When it comes to home security, one of the most important things you can do is keep your eye on your surroundings. By installing a wired doorbell chime, you are able to identify when someone arrives at your door and what kind of activity is surrounding your residence.
The doorbell chime is a device that is used to alert the home or business entrance when someone rings the doorbell. The name of the chime should be wired doorbell chime, but it is commonly called a door chime or wired door chime. It sounds like a common bell or small bell if you have a simple one, and a ringing sound with different tunes if you get an upgraded version. It is installed on the side of the wall so that your family can hear clearly from their room.
Editor’s Pick-Wired Doorbell Chime
Best Wired Doorbell Chime Reviews
1. Newhouse Hardware CHM1 Door Bell Chime
This neat retro-chic wired doorbell chime is perfect for people who appreciate the simple things in life. You know your guests have arrived when you hear the ‘ding dong’ of your doorbell. Newhouse Hardware brings you an enjoyable and nostalgic way to connect visitors with your home with this classic two-note “Ding Dong” chime. This charming chime is suitable for any entryway and is equipped with a separate “Dong” connection for the rear or side of your home’s exterior wall. This product works great for any home or business.
Features & Benefits:
- The CHM1 door chime from Newhouse Hardware is a contemporary doorbell chime that can be used to replace your existing doorbell. It is designed for hardwired setup and can be used with either one or two doors.
- Because it has two different chimes, one with a two-note melody on the front door and one with a one-note melody for the rear entrance, you’ll always know which door to go to.
- Traditional “Ding Dong” sound with two notes for the front door button; additionally, there is a connection with a distinct “Dong” sound for the back or side door.
- When connecting to a standard doorbell, use either a 16-volt/10 VA or 16-volt/15 VA transformer, which is not included in the package. Try searching for a suitable transformer using the terms “16TR” or “3TRAN.”
2. Broan-NuTone LA11WH Door Chime
The Broan-NuTone LA11WH door chime offers you peace of mind with added convenience and reliability. All of the features of a professionally installed door entry system and much more are in the package. Use this door chime to alert you of visitors with two different chimes for each family member. It is able to attach to your existing door and gives the owner the ability to know when someone has entered the house or if their child is running up to their room without knocking. This door chime condenses all of the features you need into a compact design that mounts to the wall with the included mounting hardware. The simple white finish complements any home decor, making the whole package easy to install.
Features & Benefits:
- White receiver has two chimes, allowing you to distinguish between which door a visitor is at any given time.
- Includes two chimes, one with two notes for the entrance and one with one note for the rear or 2nd door, to make it easy to differentiate between the two doors.
- Chime wires connected to a 16V transformer ensure continuous service and remove the risk associated with the batteries running out.
- The doorbell has a classic look with a white finish look that makes it suitable for any interior design.
3. Newhouse Hardware CHM2 doorbell Button, Chime
Newhouse Hardware CHM2 doorbell button chime is a sturdy, durable, and reliable chime with two sounds. It delivers two sounds: a doorbell chime “Ding Dong” sound and a “Dong” sound. It is easy to install to your existing doorbell button and doorbell transformer and keep any existing wiring. It comes with a volume control knob that allows you to adjust the volume of your chime. The tone of this chime is clear and loud enough to be heard from inside the home and outside in any weather conditions. This chime is a great addition to any home or business.
Features & Benefits:
- The CHM2 enhanced audio door chime from Newhouse Hardware is designed for installation via a hardwired connection, and it can be utilized with either one or two doors.
- The addition of design and texture makes it easy for the wired door chime to blend in with the walls of your home. A fantastic improvement or renewal for your residence.
- The doorbell chime keeps its sleek, contemporary white finish and features a vented cover to improve the sound’s transmission.
- This product does not come with either the button for the doorbell or the transformer.
4. Broan-NuTone LA305WL Wired Door Chime for Home
Impress your guests with the sophisticated tones and sleek design of a wired NuTone door chime. Guests will be impressed, and you won’t have to worry about replacing batteries. You can say a lot about someone with their choice of the chime. These chimes from NuTone are the perfect finishing touch for any home with a modern or traditional aesthetic.
Add a touch of elegance to your home with the Broan-NuTone LA305WL doorbell kit. This wired door chime offers a pleasing sound, which is perfect for your home. It features a traditional musical tone and is designed to be used for up to three entrances. The walnut receiver is modern and easy to install and alerts you when someone rings the doorbell at your home so that you aren’t left guessing where they are. This tone-alert door chime has a walnut finish and uses maple wood for its cover.
Features & Benefits:
- The Walnut-finished cover is a modern update to a classic style; its beveled edge frames an inset made of brushed brass and polished brass with a floral pattern.
- You can use the walnut receiver with up to three doorways, so your guests never have to wonder where to enter.
- The front door can have a four- or eight-note chime, while secondary and tertiary doors can each have their own individual one-note tone.
- To ensure continuous operation and to eliminate the need to replace dead batteries, a 16V transformer can be hardwired into the chime.
5. Newhouse Hardware CHM3D Door Chime
Complete home security with the Newhouse Hardware CHM3D Door Chime. This compact door chime plugs into a standard wall outlet and features three different chimes to choose from. It can be used to alert you or others to a visitor in your home or even alert you when the garage door opens. The device features volume controls, allowing you to independently adjust the volume on each side of the door. This door chime is easy to install and can be used with any existing doorbell system. This unit is great for anyone looking for extra protection without spending too much money.
What to Consider When Purchasing The Best Wired Doorbell Chime
A wired doorbell chime is a separate device that can be installed alongside your existing wired doorbell. They are available in both push button and non-push-button versions. You can choose from a large selection of different chimes or set your own custom tones. A wired doorbell chime offers a lot of benefits over standard doorbells since you’ll no longer have to worry about replacing any batteries or recharging anything. Wired doorbells are also constructed to offer more security against damage caused by weather conditions outside. Replacing an existing doorbell with one of these models is an incredibly easy project and requires just a few basic tools.
Where Should The Doorbell Chime Be Installed?
The distance between the front door and the chime is the first factor to consider. If your home or property is large enough to hear it from anywhere on the property, place the chime at the rear door. If you have a tiny residence, the chime could be placed near the front door so you don’t miss a ringing bell.
It’s also important to consider your home’s acoustics. The chime’s sound will be reflected off hard surfaces, such as tile or hardwood floors, making it difficult to hear. If you want to reduce the noise, place the chime in a room with carpeting or curtains.
Finally, think about where the wiring for the doorbell chime will go. If you have a lot of visible wiring in your house, you may want to hide the chime somewhere out of sight. If your house is newer and has hidden electrical wiring, you might be able to put the chime almost anywhere in it.
Frequently Asked Question
What Is The Difference Between A Doorbell And A Chime?
While most homes only have one chime, many chimes can be connected to the same doorbell system. The chime is the part of the doorbell that is positioned within your home and makes a sound when the push button is pressed.
Can You Use Any Chime With Ring Doorbell?
The Ring Video Doorbell is compatible with AC-powered door chimes with a voltage range of 8-24 volts. Any chime/intercom system that uses a DC transformer, including wireless chime systems, is incompatible with the Ring Video Doorbell.
Do You Need An Electrician To Install A Doorbell?
A professional electrician’s services aren’t actually required. It’s simple to set up on your own. Replace your old doorbell with this one and use your existing wire for the best results. You can also use a battery-powered installation approach that eliminates the need for any cords.
What Is A Hard Wired Doorbell?
Because a wired doorbell is connected to the system, you can be sure that your visitors or deliveries will be notified of their arrival. Electrical wiring that has been installed or is being installed frequently requires the use of a transformer to provide the proper voltage.
How Much Does It Cost To Have A Wired Doorbell Installed?
Labor fees for installing a new doorbell might range from $100 to $250. This technique includes installing the doorbell and connecting the power source to an existing electrical receptacle. Your doorbell should also be connected and secured by an electrician.
If you are confused about the options available, one way to simplify your decision is to focus on the needs of your home or office. Do you need door chimes for a commercial or office space where guests may need to be announced? Will a wireless system work in all areas of your home? When looking at wired door chimes, consider carefully where each one might be placed so they can be heard.