This HP OfficeJet 3830 review will assess the printer for what makes it unique, point out how its features work, and also how easy it is to use, among others, to help make your choice easier.
|HP OfficeJet 3830 All-in-One|
|Print Media Type||Envelopes, paper (plain)|
|Maximum Print Speed||(Black; White/Color)X pages_per_minute 20 pages|
|Types of Cartridges||Standard (HP63 Black & Tri-Color) High-Yield (HP63 XL Black & HP63 XL Black) HP63 Multipacks, HP Instant Ink|
|Additional Features||Auto-document feeder, Wi-Fi Direct|
|Item Dimensions||14.33 x 17.72 x 8.54 inches|
The HP OfficeJet 3830 is among the popular printer options currently available on the market. It is one of the many choices you have when you are looking for a new printer. We will provide details about the product’s most important features, a list of compatibility requirements, potential benefits, and also potential problems. A summary of customer reports will also be featured and felt throughout the course of this HP OfficeJet 3830 review.
Top Features of the HP OfficeJet 3830
This HP OfficeJet 3830 review will now assess this printer’s features. It is a wireless printer with options for noise reduction and photo printing, among others.
- Auto Wireless Connect: allows the printer to connect wirelessly. This means that you can begin printing virtually as soon as you plug in the printer.
- Wi-Fi Direct: allows users to connect various devices to the printer. You can print even without a wireless network available.
- Access to the HP mobile printing app is included. The app allows users to manage and scan tasks even when they are on the go.
- The product’s quiet mode eliminates many of the noises generally associated with printers.
- You can print photos in the 4×6 dimension.
- Borderless printing: avoids any smudges when printing photos or other materials that contain more than text.
- The printer includes a touchscreen with LCD. This helps conveniently customize and keep track of all printing orders.
- Anyone who purchases the product is eligible to enroll in the HP Instant Ink program. This ensures that an order for new ink is placed automatically whenever the ink is low.
- The printer is extremely compact, making it easy to fit and use in any type or size of room or office.
- This device can also scan, copy, and fax in addition to printing. Scroll Scan makes scanning a wide variety of material both possible and easy.
What the HP OfficeJet 3830 Works With
This HP OfficeJet 3830 review will now look at the various types of paper, operating systems, and devices that the printer is compatible with along with details about its paper tray.
- This device can print:
- Legal paper
- No. 10 envelopes
- Paper sizes:
- The printer is compatible with the following operating systems:
- Windows Vista and higher
- Mac OSx v10.8 Mountain Lion and higher
- Linux Kernel 2.4.19 and higher
- LIBUSB 0.1.8 and higher
- GPL Ghostscript 7.05 and higher
- Foomatic 3.0.2 and higher
- Python 2.2 and higher
- See manufacturer’s information for other possibilities, if needed.
- Compatible with all types of tablets and smartphones.
- The printer can connect to print jobs wirelessly or via USB.
- Wireless printing is possible thanks to the use of the:
- HP Smart App
- HP ePrint
- Apple AirPrint
- HP ePrint Mobile App
- HP Print Service Plugin for Android
- Scheduled delivery printables are the only web services that work with this printer.
- The printer tray has:
- Input capacity: 60 sheets
- Output capacity: 25 sheets
- Auto document feeder: up to 35 sheets
- The print is always very clear and easy to read, and photos are printed with extremely high quality
- An OfficeJet 3830 costs slightly less than the average printer with comparable features and functionality
- The average speed of a text-only print is approximately 10 pages per minute, rather faster than most similar printers
- It is extremely easy to set up, especially if taking advantage of the automatic connection to a wireless network
- The printer is very lightweight at only 12.37 pounds, making it easy to move whenever necessary and it can easily fit anywhere.
- The trays are rather small, with only a 60/25-sheet capacity
- This product does not have an Ethernet port
- The printer is equipped with a dual cartridge system, which can be problematic since color ink tends to exhaust quicker than black and white ink
- Multiple customer reports claim to notice no difference in noise between the printer’s normal setting and its setting intended to reduce noise
What Users Say
Among all the factors discussed above throughout this HP OfficeJet 3830 review, customers tend to most appreciate the printer’s low cost and its extreme ease of set-up and use.
Customers tend to report saving money not only on the printer itself but also on ink when they take advantage of the program for ordering ink refills automatically.
Most users report needing less than 15 minutes to set up their printer and appreciating the explicit instructions that come in multiple forms, including a DVD.
The touchscreen makes using the printer’s various features self-explanatory. This printer’s settings are easy to adjust to fit any given printing, scanning, copying or faxing need.
Customer complaints in various HP OfficeJet 3830 reviews are most often related to the size of the paper tray. These report that the printers often take several pages at the same time to print a single page.
Similarly, several reports have claimed that the feeder does not load fully. In general, these problems can be solved merely by reducing the number of pages per load. Some customers stated that they have done this repeatedly without any positive results, but it might all just as well be case-dependant.
Our HP OfficeJet 3830 review has pointed out the various components, performance aspects, and compatibility matters of this printer. It also drew attention to its potential benefits and problems, which were completed by the varied insights gleaned from many customers reports.
Have you already worked with the HP OfficeJet 3830? Then please feel free to share your experiences with us.
You might also be interested in our best of list of HP printers currently available on the market, or perhaps in finding one of the best all-in-one printers for small businesses that meet your requirements.