Snap Inc., formerly known as Snapchat Inc., is indeed a multimedia instant messaging application and service based in the United States. One of Snapchat’s most notable features is that photos and messages are often only available for a brief period before being deleted.
We are living in the “Selfie Decade.”Every day, millions of individuals take images of themselves. We prefer to interact and share our lives since we are social human beings.
The biggest challenge of Snapchat was once you select your username, you cannot change it. But the good news had arrived. From February of this year, you will be able to change your Snapchat username.
You must be wondering how this is possible. How to change Snapchat username? What are the procedures?
Then don’t worry about these issues because this post will lead you through everything step by step.
Cool and New Snapchat Tips and Tricks that Appeared in 2022:
- After taking a photo, you can use Snapchat Face Lenses,
- Find Songs with Shazam Integration,
- Outside of the App, you can hare stories,
- Using Snapchat to send money,
- You can now disable snap map,
- Download your Snapchat history data quickly and easily,
- Making Use of Context Cards
- Snap store sells merchandise,
- Use Bitmoji Deluxe,
- Make your lenses and filters,
- Emoji skin tones can set as a default.
Did You Know You Can Now Modify Your Snapchat Username:
Yeah, you heard it right. An existing Snapchat profile’s username can change. In December 2021, Snapchat began enabling users to change their Snapchat usernames. Snapchat began allowing users to adjust their Snapchat usernames in December 2021. It was only available to Australian residents.
Snapchat will allow users to alter their usernames with an update, according to some research. On February 23, this update will be available to all Android and iOS users worldwide.
First of All,
Before going directly about how you can change your Snapchat username, let us start with the other things you need to know. What is a display name? how does it work? What is a username? With what name, how will people identify you?
When you first open the app, you will notice two different types of names. Such as:
Friends can distinguish a user by their display name on Snapchat. Users can modify their Snapchat usernames at any moment.
It’s quite simple. Yet there is a catch! Friends who are adding before the change will see the old display name. Anyone who adds after the adjustment will see an updated display name.
Your username is the identifier you use to log in to your profile. It is only possible to set it once when you initially establish your account. It is seen right under your Bitmoji, besides your Snapchat score.
Problems That Have Occurred in the Past Include:
The People in this generation enjoy change. People enjoy starting new projects. They enjoy having new things in their lives. People have always wondered why they can’t change their username on Snapchat. Every day millions of people search on google “How to change Snapchat username.”
As there was no option of changing their username, hence people had to delete their profile to have a new username. As a result,
- They used to lose all the account info they had,
- Lose all those Snapchat points they collected for a very long time
- Stop having contacts of all added friends
- No longer have all non-saved snaps, those are not saved in your phone’s gallery
- All streaks that have lasted a long time must broke.
- Wipe the whole of your conversations with others.
You won’t have to deal with the inconvenience of changing your username. You can change your username without deleting your Snapchat account.
Can You Change Your Snapchat Username on Your Own?
Well, you will be very much happy to know that now you can:
- If you think your Snapchat username is too boring. It does not go with the trend. It is too backdated. You want to change it, but not sure how?then It’s okay! We are here for you.
- It’s important to note that you’re only allowed to alter your username once per year.Our demonstration was done on an Android handset, but the processes are the same on an iPhone.
Right now, we will provide detailed instructions so that you can change your Snapchat username within a blink of an eye. Here are the steps:
- To access your profile, open Snapchat and tap your profile icon in the top-left corner.
- When the profile page appears, see top-right corner and tap the Settings icon at the
- Subsequently, under the “My Account” option, click on “Username”.
- Thereupon “Change Username” to change your existing Snapchat username.
- At this moment,Snapchat notifies users that they can only change their usernames once per year.
- To confirm, tap “Continue,” then write your new username in the “Username” textbox before pressing the “Next” button.
- After that, type your password and click the “Confirm” button.
- To confirm the changes, press “Continue” when the confirmation window occurs.
That’s all there is! You will see a pop-up from Snapchat indicating that you’ve successfully updated your Snapchat username.
We hope that our complete instructions about how to change your Snapchat username will be beneficial for you.
Also, you will have to wait a year to change your username again, as the article previously explained.
Snapchat will begin letting people alter their usernames, but there is still a catch!
Snapchat’s this new feature right now is not available. As discussed before, you’re only allowed to alter your username once per year. The new feature will be launched at the end of February 2022.
- Now you might be wondering, what if someone wants to change their Snapchat username before the year is up?
- If you need to change your username right away, the only choice is to cancel your Snapchat account and start over.You can find directions for deleting your Snapchat account in the following article.
- Deleting an activated profile is the only option left for you. This may not be a complicated option but there is a drawback. The drawback is you won’t be able to transfer your data to the new profile and will have to start over. Thus you will have to lose everything.
What Should You Do Before Deleting the Snapchat Account?
Snapchat deletion means losing everything into it. In some cases, you might need the information your account carried. Thus, it is better to download a backfile before removing the account.
Before you delete your Snapchat account, you should back up your data. Here are the following steps:
- In a desktop or mobile browser, signinto Snapchat’s accounts page and click the “My Data” tab.
- To request your Snapchat data, scroll down to the bottom and click the “Submit Request” option.
- A verification notice accepting the request will now appear.
- It may take a little while to get an email with directions on how to download your Snapchat data, depending on the amount of data you have.
- After that, you can remove your Snapchat account.
After all these procedures, the following information will be included in Snapchat’s email containing your data:
- Login History and Account Information
- Snap History
- Chat History
- Story and Spotlight Content
- Purchase History
- Shop History
- Snapchat Support History
- Public profile
- Story history
- Account history
- Snapchat Support History
- Terms history
- Search history
- Talk history
- Ad’s manager
- Scans, etc.
If you want a backup, these details will be sent to you through email.
How to Deactivate Snapchat Account
- Open the Snapchat app and go to the settings option and scroll down. You will have an option named “I need a help”, press it.
- Then click “ the My account and security option”. Then you will get an option for Selecting “Delete my account”.
- To continue, enter your Snapchat credentials, your password along with username and then click “Continue.”
- A confirmation message will appear, stating that your account will be deactivated soon. If you change your mind, you have another 1 month to resume your Snapchat account.
Your account will be deactivated for 30 days following these steps. Your friend will no longer be able to contact you on Snapchat within 30 days. After that, your account will eventually be removed permanently.
In this generation, people get bored easily. People love to innovate things in their way. Just like other things, people get bored with their old username. They often want to change it and name it something very trendy. All these years, tons of people searched in google “How to change Snapchat username?”
This article is mostly for these people. This article will teach you everything you could want to know about it.