There are many reasons to take saffron as a dietary supplement. Saffron has been used for thousands of years, dating back to the ancient Persian Empire when it was used as a dye and perfume ingredient. The spice has also been used in traditional healthcare in areas such as India and Greece as a natural remedy for depression, bloating, and pain associated with menstruation.
Our 5 Favorite Saffron Supplement
Best Saffron Supplement In 2023
1. Saffron Supplement – Saffron Extract 88.5mg Capsules
|Recommended Uses For Product||Eye Health|
|Brand||Double Wood Supplements|
|Diet Type||Gluten Free, Vegan|
Saffron Extract is obtained from Saffron Spice (crocus sativus). It is considered to be the worlds most expensive spice due to high labor costs of extract and limited supply. Though it has traditionally been used to flavor food, the safranal extracted from the spice has been studied for its many benefits as a supplement. Studies have shown that Saffron’s effect on Serotonin metabolism can help support healthy weight management.
Saffron Extract also contains a high amount of natural carotenoids that may help support eye health. It may also support the structure and function of retinal cells. Double Wood’s Saffron Extract is Manufactured and Tested in the USA, Non-GMO, Gluten-Free, and Vegan Friendly. It contains 210 capsules and each capsule contains 88.5mg of Saffron Extract. Double Wood’s extract is standardized to a minimum .3% Safranal.
- Healthy Appetite Control; Studies have shown high doses of Saffron Extract (176 5mg) help you support a healthy appetite by reducing the snacking frequency and overall food intake
- Supports Eye Health; Saffron Extract contains high concentrations of carotenoids that support optimal eye health
- Supports Optimal Mood; Multiple studies have shown that 30mg of Saffron daily may support an optimal mood
- Vegan, Non-Gmo, Gluten Free: Double Wood’s Saffron Extract is Vegan, Non-Gmo, and Gluten-Free
- Manufactured and Tested in the USA: Double Wood’s Saffron capsules are manufactured and tested for microbes and heavy metals right here in the USA
2. Saffron Extract Supplements by Mother Nutrient
|Special Ingredients||Saffron Extract|
|Recommended Uses For Product||Heart Health|
|Diet Type||Gluten Free|
Saffron is known as the “sunshine spice”. Light-colored or completely white capsules found in other supplements are a telltale sign that they use low-quality saffron. While many saffron extract capsules use poor quality spices, Mother Nutrient uses nothing but premium saffron. With our superior extraction method, you’ll see that sought-after reddish-orange color in every capsule! At Mother Nutrient, we believe in providing our customers with supplements at a great value.
That is why we give you a huge two hundred ten (210) vegetarian capsules per bottle. This huge amount of capsules equates to a seven (7) month supply! Simply take one (1) saffron extract veggie capsule per day to get an 88.5 mg dose of Crocus Sativus. Enjoy and look forward to taking our, easy-to-take saffron capsules daily! It couldn’t be easier! We produce our saffron supplement capsules using only the best ingredients, which is why we never include unnecessary fillers, artificial colors, or preservatives.
Our capsules also don’t contain gluten, dairy, soy, or egg. Our saffron powder supplements are non-GMO and vegan-friendly! We source and utilize only the finest premium ingredients for our saffron capsule supplements. Our saffron capsules are packaged right here in the USA and are cGMP certified.
- Saffron is known as the “sunshine spice”. Light-colored or completely white capsules found in other supplements are a telltale sign that they use low quality saffron. While many saffron extract capsules use poor quality spices, Mother Nutrient uses nothing but premium saffron. With our superior extraction method, you’ll see that sought after reddish orange color in every capsule!
- At Mother Nutrient, we believe in providing our customers with supplements at a great value. That is why we give you two hundred ten (210) vegetarian capsules per bottle. This huge amount of capsules equates to a seven (7) month supply!
- Simply take one (1) saffron extract veggie capsule per day to get a 88.5 mg dose of Crocus Sativus. Enjoy and look forward to taking our, easy to take saffron capsules daily!
- We produce our saffron supplement capsules using only the best ingredients, which is why we never include unnecessary fillers, artificial colors, or preservatives. Our capsules also don’t contain gluten, dairy, soy, or egg. Our saffron powder supplements are non-GMO and vegan friendly!
- We source and utilize only the finest premium ingredients for our saffron capsule supplements. Our saffron capsules are packaged right here in the USA and are cGMP certified.
3. Saffron Extract Capsules – Premium Saffron Supplements
|Product Benefits||Eye Health Support|
|Material Feature||No Artificial Colors|
|Unit Count||60.00 Count|
For thousands of years, saffron has been used to brighten moods and lift spirits. Now, you can harness its power in ease with Saffron Extract – a 100% organic saffron extract supplement that delivers all the benefits without the fuss. Made from premium saffron and other herbs, it helps your system cope with stress, control cravings, and improve sleep patterns. Don’t miss out on a great deal: order two months’ supply of Saffron Extract capsules now for just $14.99
- Powerful – Saffron Extract is a very effective supplement, great for those looking to improve eye health, boost mood, or help with appetite.
- Trusted Brand – If you’re not completely satisfied with your purchase, we offer a full refund or a replacement product. Simply send us a message and we will make it right.
- Boost Mood – Saffron extract may be useful as a mood booster supplement and can help promote a more positive mood.
- Health Benefits – Saffron extract is used by many to help improve eye health and vision. It may also help support overall metabolic function.
- Made in the USA – Manufactured in a fully certified laboratory. Easy-to-swallow veggie capsules.
4. Niro Nutro Saffron Supplements
Niro Nutro Saffron contains two innovative Saffron technologies. These ingredients create the highest bioavailability of active compound and confer a high degree of protection to body tissues. The combination of these two ingredients is considered a major breakthrough for regulatory authorities, since the vast majority of Saffron on the market does not deliver the stated claims of increased blood flow to all body tissues. This formula provides the benefits of Saffron without disappointment from ineffective or poorly performing ingredients.
- Get the ultimate benefit – Including 60 capsules of Saffron Extract dietary supplement which support a healthy metabolism, boosts your energy and providing a healthy mood!
- Supports long term visual health -New studies show that saffron spice has unique benefits for visual health, especially for age-related macular degeneration and cataracts. Studies demonstrated that saffron can increase blood flow to the retina, protect it from photo-oxidative damage, and help restore and improve visual performance.
- Provides healthy mood – Saffron is nicknamed the “sunshine spice” since its supplements could be used as an aphrodisiac to help boost your energy hence providing a healthy mood all day long!
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed : We are So Confident You Will Love Niro Nutro Made in USA Saffron Supplements. If you are not satisfied with our product, we will make it right by providing a replacement or refund!
5. Aurite Saffron Supplement
|Unit Count||30.00 Count|
30 mg of high-quality saffron extract per capsule, containing standardized 2% safranal, crocin, and picrocrocin. Manufactured in a state-of-the-art facility using some of the industry’s most advanced equipment, using strict quality control standards, and compliant with all current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
With origins dating back to ancient Greece, this spice has long been respected for its ability to help reduce stress, provide herbal mood support, and is potentially beneficial in supporting long-term memory.
Make every day a great day with this one-month supply of saffron.
- Helps Reduce Stress | Provides Herbal Mood Support | Beneficial to Long-Term Memory | Help Calm and Relax | Maintain a relaxed state-of-mind throughout your day | When you’re under occasional stress, saffron can help you relax.
- Vegetarian formula, gluten free, lactose free, soy free, sugar free. Contains no artificial preservatives, artificial flavor, artificial color, yeast, salt, wheat, milk or milk derivatives. Non-GMO.
- 30 mg of high-quality saffron extract per capsule, containing standardized 2% safranal, crocin and picrocrocin.
- Make every day a great day with this 1 month supply of saffron.
- Manufactured in a state-of-the-art facility using some of the industry’s most advanced equipment, using strict quality control standards, and compliant with all current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
6. Nurture Nutri Organics Saffron Extract Capsules
|Brand||Dandy Decor by Ko & Co|
|Unit Count||220.00 Count|
Feel healthy and full of energy with Nutri-Organics Saffron Extract Capsules. Each capsule contains a concentrated form of saffron extract, the stigma of Crocus Sativus L, which provides an amazing amount of nutrients and is used to promote healthy appetite management, mood support, relaxation, helps to reduce stress, and is full of antioxidants that help protect the cells from damage as well as many more amazing benefits. This amazing product comes in a 100 capsule bottle for your convenience. Handle with care when consuming this product because the capsules are breakable.
- Saffron Extract Capsules
- Promotes healthy appetite management, mood support, relaxation, helps to reduce stress and many more.
- At Nurture Nutri Organics, our #1 priority is DELIGHTING our guests
- Nurture Nutri Organics manufactures all products at our registered manufacturing facility
- Ethically sourced by our accredited professionals and curated for our loyal clientele
7. NOW Supplements
Saffron is a well-known culinary herb that has been used for centuries but has only recently been scientifically studied. Recent research indicates that saffron can help to support a positive mood, a relaxed attitude, and may also promote restful sleep.* Other studies suggest that saffron may help to support a balanced immune response and is a powerful free radical neutralizer.* NOW uses only whole saffron stigma powder, not an extract.
- Recent research indicates that saffron can help to support a positive mood, a relaxed attitude, and may also promote restful sleep.*
- NOW uses only whole saffron stigma powder, not an extract.
- Other studies suggest that saffron may help to support a balanced immune response and is a powerful free radical neutralizer.
- GMP Quality Assured: NPA A-rated GMP certification means that every aspect of the NOW manufacturing process has been examined, including our laboratory/testing methods (for stability, potency, and product formulation).
- Packaged in the USA by a family-owned and operated company since 1968.
8. Saffron Supplements
|Product Benefits||Heart Health,Metabolism,Energy|
|Material Feature||Kosher Certified, Vegan|
|Unit Count||60.00 Count|
Saffron is the bright orange-yellow stigma of a specific species of the Crocus flower. This ‘sunshine spice’ is not only prized for its intense flavor and colour, but also for its long list of health benefits. The Saffron flower has been cultivated for over 3000 years, being used in both food and traditional medical systems.
The pure Akhlaaqi saffron extract in this formulation has been carefully grown and harvested under strict conditions, with special attention placed on sustainability to ensure the future of this traditional plant.
- Rich in antioxidants, the ‘Sunshine Spice’ supports dopamine levels in the brain, protects brain cells against oxidative stress & inflammation, which in turn supports memory & learning ability, energy levels and a brighter mood – the perfect supplement to sustain energy levels and a positive outlook throughout the whole day!
- Pure Saffron is known to promote a healthy metabolism. Furthermore, with its anti-inflammatory properties, Pure Saffron can help calm indigestion, cramping, bloating and/or constipation.
- Known for its powerful antioxidant & anti-inflammatory properties, Pure Saffron supports cholesterol levels and blood pressure that can compromise heart health. These rich antioxidants further support a stronger immune system by helping neutralize harmful free radicals – A vibrant little spice that packs a powerful punch!
- With high concentrations of Carotenoids, saffron supports optimal eye health and reduces macular degeneration. Supporting the structure and function of retinal cells by protecting the lens and retina light-sensitive cells from breakdown. Saffron supplementation can help protect the lens and retina from aging, promoting good eye health long-term
- Pure Saffron is the natural alternative. It contains no Magnesium Stearate, caffeine, GMO’s, gluten, dairy, soy, preservatives, artificial colors or flavors. Made with Kosher & Halal ingredients. So you can reap the benefits without any of the Nasties! #1 Practitioner Grade, USA Made, 3rd Party Tested with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
9. Saffron Extract Gummies
|Material Feature||No Artificial Flavors, Vegan|
|Item Weight||30 Milligrams|
|Unit Count||60.00 Count|
The world’s most expensive spice is finally in gummy form! While saffron extract is known as an effective mood enhancer and appetite suppressant, it can be difficult to consume in large amounts – especially when you’re dealing with side effects like nausea or do not like choking down pills.
Flamingo Supplements’ 30 mg Saffron Extract Gummies are a delicious, convenient, and naturally flavored way to improve your mood without resorting to clinical options. With 30 mg of saffron extract in each serving, you can be sure that these easy-to-eat supplements will help with reducing anxiety symptoms and promote a healthy appetite – without side effects! Get your best mood with the power of natural adaptogens!
Saffron and Rhodiola Rosea combined in an apple-flavored gummy make this a tasty way to boost mental clarity, focus, and promote relaxation. GABA provides calming effects for busy nights or stressful days that lead to trouble sleeping. Our gummies are crafted with our signature Lemon Balm Extract – which is known for its soothing effect against headaches, restlessness, anxiety or stress … perfect after a long day at work.
Our Saffron extract gummies are a great way to naturally improve your mood, decrease inflammation and are packed with antioxidants. Flamingo Supplements is dedicated to providing the best tasting gummies on the market with the purest ingredients.
Lemon balm is great for stress relief and anxiety reduction. Not only is lemon balm beneficial to the mind, it has also been shown to be effective at relieving pain with its anti-inflammatory properties.
Rhodiola Rosea Extract
Rhodiola Rosea Extract is great for relieving stress and improving stamina. In traditional Chinese medicine, Rhodiola Rosea has been used to promote longevity. Modern-day research is confirms Rhodiola extracts are an excellent aid in supporting the body during times of stress, fatigue, illness and high mental activity.
GABA is a neurotransmitter that functions in the body to reduce over-excitement. In other words, GABA plays an important role in bringing homeostasis to the nervous system and thus reduces anxiety.
- No need to choke down pills anymore with this saffron supplement! Naturally flavored, delicious apple-flavored saffron gummies have 30 mg of saffron extract in each serving and more convenient than other saffron supplements.
- Saffron supplemented with Rhodiola Rosea, Lemon Balm and GABA synergize to make this a tasty way to boost mental clarity, focus, and promote relaxation.
- Premium ingredients and vegan friendly: They’re made from premium ingredients that include no artificial flavors or colors for an all-natural, vegetable gummy experience!
- Rhodiola Rosea is widely regarded as both powerful medicine historically revered for its ability to enhance mental capacity through improved concentration levels but more recently recognized for its additional therapeutic benefits.
- Flamingo Supplements is a leader in pectin-based gummies since 2014. Known for our delicious formulations, we pride ourselves on delicious, quality gummies.
10. Be Happy Saffron Supplements for Adults
|Special Ingredients||Vitamin B12|
|Recommended Uses For Product||Anxiety Relief , Mood Booster|
|Diet Type||Gluten Free|
Give your mind some sunshine on a cloudy day. Help elevate your mood naturally with your saffron supplements from Naveh Pharma! Known for its mood-elevating properties, saffron assists in promoting positive thinking, increasing your energy, and enhancing your overall wellbeing. Find your happy vibes with your mood support supplement that includes joy-boosting vitamin B6 and vitamin D.
Reap the impressive wellness benefits of your saffron supplement featuring Affron, a proprietary extract of saffron. Compared to other saffron extracts, Affron ensures your supplement is fast-acting and highly bioavailable by optimizing the extraction of key ingredients.
Sometimes it’s tough to be a small child in a huge world. Help your little one navigate growing pains, and encourage a positive
outlook with your mood-elevating saffron brain supplement. From helping release the wiggles to working through emotions, your supplement assists in increasing your child’s sense of wellbeing.
- The Sunshine Spice – Feeling like your mood could use a pick-me-up? Think happier, brighter thoughts thanks to your powerful saffron supplement with vitamin D3 and vitamin B6 from Naveh Pharma!
- From Hazy to Honed – Help your mind go from foggy to focused. Support your concentration, memory, and mental performance with help from brain boosters saffron extract, zinc, and folic acid.
- Soothing Relief – With the pressures of modern life, everyone could use a little help relaxing. Tell anxious thoughts goodbye with your saffron and vitamin D gummies known to calm and relieve stress.
- Sleep Well – Drift off to dreamland every night without trouble. Awaken refreshed and ready to take on the day with your brain health supplement that promotes healthy, calming sleep.
- Yummy Gummies – No matter your age, big pills are unpleasant to swallow. Instead, enjoy your delightfully chewy zinc gummies. With a tasty, tropical-fruit flavor, you’ll never forget to take them!
Features to Look For in a Quality Saffron Supplement
As touched on previously, saffron is currently being cultivated in several countries around the world. However, many people consider saffron from Iran, the Kashmir region of India, Spain and Greece to be some of the best quality.
Most saffron supplements also contain other ingredients for various purposes, so it is worthwhile to read the label to ensure it doesn’t contain anything you don’t want or may be sensitive to. Common additives and fillers in saffron capsule supplements include rice powder, silica, stearic acid and acacia gum. Gummies often have natural or unnatural flavors and sweeteners. Both may also include additional supplements or vitamins for added health benefits.
Amount Per Serving
Not all saffron supplements contain the same amount of saffron per serving. The highest-quality supplements may have as much as 88.5 milligrams per serving, while lesser quality options and those made with more than one herbal or vitamin supplement may have as little as 25 mg.
Like most other supplements, saffron supplements can obtain a variety of certifications to verify their quality or purity. The most common certifications include gluten-free, vegan, non-GMO, good manufacturing practices, and third-party testing.
What to Know Before You Buy a Saffron Supplement
What is saffron?
Saffron is a popular spice often used in the Mediterranean and North African dishes. It is known for its complex flavor that is simultaneously nutty, floral and sweet, and perhaps most notably the vibrant reddish-yellow hue it imparts on the dishes it is cooked with. Unlike many spices that come from the roots or leaves of plants, saffron comes from the flower’s stigma on the Crocus sativus plant.
Saffron has been cultivated for thousands of years, with its earliest recorded history dating back to the 7th century. It is mainly grown in Middle Eastern, South Asian and Mediterranean countries. However, these days it is being cultivated in more and more places around the globe, including New Zealand and Germany.
Health Benefits of Saffron
Like many vibrantly-colored foods and spices, saffron appears to boast a number of health benefits when taken regularly. Saffron is rich in antioxidants, which are believed to play a vital role in reducing inflammation and protecting the cells from damage from free radicals. There is also some evidence to suggest that saffron can help reduce anxiety and depression and boost brain and eye health by improving cognitive function and fighting age-related macular degeneration.
The above benefits may just be the tip of the iceberg too. Some studies show that saffron may potentially help suppress appetite and aid in weight loss, reduce the symptoms of PMS and improve libido.
Types of Saffron Supplements
The majority of saffron supplements come in capsule form, which many may find to be the most convenient since they can be easily transported and stored. That said, you can also find them in gummy and tincture forms if you don’t like swallowing pills.
Frequently Asking Question
1. Are Saffron Supplements Worth It?
In a review of five studies, saffron supplements were significantly more effective than placebos at treating symptoms of mild-to-moderate depression ( 6 ). Other studies found that taking 30 mg of saffron daily was just as effective as Fluoxetine, Imipramine, and Citalopram — conventional treatments for depression.
2. What is Saffron Supplement Good For?
It is also used for sleep problems (insomnia), cancer, “hardening of the arteries” (atherosclerosis), intestinal gas (flatulence), depression, Alzheimer’s disease, fright, shock, spitting up blood (hemoptysis), pain, heartburn, and dry skin. Women use saffron for menstrual cramps and premenstrual syndrome (PMS).
3. What Are The Side Effects of Saffron?
Some common side effects include drowsiness, stomach problems, and nausea or vomiting. Allergic reactions are also possible. Taking large amounts of saffron by mouth is possibly unsafe. High doses of 5 grams or more can cause poisoning.
4. Is Turmeric and Saffron the Same?
Saffron is a spice that comes from the flower of Crocus sativus or saffron crocus while turmeric is a spice that comes from the Curcuma longa plant of the ginger family, which grows in Asia and Southeast Asia. Both these spices are used to add flavour and colour to food.
5. What time of Day Should I take saffron?
The effective dose is 28–30 mg daily. These supplements can be taken at any time of day, with or without food, but some people experience digestive upset when taking herbs on an empty stomach. If a morning cup of java is part of your daily routine, saffron can be taken at the same time.
After reviewing the best saffron weight management supplements available today, our top pick is Life Extension Optimized Saffron Weight Management Supplement. This supplement includes pomegranate seed oil and a unique saffron extract known to help with weight loss and appetite suppression. It does not contain any artificial ingredients and can be taken at any time of day with or without food. Available at a reasonable price, this weight loss supplement is a great addition to any diet plan.