A weed wacker line is a string of small metal wires tied together. It’s used to make trimming easier, but it’s not the best solution for everyone. Don’t get me wrong. Weed eaters are very useful and most lawn owners have one in their garage. But that doesn’t mean you should use one too.
If you see weeds or grass growing beneath or next to a fence or a tree, then you should opt for a weed wacker rather than use a lawnmower for the task. That said, there are many pitfalls associated with the weed eater line and that’s why we wrote this article on the best weed wacker stringless trimmer reviews. You can read the whole text, but here are the main issues were going to discuss:
Editor’s Pick-Weed Wacker No String
Cordless String Trimmer Battery Powered, 21V Lightweight Weed Wacker with 2 Li-Ion Battery, 1...
|9.6||Buy on Amazon|
Sun Joe SB602E 11.5-Inch 4.5 Amp Electric SharperBlade 2-in-1 Stringless Lawn Trimmer and Edger
|9.2||Buy on Amazon|
Weed Wacker Electric Brush Cutter with 3Types Blades,Weed Eater Cordless Stringless Grass Weed...
|9.8||Buy on Amazon|
Weed Wacker, Electric Weed Wacker Cordless Trimmer, Retractable and Foldable Home Weed Eater Brush...
|9.8||Buy on Amazon|
Weed Eater Battery Brush Cutter with 4Type 10Blades,Weed Wacker Battery Powered with 2Pcs 36TV4Ah...
|9.3||Buy on Amazon|
Best Weed Wacker No String In 2022
1. Worx WG163.9 20V Power Share GT 3.0 12″ String Trimmer & Wheeled Edger
Worx WG163.9 20V Power Share GT 3.0 12" String Trimmer & Wheeled Edger (Tool Only)
- Innovative Command Feed spool system for instant line feeding
- Convert trimmer easily to an edger in seconds
- 90 Degree tilting shaft orients the cutting head for the sloped and hard-to-reach areas
- Adjustable handle for maximum comfort and control. Rubberized twin wheel set supports and guides the edger
- [TOOL ONLY] Add to your collection of WORX equipment & use your current batteries on this unit [INCLUDES] (1) 20V GT 3.0 Trimmer/Edger (1) Trimmer Spool (1) Support Wheels (1) Safety Guard
The WORX cordless 20-volt MAX lithium powered grass trimmer with Command Feed has taken grass trimming and edging to a whole new level of power and function. With the 20-volts of MAX lithium battery power, the WG163.9 provides longer run times and more power. The GT 3.0 now features a command feed button to extend the line as you work.
Feed Button And Continue To Work
No more stopping and starting, bumping or turning it over to extend the line, just press the command feed button and continue to work. The 12-inch cutting diameter means more trimming in less time. Not only will this cordless trimmer convert to an edger in seconds, it has dual-positioned in-line wheels that make edging a breeze. A quick-release trigger lever is convenient for making easy height adjustments to the telescopic shaft for comfort and control.
Cordless Trimmer Convert
The trimmer head turns with a pull and turns to lock and convert to edging. From function to features, the 20-volt Worx trimmer and edger feature 100% single line feed which means no bumping to extend the line. A flower space guard not only helps protect vegetation, it also acts as an edger guide. A front auxiliary handle has 7 locking adjustments for maximum comfort while trimming, edging, or mowing. Weighing in at only 6-pounds, this 20-volt grass trimmer/edger will create a professional-looking yard with less work, less fatigue, and less time. This Is A Bare Tool Only And Does Not Come With The 20v Battery Or Charger. The Wg163.9 Works With Worx 20-volt Batteries.
2. BLACK+DECKER 40V Max Cordless Sweeper & String Trimmer Combo Kit
BLACK+DECKER 40V Max Cordless Sweeper & String Trimmer Combo Kit (LCC340C)
- Low noise design for quiet operation. Up to 130MPH
- Both units offer a 'state of charge' indicator which shows your battery charge level. Products are compatible with our 36 volt lithium Ion system
- LSW40 40 volt max sweeper a wind speed of up to 130 MPH easily clear debris from hard surfaces
- Automatic Feed Spool AFS automatically feeds trimmer line as needed
- LST140 40 volt max string trimmer/edger with power drive high torque transmission for clean, fast cuts
The BLACK+DECKER LCC340C 40V Max lithium string trimmer/sweeper combo kit consists of an LST140 40V Max string trimmer/edger and an LSW40 40V Max sweeper. The string trimmer/edger features a power drive high torque transmission that gives you cutting power at the string, for clean, fast cuts. The automatic feed spool AFS automatically feeds the trimmer line as needed, with no bumping to interrupt your work.
Low Noise Design For Quiet Operation
This unit is convenient and versatile, as it converts from trimmer to edger in seconds. With up to a 130 MPH wind speed, the sweeper makes quick work of debris from hard surfaces. It has a low noise design for quiet operation. Both units offer a ‘state of charge’ indicator which shows your battery charge level. Backed by 2-year limited warranty.
Cordless String Trimmer
Get the power of a cordless string trimmer and sweeper in one convenient kit. The 40-volt max Black+Decker LST140 40-volt max string trimmer/edger with Power Drive high torque transmission for clean, fast cuts; Automatic Feed Spool AFS automatically feeds string as needed. Easily convert the LSW40 40v max to a sweeper as well, with a wind speed of up to 130 MPH easily clear debris from hard surfaces.
3. Greenworks 24V 12″ Cordless String Trimmer / Edger, 2.0Ah Battery and Charger Included
Greenworks 24V 12" Cordless String Trimmer / Edger, 2.0Ah Battery and Charger Included
- Shaft length (inch): 40 inch compatible Greenworks replacement spool, model 29252 and 29092
- 12 inch cut path with .065 single line auto feed for easy line advance
- Electric start eliminates gas hassle, less maintenance and 0 fumes; Handle type: Wrap around
- Power source type: Battery powered
- Pivoting head allows for edging and trimming capability with edging wheel
The Greenworks 24V 12″ Cordless String Trimmer / Edger is designed for easy use, a comfortable job and perfect trimming. The auto-feed head allows for maximum control while trimming and edging and the 4-position pivot head gives you the freedom to reach all your garden areas with ease. Rechargeable 24V Lithium-Ion batteries deliver fade-free power with no memory loss after charging and offer 20% more power than previous models.
String Trimmer Is Engineered
Ideal for the homeowner in need of a compact, versatile and easy-to-use tool, Greenworks 24V cordless string trimmer is engineered with a powerful 24V motor that cuts through thick grass at a 0.065 lines diameter and delivers the power you need with 20% more runtime than the previous model. The 4-position pivoting head allows for maximum control while trimming or edging, or you can convert it to an edger by simply adjusting the tool head.
An Extra Long Ergonomic
The flexible shaft allows you to maneuver around trees and plants while keeping your hands free. Additional features include an auto-feed mechanism that makes string line replacement fast and convenient, an extra-long ergonomic handle for added comfort, an easy access spool reload indicator which alerts you when it’s time to reload more lines, and a battery pack lock button for safe storage when not using the trimmer.
4. BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX* String Trimmer / Edger, 12-Inch (LST300)
BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX* String Trimmer / Edger, 12-Inch (LST300)
- One 20v Lithium battery pack for 33 percent more run time
- ONE BATTERY, ENDLESS USES: Part of the BLACK plus DECKER 20v Max Power connect System for easy battery switching between tools and tasks.
- EASY HANDLING: Lightweight and easy to handle with adjustable height handles
- Patented power drive transmission
- Runtime extension technology for long run time
The BLACK+DECKER 20V Max Power Connect 12 in. String Trimmer/Edger brings the power of your outdoor tools together, with a single set of batteries that can be used with multiple tools. Edging has never been easier with this trimmer and edger combo tool. From trimming to edging, you’ll have a clean cut every time.
Micro-texture Grips On Both Handles
Quickly switch between functions with just one button, perfect for those neat freak moments when you want to keep things tidy. You can also use it as an electric trimmer to curb your lawn care needs so you spend less time working harder than you should—and get more done in the process. The automatic spool feed technology will give you that quick edge for smooth transitions from one project to another. This two-in-one trimmer features premium micro-texture grips on both handles for added comfort and control, so you get the perfect length and cut every time.
PowerDrive Transmission Technology
Patented transmission tech gives you increased torque and more cutting power at the string head.
Work safely and comfortably and find your fit with an adjustable height handle.
5. Greenworks 10 Amp 18-Inch Corded String Trimmer (Attachment Capable)
Greenworks 10 Amp 18-Inch Corded String Trimmer (Attachment Capable), 21142
- Light weight and simple electric start with cord lock feature makes it easy to use
- Quick-connect coupler allows for easy attachment changes and fits various name brands
- Cushion and over-mold grip and handle for operator comfort with auxiliary handle for more control when trimming. Compatible GreenWorks Replacement Spool, Model 29622
- 10Amp motor with straight shaft and .080 dual line bump feed
- Large 18" cutting path helps speed up the trimming process
The Greenworks 10 Amp 18-Inch Corded String Trimmer allows you to use most of your current attachments on a gas trimmer. A bump feed cutting head with 0.80 line offers fast line reloading and can be installed quickly by simply sliding it on the shaft without having to remove the spool cap or feeder parts.
Featuring a straight shaft and wider bump head, this trimmer allows you to trim those hard-to-reach places around the yard. Enjoy quiet operation with an advanced gearbox; the gearbox offers less vibration for less fatigue. This environmentally-friendly electric string trimmer comes fully assembled for quick set-up out of the box, reducing assembly time by up to 25 percent compared to gas models.
Lawn Maintenance Tasks
The GreenWorks 18-Inch 10 Amp Corded String Trimmer (GCST110) offers a .080 dual line bump feed and 18-inch cutting path making it simple to complete your lawn maintenance tasks. This trimmer comes equipped with a straight shaft, which allows for greater balance and comfort when handling the product. The Greenworks 10 Amp 18-Inch Corded String Trimmer is easy to start and operate, so you’ll spend less time getting your lawn ready for the summer months.
6. Greenworks 5.5 Amp 15″ Corded Electric String Trimmer
Greenworks 5.5 Amp 15" Corded Electric String Trimmer
- Lightweight, easy to use design, only 7.05 pounds
- Ideal for small to medium size yards
- 0.065 dual line auto feed with electric start gets you going within seconds, no gas hassle
- 15 inch cut path with pivoting head allows for edging and trimming capability with edging wheel
- Compatible GreenWorks replacement spool, model 29082
The GreenWorks 5.5 Amp 15″ Corded Electric String Trimmer features a convenient auto feeding spool which eliminates the need to stop and wind the spool while trimming. The single line cutting width of 0.065″ is great for precision edging and light trimming around trees and other tight spots. This tool features a powerful 5.5 Amp motor that has enough torque to cut through thick weeds, grasses and small brushes up to 3 inches in height.
Lightweight And Easy To Use
Designed for the homeowner, this 5.5 amp trimmer is lightweight and easy to use. Features a 15-inch cut path with a pivoting head that allows you to easily edge and trim along fence lines, or around flowerbeds and landscaping. The powerful motor features an edging wheel that gets into those hard-to-reach places, letting you get everything in pristine shape before the holiday parties start.
Electric Start Motor
A powerful 5.5 amp electric start motor gets you going easily, even on the toughest jobs. 0.065 dual-line auto-feed with 15 in cutting path makes trimming large areas fast and easy. The patented bump feed system allows you to cut continuously while holding the unit at a constant level, making it easier to control.
7. Sun Joe SB602E 11.5-Inch 4.5 Amp Electric SharperBlade 2-in-1 Stringless Lawn Trimmer and Edger
Sun Joe SB602E 11.5-Inch 4.5 Amp Electric SharperBlade 2-in-1 Stringless Lawn Trimmer and Edger
- Questions, Text 563563 to chat directly with a Sun Joe expert
- 180º ROTATING HEAD: Converts from trimmer to edger ADJUSTABLE: Handle and telescoping pole for control
- CUTTING SWATH: 12.6-Inch. Flower guard protects plants from trimmer contact
- POWERFUL: 4.5-Amp electric motor
- ROTOR: SharperBlade (SB601RB)
Equipped with SharperBlade, a patented, maintenance-free, self-sharpening trimmer blade system, the SB602E cuts a crisp 11.5-Inch swath of grass with each pass! Annihilate unwanted plants and weeds, edge along flower beds — all while keeping your plants safe and protected thanks to the built-in flower guard.
Featuring a telescoping shaft that extends from 8.3″ to 21.6″ you’ll have maximum maneuverability for all of your lawn and garden grass-grooming tasks.
Thanks to the eco-conscious, 4.5-amp electric motor, you can wave goodbye to noxious fumes, gas, and oil changes!
180º Rotating Head
180º rotating head converts from trimmer to edger.
Equipped with SharperBlade, a patented, maintenance-free, self-sharpening trimmer blade system, the SB602E cuts a crisp 11.5-Inch swath of grass with each pass!
8. SnapFresh Cordless String Trimmer – Weed Trimmer/Eater Battery Powered
SnapFresh Cordless String Trimmer - Weed Trimmer/Eater Battery Powered, 12-Inch, 18V Grass Trimmer with 3.0 Battery & Charger, Electric Lawn Trimmer for Weed-Wacking
- Lightweight and Ergonomic Design; This trimmer is in a lightweight and ergonomic design, which can help you control the trimmer maximizes and reduce stress on your arms when using, and ensures you’re able to get the job done efficiently
- Rugged Resin Blade for Multiple Operations; This weed eater battery powered uses a more durable resin blade, not only can trim ordinary lawns, but also easy to trim tough shrub branches
- 3.0Ah Battery for Longer Lasting Time(Battery only for SnapFresh products); This cordless string trimmer is equipped with a 3.0ah lithium-ion battery and a fast charger; It only needs to charge for 1 hour, and you can continue to use the weed trimmer for up to 30 minutes, a 1 time solution for weed wacking of your small garden; You can observe the battery level through the power indicator at any time
- Durable Battery; The cordless string trimmer is in a high-efficiency brushless motor design, which can extend the run time and motor life of the battery than the ordinary electric string trimmer(Battery only for SnapFresh Products)
- SnapFresh Brand Story; SnapFresh is a new generation brand founded in 2018, focusing on making the use of tools easier; All the design, development, and production of SnapFresh are committed to letting everyone use our tools in a simple way; Our brand exclusive battery suits for different types of SnapFresh tools; All our products come with spare parts, which will save your time to buy various spare parts and battery
The SnapFresh Cordless Weed Trimmer is a battery powered trimmer that runs on a 3.0ah lithium-ion battery and a fast charger. It can be used for up to 30 minutes after 1 hour of charging. The power indicator on the weed trimmer shows you the current battery level, so you never have to worry about running out of juice when trimming your lawn.
Trimmer Easily Converts To Edger
SnapFresh weed eater battery operated easily turn into a weed edger in seconds. It feeds the trimmer line automatically and doesn’t require bumping. In addition, there are protective rods to form a mowing protection distance to avoid damage to the fence.
2 Directions Power Safety Lock
The safety lock of weed trimmer can be left or right, whether left-handed or right-handed, can be used comfortably; after pressing the safety lock and the power switch, the string trimmer will start; when released, the machine immediately stops working.
Powerful Resin Blades Convenience Storage
The resin blade of weed trimmer is sharp and capable of cutting weeds effectively; which is tougher than ordinary mowing ropes; not only mow ordinary lawns, but also small shrubs; the replacement blade is cleverly stored in the handle of the fuselage.
Best Weed Wacker No String – Buying Guide
The drive type has a direct impact on the weed wacker’s performance, as one would assume. Performance must also be assessed in terms of the application domain. The most powerful lawn trimmer motors are, for the most part, gasoline engines.
Due to exhausted batteries, cordless stringless trimmers have fluctuating performance, whereas electric weed wackers offer consistent performance. Cutting grass requires less power, whereas thin trees and weeds require more.
Width of Cutting
Cutting widths typically range from 20 to 30 cm. Special devices are granted exceptions on a very uncommon basis. Cutting widths in the 20 cm range are more adjustable, making them excellent for tighter settings.
Large areas, on the other hand, necessitate a little more work. Weed eaters with large edges, on the other hand, work in the opposite direction. They perform better in large regions but not so well in tiny ones.
The lawn trimmer’s speed has a big influence on its specific performance. As a result, it is intrinsically related to the cutting devices that go with it. Threads and knives are two alternatives for this. If you want to use threads instead of knives, keep in mind that the speed requirements are higher.
Without it, cutting is ineffective. Cordless lawn trimmers should be used in conjunction with knives due to the increased energy consumption associated with the increased pace.
Exceptionally flexible telescope settings can vastly increase job quality. The largely comparable size of weed wackers, for example, could cause problems for large or small users. The customizable length options, on the other hand, are useful for a variety of additional reasons.
Another setting that makes sense for lawns on slopes or with various heights is the cutting head adjustment. If multiple angles are possible, slanted grass surfaces can be managed. It may be worthwhile to consider installing a second adjustable handle to increase working comfort.
Weight has a direct impact on how well something functions. Petrol engines, for example, can weigh up to seven kilograms, making them difficult to consider. For long-term employment, weight is very important.
With slightly heavier versions, short and infrequent jobs in the home garden can be accomplished without difficulty. If the handles and even the shoulder strap are comfortable, a large weight can be tolerated. However, lighter versions are generally preferred over heavy models.
The users’ comfort is dependent on the volume. You’re right next to the stringless trimmer, which means you’ll hear the greatest noise. Electric and cordless stringless trimmers are much quieter than gasoline trimmers.
Furthermore, the volume is crucial for the application. Large meadows are not a particularly challenging labor area, despite their inconvenience, especially in small cities with closely spaced gardens.
Strap Over Shoulders
A comfortable lawn trimmer’s carrying strap is a must-have feature. This makes the job much more accessible and allows extremely heavy machines to run continuously. Flexible settings may be useful here as well.
What Are The Different Varieties Of Stringless Trimmers?
Weed Wacker With No Strings
A cable connected to a power source powers electric weed wackers. This has various advantages. Users gain from constant and reliable performance on the one hand.
It is also not need to stop to refill the tank or charge the batteries. Because of the lightness, the operation is also pleasurable. Even after purchase, running on power is rather inexpensive, and it can now be done using green electricity.
There are various disadvantages to using this method. The connecting wire is inconvenient in some situations and restricts mobility. The biggest downside is the cord, which requires a power source.
Electric weed eaters with no string work best in gardens close to homes. Even with large gardens, though, swapping cables and routing them properly becomes challenging. As a result, electric hedge trimmers work best in small gardens with access to electricity.
Stringless Cordless Trimmer
Weed wacker is propelled by batteries. As a result, running the trimmer on green electricity is an option. It’s advantageous since cordless grass trimmers can be used without the need for a plug. This enables use in places far from the house as well as in lawns that have been mowed.
In this case, the rising weight of the batteries is particularly problematic. As a performance approaches its completion, performance can suffer. Unless the batteries can be replaced rapidly, usage is frequently limited in time.
Even in this situation, the first step is to purchase the necessary additional equipment. Overall, cordless lawn trimmers are superior for smaller areas and can be used in sloped areas without the use of cables.
Weed Eater With Gasoline
A third option is a petrol-powered lawn trimmer, which is completely electricity-free. As long as the tank is not empty, these are incredibly durable and work endlessly.
As a result, the petrol weed eater is extremely versatile and self-sufficient. Furthermore, with enough gasoline, the process can be extended. As a result, such trimmers can effectively manage even large lawns.
However, there are some disadvantages to utilizing gasoline. To begin with, continuous operation requires fluctuating but consistent high costs. At the same time, the weight is significant, especially when the tank is nearly full. As a result, a petrol stringless weed wacker is cumbersome, heavy, and difficult to operate.
Another disadvantage is the enormous volume of the engine. Small gardens in urban areas can quickly escalate into neighbor confrontations. Large open regions, on the other hand, are ideal for using petrol trimmers.
Frequently Asking Question
Are Stringless Weed Eaters Any Good?
We found this after a long search for a stringless weed eater. The weed eater itself is excellent; it is not too heavy, is excellent for edging, and has sufficient power to complete the task. The blades are the one major flaw.
Do All Weed Trimmers Use String?
To cut through grass, string trimmers use a monofilament line that is cycled at a high speed. Instead, bladed trimmers employ plastic or metal blades. For cutting around trees and rocks, string trimmers are safer than bladed trimmers.
What Should I Look For In A Weed Wacker?
Choose a weed trimmer that is easy to handle and transport. When selecting optional accessories, keep weight in mind. If you can’t raise the tool, you can’t use the pole pruner attachment. Good equilibrium: Ergonomic variants eliminate the need for constant adjustments to keep the trimmer at the proper angle.
Are Gas Or Electric Weed Eaters Better?
This eliminates the need to repeatedly pull the cable to start your weed wacker. Even better, electric ones are just as easy to turn off as gas units. If your gas model stalls or runs out of gas, you’ll have to restart the entire process.
What Is The Difference Between Weed Wacker And Trimmer?
The manner each of these cutting devices is employed is the major distinction between weed eaters and blade trimmers. To put it another way, weed eaters use a monofilament material line to chop through the grass, whereas blade trimmers use plastic or metal blades.
We hope that by sharing our Weed Wacker No String buying guide, we help you make the right choice before making your purchase. Choosing the best product is not easy, but at least now you have all the information you need to make a smart choice. This has helped us end, after hours of research and testing all the products in the marketplace.