Waist beads have a myriad of uses and have been used by women for centuries. In some African cultures, waist beads have traditionally been considered a symbol of desirability and wealth. Of course, like any jewelry, they’re also beautiful. Making waist beads is easy, and inexpensive. You can create your own waist beads with different kinds of jewelry stringing materials, such as beading wire, cord, ribbon, and more. Selecting one can be quite confusing; you may want to consider its size, weight, and durability.
In this guide, you will learn to choose the right material and size while shopping for the Best waist bead string-making project.
Editor’s Pick-Waist Bead String
Selric [1500 Yards/Coated/No Unravel /21 Colors Available] Heavy Duty Bonded Nylon Threads #69 T70...
|9.3||Buy on Amazon|
Tornito 16Pcs Belly Waist Chain Summer Jewelry Bikini Body Chain for Women African Waist Bead Set...
|9.5||Buy on Amazon|
PH PandaHall 0.5mm Waxed Cord, 116 Yards White Round Waxed Polyester Cord Thread Beading String...
|9.5||Buy on Amazon|
Paxcoo 1mm Elastic Bracelet String Cord Stretch Bead Cord for Jewelry Making and Bracelet Making
|9.6||Buy on Amazon|
31-43in Waist Beads for Weight Stretchy African Waist Beads for Women Belly Beads Chain Plus Size...
|9.8||Buy on Amazon|
Best Waist Bead String In 2022
1. BEADNOVA 1mm Elastic Stretch Polyester Crystal String
BEADNOVA 1mm Elastic Stretch Polyester Crystal String Cord for Jewelry Making Bracelet Beading Thread 60m/roll (Black)
- Length: 60m/ 196ft per roll; Quantity: 1 Roll
- Material: Elastic Thread Polyester Spandex Yarns
- Color: Black
- Usage: Strong Stretch Elastic Beading Thread with superior quality, which are perfect for making bracelets and necklaces, and for using with gemstone beads or glass beads and weaving with seed beads.
- Material: Elastic Thread Polyester Spandex Yarns
Elastic string is a kind of stretchy thread, which is made from high quality elastic thread polyester spandex yarns. Elastic Thread Polyester Spandex Yarns Beadnova Stretchy Elastic String will be helpful for people making their own beaded bracelets, necklaces and anklets. Made of high grade materials, this elastic thread can be used for years; it’s easy to hold and use.
How To Use
Our elastic & stretchy cord is easy to tie knots and to bead with your hands or with the eye needle we provided. You can also bead with two cords to making your jewelry even more durable, yet no difficulties of tying any knots while beading.
Helpful Tips To Make Strong Knots
Tie the knot two to three times, apply beading glue or clear nail polish on the knot, you can use bead to secure and hide the knot.
flat shape, this shape makes beading & jewelry making very easy and convenient
0.7 x 1.0mm (Thickness x Width)/ 0.027 x 0.039 in, this size makes beading & jewelry making without the difficulties of making knots or using with beads have normal hole.
2. 64-Yard NYMO Nylon Beading Thread Size D for Delica Beads
64-Yard NYMO Nylon Beading Thread Size D for Delica Beads, White
- The Package Height: 2.0"H
- The Package Width: 0.25"W
- The Package Length: 2.0"L
- The Country of Origin: United States
NYMO thread is a popular choice for bead weaving with fine threads. This 64 Yard .010 Beading Thread (size D) is pre-waxed, making it easy to use – simply pull from the card and run through your beads! Because NYMO thread is twisted for strength, it knits together tightly and securely. Whether you’re working with Delica beads or large-hole beads, this soft cotton thread offers you a durable way to create stunning beaded jewelry.
Quality And Durability
NYMO NYMO nylon beading thread size D meets the demand of high quality and durability for beaders, and easy to operate on the embroidery machine. The Package Height: 2.0″H The Package Length: 2.0″L
Delina size D bead thread/beading thread, is a high-strength nylon coated round beading needle with a sharp point, to woven through holes in beads and other materials. The package width: 0.25″W . The Country of Origin: United States .
3. Stretch Magic Bead & Jewelry Cord – Strong & Stretchy
Stretch Magic Bead & Jewelry Cord - Strong & Stretchy, Easy to Knot - Clear Color - 0.5mm diameter - 10-meter (32.8 ft) spool - Elastic String for making beaded jewelry
- A SMOOTH FINISH: Free of latex, the elastic like string is easy to knot, creating an easy finish. For best results you may want to knot it a few times and seal it with a dab of super glue. The strength of Stretch Magic allows for a crimp finish if that's what you prefer.
- HIGHEST QUALITY: Stretch Magic is a strong, durable, non-fraying material, with great elasticity and resiliency. Consistent diameter throughout the entire spool. The perfect stretch cord for making jewelry that's easy to wear and remove!
- EASY TO USE: This stretchy cord is perfect bracelet, necklace, beading and other jewelry projects. String with pearls, gemstones, glass beads, crystal, plastic, charms, and other embellishments.
- SPOOL OF CREATIVITY: Made of polyurethane, this clear elastic cord has a 0.5mm diameter and comes on a 10-meter (32.8 feet) spool. This cord can be used for jewelry making, arts projects and other DIY craft applications.
- STRETCH MAGIC BY PEPPERELL: Established in 1917, they began as a factory to produce shoelaces, which led to candle wicking and braided products. In the 1970’s they moved into the craft market by manufacturing and marketing macramé cord, eventually acquiring plastic craft lace. With these strong product lines, they became the leader in design and manufacturer of general and specialized arts and crafts supplies.
PEPPERELL BRAIDING-Available in a variety of popular colors this strong highly stretchable cord is great for jewelry making and beaded craft projects. Easy to work with and knot comfortable to wear three thicknesses for small or large beads. Size: .5mm Bead and Jewelry Cord. Length: 10 meters per package.
Diameter And Available
Stretch Magic is a new, high-quality stretch cord measuring 3 mm (1/8″) in diameter and available in lengths of 20′ and 100′. Stretch Magic is a strong, durable, non-fraying material, with great elasticity and resiliency. Equally suited to be made into chokers, bracelets or anklets Stretch Magic will have you covered from day to long necklaces.
Polyurethane So It Stretches
Stretch, stretch and stretch again. Stretch Magic is made of polyurethane so it stretches a lot but bounces right back to its original shape. This clear elastic cord has a diameter of 0.5mm and is on a 10 meter (32.8 foot) spool, which will be great for jewelry making, arts projects and other DIY craft applications.
4. Nymo Nylon Beading Thread Size D for Delica Beads
Nymo Nylon Beading Thread Size D for Delica Beads, 64 Yards per Bobbin, White, Grey & Black. (Multicolor)
- Quantity: 3 bobbins of NYMO thread, 64 Yards long (58 Meters.) - one bobbin per color
- Size: Size D thread will fit a size 12 beading needle, Thickness: 0.008 Inch 0.203mm
- Thread is pre-waxed for ease of use. Can be knotted tightly and securely.
- NYMO beading thread is twisted for strength
- Color: White, Grey, Black
Nymo thread is strong and durable, perfect for bead weaving and project stringing. The twisted nylon thread is waxed to make it easy to split the threads apart when sewing or knotting, yet the wax quickly wears off while working. In addition, color-coordinated color-coded bobbins make it easy to keep your projects organized. This package contains three size D bobbins (black, white, grey) of prewaxed beading thread on a handy storage ring that can easily attach to your favorite jewelry box. One 64 yard (58 meter) bobbin per color.
Knotted Tightly And Securely
Nymo beading thread is twisted for strength, pre-waxed to reduce the need to wax when using and can be knotted tightly and securely. Nymo thread is also color-fast and will not bleed onto beads, unlike some other beading thread brands.
Beautiful Bead Embroidery
This package contains 3 different colors of NYMO Nylon Beading Thread. This thread is a great addition to your jewelry making supplies, allowing you to make beautiful bead embroidery. These 64 yards long (58 meters) threads are perfect for Delica beads and can be used with other seed beads as well. The individual bobbins ensure that each color remains clean and organized.
5. Dreampartycreation 4MM Faux Pearl Plastic Beads
Dreampartycreation 4MM Faux Pearl Plastic Beads on a String Craft ROLL 24 yds (Metallic Red)
- perfect for decorating Favors, Pew bows, craft projects, etc. Key Product Features
- Beads are fused, cut them to the desired length and the Beads won't fall off the string
- Shades of colors may vary depending on the dye batch Key Product Features
- 4MM equals about 5/32th of an inch. BEADS ARE MADE OF PLASTIC
- 24 YARDS long roll Which equals (72 feet)
Add these crystal clear plastic pearls to your next craft project, or use them as a party decoration. Use it in every room of your house or decorate your Christmas Tree with a strand of these plastic beads. The possibilities are endless.
Pearl Plastic Beads
Looking for that perfect finishing touch to your next celebration? These faux pearl plastic beads will do it! With a luxurious luster and feel, these fake pearls are sure to make any party come alive. Perfect for decorating favors, pew bows and other craft projects too!
White Plastic Beads
Perfect for use with our 4mm gold plated eyepins, this assortment of white plastic beads offers a great selection of shapes and sizes. About 100 pieces per package.
Factors to Consider Before Buying Best Waist Bead String
When it comes to waist beading, the beads should take precedence over the thread, but the string is also crucial. Your waist beads may break if you don’t use the best string. Would you want that to happen? This is why you should choose the Best Waist Bead String. Here are some things to check for if you want to get the greatest one.
The string’s build material is directly accountable for the string’s quality. The waist bead will shatter in a short length of time if the quality is poor. The materials listed below should always be used. TPU, polyester, nylon, and polyurethane These are the four types of materials to think about for your waist beads. Each of these materials has its own merits. Our recommendation is to use nylon or TPU. Look for polyurethane if those aren’t available. Polyester should be the last option.
Whatever you do with your string, it’s always preferable to choose one that can stretch. Strings that do not stretch will not endure the same amount of pressure as strings that do. Look for the words elastic or stretch in the highlighted features or title to see if the string you’re going to order can stretch.
Simple to Cut
This one is quite straightforward. To make knots or do whatever you want with a waist bead, you’ll have to cut the string numerous times. Cutting the string will be difficult if it is too resistant to cuts.
This will effect how you make waist beads. It will save you time and effort if the string is easy to cut, resulting in a good waist bead-making experience.
Another element that directly affects the quality of your waist beads is your age. Yes, the rule of thumb is that the thicker the string, the better the grasp. In other words, the stronger it is, the better.
Make sure the hole in your beads can support the string before getting the thickest string available. You won’t be able to pass the string through if the diameter/thickness is larger than the hole.
This is a personal preference, but we would like to remind you that a colorful string is preferable to translucent, or crystal clear, strings. Waist beads in bold colors like red or yellow look stunning.
Frequently Asked Question
What String Do Africans Use For Waist Beads?
Waistbeads come in strands. All beads are attached to cotton thread and cannot be removed (unless rolled off). Each Waistbead strand measures 46 inches in length.
What Size Thread Is Used For Waist Beads?
Tape measure made of flexible plastic or fabric. 8 Large Chevrons or similar glass trade beads 4 strands of nylbond or equivalent strong beading thread (each roughly 80-100 cm in length)
Should Waist Beads Be Stretchy?
The waist beads are not stretchy. The beads will sit higher on the waist or feel snug if you gain weight. If you lose weight, though, the beads will feel loose and fall further down to your hips. Waist beads, unlike scale numbers, are more in line with body positivity.
What Does It Mean If Your Waist Beads Break?
When the waist beads rise or break, it indicates that you’ve gained weight. Waist beads can take on medicinal, spiritual, and fertility properties when precious stones are added.
What Kind Of Thread Do You Use For Beading?
Silamide Nylon Thread is a versatile nylon thread with a wide spectrum of colors. It’s mostly used for bead weaving. Another nice all-around thread for bead weaving is Nymo Waxed Nylon Thread. It’s waxed gently, threads easily, and resists twisting and knotting.
One thing you will experience when going through the string beads is that these products are not made of the same materials. And this is what makes them different. Some are made of rubber, while others are made of different elasticity.
But they all offer durability, comfort, attractiveness, and more positive features. To be particular with the string beads length, you should consider a product that has at least four meters. This is because waist beads require more than two meters to work effectively.