Water distillers are a great way to ensure the purity of your home’s drinking water. Consumer Reports has carefully evaluated a wide range of water distillers on the market and rated them in order to help you find the best of the best. We have compiled a list of the top 10 consumer reports water distillers, along with important factors to consider when making your purchase. Whether you are looking for an economical solution or one that offers additional features, such as countertop design, auto shut off and high-capacity tanks, we have all the information you need about these devices so that you can make an informed decision. Read on to learn more about the options available in consumer reports water distillers and how to choose the right one for your needs!
What Is Water Distiller?
Water distillers are an essential appliance for those looking to purify their drinking water. They remove impurities and contaminates from the water and turn it into a clean, healthy source of hydration. Water distillers use evaporation and condensation technology to separate water vapor from other contaminants in the water, leaving behind pure, clean drinking water. Unlike other types of water filters, a distiller is capable of removing more than just sediment and chlorine; it can also remove volatile organic compounds (VOCs), bacteria, heavy metals, pesticides, fluoride, and even dissolved solids. By using a distiller to purify drinking water you can reduce your exposure to harmful chemicals and increase the quality of your home’s drinking water. Distillation is considered one of the most effective ways to remove impurities from drinking water and make it safe for consumption.
When it comes to choosing a distiller there are many factors that need to be taken into account; such as size and capacity, cost, energy efficiency and durability. Consumer Reports has put together a list of the best consumer reports rated distillers on the market that meet all these criteria. The top 10 models have all been tested extensively by experts who have assessed their performance in terms of purity, taste, noise levels and energy efficiency. The following models offer some of the best features on the market – at an affordable price point – making them ideal for anyone looking for an efficient way to purify their drinking water.
Types Of Water Distillers
Water distillers come in a variety of shapes, sizes and designs, depending on the type you choose. There are five main types of water distillers available for consumers: countertop distillers, pot stills, integrated stills, stainless steel stills and reverse osmosis systems.
Countertop distillers are designed to fit on top of your kitchen counter or other flat surface and can hold up to 8 gallons of water at once. They usually have an automatic shut-off feature that turns off the unit when it has finished distilling. Pot stills are much larger in size than countertop models and can handle up to 40 gallons of water at one time. These stills are typically used for commercial purposes but some home brewers have found them useful as well. Integrated stills combine both heating and cooling elements into one unit, making them more efficient than their separate counterparts. Stainless steel stills provide excellent durability and are great for long-term use by commercial operations. Finally, reverse osmosis systems use filters to remove impurities from drinking water before it is heated or cooled in the distillation process.
List Of 10 Consumer Reports Water Distillers
When it comes to water distillers, Consumer Reports reviews some of the top models on the market. Here is a list of 10 Consumer Reports water distillers that have earned high ratings for their performance and reliability:
- H2oLabs Water Distiller – This model from H2oLabs has been rated highly by Consumer Reports for its efficient and fast operation, as well as its ability to produce up to 4 gallons of clean drinking water from one cycle. It also features an adjustable temperature control setting and a timer for added convenience.
- Megahome Countertop Water Distiller – The Megahome is one of the most popular countertop models on the market, according to Consumer Reports. It produces up to 6 gallons of pure drinking water in a single cycle, making it ideal for large households or businesses. It also includes a stainless steel boiling chamber and charcoal filter for superior filtration power.
- Pure Water Mini-Classic CT – This compact model from Pure Water has been praised by Consumer Reports for producing high-quality distilled water with minimal effort and cost. Its small size makes it perfect for those living in tight spaces or looking to save space in their kitchen or office area.
- VEVOR Countertop Water Distiller – The VEVOR countertop model is another top pick from Consumer Reports due to its quiet yet powerful operation and durable construction. It also features an adjustable temperature setting, digital LCD display, and stainless steel boiling chamber for safe operation and easy cleaning.
- Nature’s Spring Countertop Water Distiller – This countertop model from Nature’s Spring has earned high marks from Consumer Reports for its efficient design, silent operation, and low maintenance requirements over time. It can produce up to 5 gallons of pure drinking water per cycle, making it perfect for large families or businesses that need plenty of drinking water on hand at all times.
- SRIWAT Countertop Water Distiller – The SRIWAT model is another great choice according to Consumer Reports, due to its sturdy construction and reliable performance over time with minimal maintenance required.. It produces up to 4 gallons of pure drinking water per cycle with adjustable temperature settings that allow you to tailor your distillation process perfectly each time you use it.
- Durastill 8 Gallon Per Day Automatic Water Distiller – If you’re looking for an automatic option that can produce a large amount of distilled water quickly and efficiently each day? Then this model from Durastill may be just what you need, according to Consumer Reports! This 8-gallon per day capacity distiller gets the job done quickly so you can have access to clean drinking water whenever you need it without any hassle involved!
- Imperial Berkey Gravity-Fed Water Purifier/Distiller Combo Unit – If you’re looking for something that combines both distillation and purification into one unit? Then look no further than this combo unit from Imperial Berkey! According to Consumer Reports reviewers, this device provides superior performance while being extremely energy efficient too! Plus it’s capable of producing up to 6 gallons per hour depending on your needs!
- SS BrewTech Stainless Steel Home Brewing Still – If you’re interested in using distilled water specifically for brewing beer or other beverages at home? Then the SS BrewTech still might be just what you need! According to reviewers at Consumer Report’s, this still offers unparalleled precision when it comes to controlling temperature settings during the distillation process so that you get results that are just right every time!
- Filspar 20 Liter Home Alcohol/Moonshine Still – For those looking specifically for a still designed solely for moonshine production? Then this Filspar 20 Liter still may fit your needs perfectly! Rated highly by consumers who reviewed it through consumer reports surveys , this still is made out of 100% copper which allows heat conduction more efficiently than other materials so that you get maximum purity when distilling your spirits at home !
7 Things To Consider When Buying Best Consumer Reports Water Distillers
When choosing the best consumer reports water distillers for your home, there are several factors to consider. Here are seven key factors to keep in mind when selecting the right water distiller for you:
- Capacity: The capacity of a water distiller determines how much distilled water it can produce in one cycle. If you plan on using a lot of distilled water, choose one with a higher capacity than what you need.
- Material: There are two main types of materials used to make water distillers: stainless steel and plastic. Stainless steel distillers tend to be more durable and last longer, while plastic ones are generally more affordable and easier to clean.
- Installation: Depending on the type of installation required for your particular model, it may be necessary to hire a professional plumber or electrician to get the job done properly. Be sure to factor this into your budget when making your purchase decision.
- Maintenance: Most models come with a filter that needs periodic replacement, as well as require occasional cleaning and descaling. Make sure you understand how often maintenance should be performed before buying a model so that you can budget accordingly.
- Energy Efficiency: If energy efficiency is important to you then look for models that have energy-saving features such as auto shut-off or sleep mode after periods of inactivity and low wattage operation during peak usage times.
- Price: When selecting the best water distiller for your needs, consider your budget and make sure you get the most value for your money by comparing different models across various price points that offer similar features and performance levels.
- Warranty & Customer Service Support : Before investing in any model make sure it comes with an adequate warranty period from the manufacturer which covers all parts including labour charges incurred in case of repairs or replacement needs over time . Also , it is important to check if reliable customer service support is available from the brand in case assistance is needed .
How To Use Water Distillers
Using a water distiller is one of the most reliable and cost-effective ways to ensure you have safe drinking water. It works by boiling the water over high temperatures, then condensing the vapor back into liquid form. The result is pure, clean water that is free from bacteria, metals and other contaminants.
To use a water distiller, first fill the container with tap or filtered water. Make sure it isn’t too full as this can cause overflow when heated. Place the container on the heating element and turn on the power switch. Depending on your model, this can be done either manually or automatically.
Once heated, the boiling process will begin and steam will start to generate in the chamber. This steam will travel up through a tube connected to a condenser unit which will cool it down and convert it back into liquid form. The condensed droplets will then be collected in a separate container where they can be stored for future use.
It’s important to note that some models may require periodic cleaning or maintenance in order to ensure optimal performance and prevent sediment buildup inside of the chamber or condenser unit. Most manufacturers will provide guidelines for how often this should occur as well as instructions for how to do so properly in order to keep your distiller running smoothly for years to come.
When using distilled water for cooking or drinking purposes, make sure to let it sit for at least 24 hours before consuming as this allows any remaining harmful elements to evaporate off completely before you consume them.
In conclusion, a water distiller is an incredibly useful piece of equipment for ensuring clean and safe drinking water. There are numerous types of distillers to choose from, and Consumer Reports provides information on the best models available. When selecting a model, it is important to consider factors such as the size, capacity, type of materials used in construction, energy requirements, noise rating, maintenance requirements, warranty coverage and cost. Additionally, it is important to understand how to use a water distiller properly and safely. With the right knowledge and product selection process in place, you can ensure that your home has access to clean and healthy drinking water.