technology used in printers has advanced over time, allowing for printers to connect to wireless networks or be connected directly to a computer via USB. However, some printers use both technologies simultaneously, allowing for compatibility between computers and other devices on the network.
When connecting your Canon printer to a wireless network, you must first set up the printer for wireless printing. This can be done using the Canon software that came with your printer or the manufacturer’s website.
Once the printer is set up for wireless printing, you will need to find the network name (SSID) and password for your home or office network. To connect to a wireless network, your computer will need to detect the wireless network while you are in range. If your computer cannot detect a wireless network while you are near your home or office, you will not be able to print wirelessly.
Once you have your home or office network set up and your computer connected, begin printing from any application by clicking on the File tab and selecting Print.
How to Connect Canon Printer to IPhone
You can connect it to your iPhone using the Canon Print app if you have a Canon printer. To do this, follow these steps:
- Make sure that both your iPhone & printer are associated to the identical Wi-Fi network.
- Open the Canon Print app on your iPhone and tap the “Settings” icon at the top right of your screen.
- Tap “Printer Settings.” If you already have a printer set up, simply select it from the list to connect to it. Otherwise, tap “Add Printer,” choose your printer’s manufacturer and model, and enter the printer’s Wi-Fi name and password.
- Once your printer is set up, you can print documents and photos from your iPhone by opening the document or photo you want to print and then tapping the “Share” icon. Select “Print” and then choose your printer from the list.
HP vs Canon Printer Buying Guide
When you are looking for a printer, there are a few things you need to consider. The first is what type of printer you need. There are three types of printers: inkjet, laser, and all-in-one.
Inkjet printers are the most common type of printer. They are affordable and can print both photos and documents. The drawback with inkjet printers is that original cartridges can be expensive, and their ink doesn’t last long, typically only lasting about 2 years.
Laser printers give you faster print times and higher print quality than an inkjet printer. They tend to be more expensive than an inkjet printer but cheaper over time. One reason for the cheaper long term cost is that laser printers use toner, which lasts much longer than inkjet printer cartridges.
An all-in-one printer gives you the benefits of both an inkjet and a laser printer in one unit. They are lightweight and can print, copy, scan, and fax. They also tend to be more expensive than a laser printer.
Frequency of Usage
The next thing you need to consider is how often you will be using the printer. If you only need to print a few pages every month, an inkjet printer is probably the best option for you. If you need to print many pages every day, a laser printer is probably the best option. You need to print documents and photos an all-in-one printer is a good option.
Size of the Printer
Consider how much space you have available for a printer. They come in different sizes, from small enough to sit on your desk to large units designed to go on the floor.
It takes to print your documents is another important feature to consider. Laser printers are faster than inkjet printers, and all-in-ones take less time than a laser printer. If time is an issue, get a fast printer.
The printing quality is measured in dots per inch (dpi). The higher the dpi, the better the print quality. Most printers have a dpi of 600 or less, but some have 2400 or more.
The cost of printer ink is another thing to consider when buying a printer. The higher the dpi, the more expensive the ink will be.
Calculate how much it will cost you to print each page. This considers not only the cost of supplies but also any costs associated with operating the device. When choosing between HP and Canon, make sure you understand canon ink vs hp ink pricing.
The weight of a printer can be another important feature to consider. If you need to transport the printer regularly, such as from your home to an offsite location, look for something lightweight and easy to carry.
The last thing to consider is the price of the printer. Printers range in price from $50 to $1,000. Consider what you need the printer for and how often you will use it to determine what price is best for you.
Canon vs HP printer: Comparison
|Country of origin||USA||Japan|
|Ink type||pigment-based ink||Quick dry ink|
HP vs Canon Printer: Similarities
Both HP and Canon printers are popular choices for consumers who need a reliable printer for their home or office. But what are the similarities between these two brands of printers?
- For one, both HP and Canon printers typically offer high print quality. Whether you need to print documents, photos, or anything else, both brands are likely to deliver crisp, clear prints. Additionally, both HP and Canon printers are typically easy to set up and use, which is great news for those who aren’t especially tech-savvy.
- Another similarity between HP and Canon printers is that they both offer a wide range of printer models to choose from. This means that you can select the exact printer that best meets your needs, whether you need a large-format photo printer or something smaller like an all-in-one inkjet printer.
- Finally, both HP and Canon printers tend to be affordable options compared to other top brands of printers.
HP vs Canon Printer: What Should You Buy
Both HP vs Canon printer are big names in the printing industry for their uncompromisable quality and different features. However, they have some distinguishing features that make them perfect for different users. HP printer is cheaper to buy while its printing cost is super high. On the other hand, Canon printers are high in price while purchasing but very cheap in ink cost. So if you’re a frequent user, you would love to use Canon printers as it will save more money in ink cost. On the vice versa, if you’re buying one just for home use, you could buy the HP printers as it comes with a handy price. So, HP vs Canon printer, which one wins for you?