Looking for the best recurve bow string can be very challenging. But, in order to help you make an informed decision about your string purchase, I have compiled some essential information on what material the strings can be made out of and how important it is to choose the correct AMO length for your needs. And, of course, I provide you with our recommended top recurve bowstrings. You’ll find our individual reviews below, but in case you are here for the recommendations only, here we go.
Editor’s Pick-Recurve Bow String
KESHES Dacron Bow String Replacement for Traditional and Recurve Bow - Replacement Bowstring...
|9.3||Buy on Amazon|
THREE ARCHERS Bowstring Replacement for Recurve Bow Dacron B-55 Bow String 14strands AMO 58 for...
|9.7||Buy on Amazon|
Deerseeker Dacron Bow String Set with 2 Nock Points 12/14/16 Strands 48-70 inches for Traditional...
|9.5||Buy on Amazon|
Shatterproof Archery D-97 Recurve Bowstring (Red/Black, 57")
|9.5||Buy on Amazon|
Bowstring Recurve Bow Flemish Twist B-55 All Sizes & Colors (Royal Blue/Silver, 59)
|9.8||Buy on Amazon|
Best Recurve Bow String In 2022
1. KESHES Dacron Bow String Replacement for Traditional and Recurve Bow
KESHES Dacron Bow String Replacement for Traditional and Recurve Bow - Replacement Bowstring 12,14,16 Strands - All Length Sizes from 44-70 Inches
- LENGTH SIZE AND STRANDS AMOUNT - when selecting your desired string length, keep in mind that the AMO" is the length of your BOW. The actual length is 4" shorter than the given Amo". When selecting the amount of strands, keep In mind, the less the strands the smoother the shooting will be, however the more powerful you shoot the more strands your string will need. RECOMMENDATION: Up to 40 lbs, use 12 strands Up to 50 lbs use 14 strands Up to 66 lbs use 16 strands
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - If you are not 100% satisfied with KESHES bow string we will refund you 100% of your order, although we are confident that you will love it. Reach out to us if there's ever anything you need; here at KESHES we are dedicated to your satisfaction.
- GET IT FREE - we are constantly looking, for ways to benefit our customers. When buying a Keshes Dacron string replacement, together with any of our Keshes recurve bow, you will receive one string replacement COMPLETELY FREE OF CHARGE! just enter the promo code "04KESHES" by checkout.
- ENDLESS LOOP TYPE - The ends are already made into loops style, so you can simply insert it in your bow right away.
- B-55 DACRON STRING - is the newest version of Dacron bow strings. The b-55 Dacron string will give you the exact stretch as the b-50, so you will get the same amount of power while shooting. However, in addition to getting the same amount of power, you will also get a less permanent stretch with the b-55 Dacron string, allowing your string to last longer.
KESHES Dacron Bow String Replacement for Traditional, Barebow, and Recurve Bow is the newest version of Dacron bow strings. The b-55 Dacron string will give you the exact stretch as the b-50, so you will get the same amount of power while shooting. However, in addition to getting the same amount of power, you will also get a less permanent stretch with the b-55 Dacron string, allowing your string to last longer.
Replacement For Traditional
KESHES Dacron Bow String Replacement for Traditional and Recurve Bow. This is a high-quality string that will last you many months or even years when installed properly. Keep in mind that the AMO” is the length of your BOW. The actual length is 4″ shorter than the given Amo”. When selecting the number of strands, keep In mind, that the fewer the strands the smoother the shooting will be, however the more powerful you shoot the more strands your string will need.
Traditional Or Compound Bows
KESHES Dacron Bow String is made of durable, high-quality material and will be suitable for all traditional or compound bows. It provides a better fit, improves accuracy, and increases arrow speed. The ends are already made into loops style, so you can simply insert it in your bow right away.
Traditional Style Dacron Strings
The KESHES Dacron bow string is designed for use on all traditional and recurve bows. It has an 18-strand construction that is more durable than other traditional style Dacron strings. KESHES also includes light silencers to dampen noise and protect your bow limb from wear and tear. The bow string comes in multiple sizes including: 21″ 26″ 30″ 35″ 41″ 46″. If you are not 100% satisfied with the KESHES bow string we will refund you 100% of your order, although we are confident that you will love it. Reach out to us if there’s ever anything you need; here at KESHES, we are dedicated to your satisfaction.
2. Archery Recurve Bow Stringer Tool
Archery Recurve Bow Stringer Tool - Limbsaver String tool for Recurve bow Longbow accessories
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - If you are not 100% satisfied with KESHES stringer tool for your recurve bow we will refund you 100% of your order, although we are confident that you will love it. Reach out to us if there's ever anything you need; here at KESHES we are dedicated to your satisfaction.
- ENSURE 100% SAFETY - A Stringer Tool is required to properly and safely string & assemble your takedown recurve bow and prevent damage to the bow or yourself
- SIMPLE-EASY-QUICK - Stringing your Dacron string with your Keshes stringer tool, will have you assemble your string to your bow effortlessly, painlessly and in no time at all! Designed to string and unstring all recurve or traditional bows
- WHAT MAKES KESHES STRINGER TOOL ABOVE THE REST? Keshes stringer tool pulls from tip to tip which makes stringing your bow with less effort exerted, unlike the others who use a limb leverage point.
- Designed for Recurve, Traditional and Long Bows
Stringing your Dacron string with your Keshes stringer tool, will have you assemble your string to your bow effortlessly, painlessly and in no time at all! The rubber cushion is strategically placed to ease the pressure, which enables the user to string their recurve or traditional bows. The ergonomic design also adds comfort while using it.
Properly And Safely Notch
This Archery recurve bow stringer tool helps you string your takedown recurve bow and prevents damage to the bow. The Archery recurve bow stringer tool helps you properly and safely notch your string and assemble your takedown recurve bow, so you can start shooting straight away.
Specifically For Stringing A Recurve Bow
The Keshes Recurve Bow Stringer Tool is designed specifically for stringing a recurve bow. It pulls the string from tip to tip, unlike the others that use a limb leverage point, which makes stringing your bow with less effort exerted. This stringer is made of solid plastic and has small guards on each end to protect you from the bow limbs.
Bow Stringer Tool Is Designed
KESHES Recurve Bow Stringer Tool is designed to make the hard task of stringing your favorite bow string a breeze. The two-piece design means you can use it for both aluminum and carbon fiber string, giving you great versatility when using the bow stringer. It features a comfortable handle grip and an adjustable cam system that allows you to tweak it to your bow of choice. The KESHES Recurve Bow Stringer Tool makes these bows easier to string than ever before, allowing you to spend more time shooting arrows and less time struggling with your bow.
3. Legend – Recurve Bow String | Traditional Bow String
Legend - Recurve Bow String | Traditional Bow String | Dacron Bow String Replacement | Recurve Bow Accessories | Archery Equipment for Recurve Bow | Bowstring AMO 48in to 66in | 12-14-16 Strands
- 🎯 SMOOTHER SHOT - Enjoy the smoother shot from strings built to last. The B-55 bow strings provide the same power as Dacron B-50 strings without stretching as much. That makes it easier to line up your shot and means your strings will last longer. Enjoy our high tech materials for improved abrasion resistance.
- 🎯 QUICK ENDLESS LOOP INSTALL - The end of each loop is braided for added durability and can quickly and easily insert your new strings right onto your bow. When choosing your string length, keep in mind that the AMO length is the length of your BOW. The actual recurve bow string length is 4 inches shorter than the AMO length.
- ✅ CUSTOMIZE - Choose 12, 14 or 16 strands based on your archery goals and needs. Less strands mean a smoother shot and easier aim, while more strands equal more power and longer distance. We recommend: Up to 40 lbs, use 12 strands / Up to 50 lbs use 14 strands / Up to 66 lbs use 16 strands.
- ✅ 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - Here at Propel we care about our customers and giving them top quality archery equipment and accessories. We stand by our products and offer a risk free 100% Money Back Guarantee on all our gear! Join thousands of happy archers...Click Add-to-Cart to Order Today!
- ✅ BREAKTHROUGH MATERIAL - B-55 bowstrings are the industry leading strings trusted by professionals, athletes and hunters who need a great shot every time. B-55 recurve bow strings are easy and safe to install on both recurve and traditional bows that normally can't take modern bowstrings. Get more out of your bow!
The new B-55 recurve bowstring is the latest breakthrough in bowstrings. This string provides superior performance and ease of installation to both the traditional archer and recreational shooter who love to shoot their recurve bows. The B-55’s unique design incorporates a patented self-locking nock loop that has been used by hunters for years so they can re-string their bows faster than any other string on the market.
Smoothest Shot And Longest-lasting Strings
Traditional archers looking for the smoothest shot and longest-lasting strings will love the performance of our B-55 bow strings. Built from high-tech materials, these strings are durable and abrasion-resistant. It’s easy to line up your shot because they stretch less than traditional strings. The nylon core increases string speed for more power and accuracy on every shot.
A bow string is the only thing that connects your arrow to your bow, so it is crucial to choose the right one for your needs. Our Legend – Recurve Bow String is made of traditional materials and comes in either 12, 14 or 16 strands. The number of strands you use depends on your goals and the draw weight of your bow. 12 strands are ideal for those up to 40 lbs, 14 strands are best for those up to 50 lbs, while 16 strands are recommended for those above 66 lbs.
Perfect For Matching Your Bow
The string is available in a wide variety of colors, perfect for matching your bow. The end of each loop is braided for added durability and can quickly and easily insert your new strings right onto your bow. When choosing your string length, keep in mind that the AMO length is the length of your BOW. The actual recurve bow string length is 4 inches shorter than the AMO length.
4. Southland Archery Supply B-55 Dacron Replacement Traditional Recurve Bow String
Southland Archery Supply SAS B-55 Dacron Replacement Traditional Recurve Bow String - Made in USA (AMO 62 in (Actual 58 in), 12 Strands (Bows Upto 40 lbs))
- End Type: Endless Loop Type; which fits Most Traditional bows, Recurve Bows, and takedown bows, including SAS Bows, Samick Sage Bows, PSE heritage bows, Bear Archery Traditional Bows and etc...
- Length: A.M.O. (Archery Manufacturer's Organization) Length; AMO is 4" Longer than Actual Length of Bow String; if you are not sure about your bow string length, please contact your bow manufacture.
- Proudly Made in USA
- Material: Premium Quality stretch loop bow-55 Dacron String; more durable and lasts longer with less permanent stretch
- 12 Strands to 16 Strands: Less strands for smoother shooting and more strands for more draw weight bows
This premium quality traditional recurve bow string is made from 55 Dacron with a stretch loop at each end. It has been treated with a special lubricant to reduce permanent stretching and increase durability. The B-55 traditional replacement bowstring will fit all traditional recurve bows having peeps located at 24″, 27″ or 30″ in length.
Replacement Traditional Recurve Bow String
The Southland Archery Supply B-55 Dacron Replacement Traditional Recurve Bow String is made of high-quality dacron and has a color fade that makes it stand out from the crowd. It features a durable metal shooter loop, which makes it easy to install or remove.
This traditional recurve bowstring is approved by the AMO (Archery Manufacturer’s Organization) and is 4″ longer than the advertised length. It comes in various available colors and has been constructed for both beginners and experienced archers so anyone can enjoy shooting their bow.
Traditional Recurve Bow String
The Southland Archery Supply B-55 Dacron Replacement Traditional Recurve Bow String is a full-length replacement string for your traditional recurve bow. This bowstring is made with 12 strands to 16 strands, depending on your draw weight. There are also options for lengths between 40 and 60 inches.
5. Deerseeker Dacron Bow String Set
Deerseeker Dacron Bow String Set with 2 Nock Points 12/14/16 Strands 48-70 inches for Traditional Longbow Recurve Bow Replacement Bowstring
- 2 ARCHERY Brass Nocks INCLUDED-- Perfect parter of the bowstring, the brass nocks could help archers get the right position where the arrow nocks should be, it’s useful and easy to install, guide the arrow in the right direction for consistent flight, and protects the bowstring from damaging or wearing
- DACRON B-55 ORIGINAL MATERIAL-- The latest and special ordered for Recurve bow,Longbows and Traditional bows. When archers start to pull the string and shoot the arrow, Dacron bowstring could well Absorb the vibration from the bows, and give it a quicker shot. Being wrapped with an AVERAGE thickness of threads is great to fasten the arrow nocks at the centre serving place. WATERPROOF and DUSTPROOF-- Applied with string Wax could well protect the bow strings, and prolong the life.
- 100% RELIABLE GUARANTEE-- DEERSEEKER provide Top-quality customer servie, any quality problems we'll take full responsibility and do free guarantee when you have any quality issues.
- Endless Loop Type-- Comprised of 3 parts(String Loop+Under Loop Sering place+Centre Serving Place); if your bow is recurve bow, then Bigger Loop is for Upper Limb, and Smaller Loop is for Lower Limb.AMO" is the length of your BOW, and the actual length is 4" shorter than the given AMO".
- STRING LENGTH AND STRANDS --AMO length is the standard of archery manufacture organization and it's the length of your bow. For the longbow, the real length is 3" shorter than the given AMO length, and for the recurve bow, it's 4" shorter. If the draw weights of your bow over 40 pounds, we recommend 14 and 16 strands, and 12 strands bowstring is for beginner bows or light draw weight bows.
The Dacron bow string set is manufactured from 100% Skived Dacron Yarn. The Dacron string offers best value for money as it does not dry out and deteriorate as quickly as some other materials. The ply and twist construction allows for high performance in both warm, dry conditions and wet weather conditions where a lower twist count is required. An average of 4 strands are used for strength and a water-resistant finish is applied to aid longevity.
Set Is A Perfect Partner
The brass nocks of the Deerseeker Dacron Bow String Set is a perfect partner of the bowstring, it helps archers get the right position where their arrow nocks should be, it can also guide the arrow in the right direction for consistent flight. And it could protect your bowstring from damage or wear.
Deer seeker Dacron Bow String Set is an ideal replacement for your old or broken bow strings, which can offer you the same performance as original strings. Specially engineered, it helps you gain greater shooting distance and accuracy. This high-quality string is made from the highest grades of Dacron material and is designed to fit both modern compound bows and traditional longbows.
Comprised of 3 parts(String Loop+Under Loop Sering place+Centre Serving Place); if your bow is a recurved bow, then Bigger Loop is for Upper Limb, and Smaller Loop is for Lower Limb.AMO” is the length of your BOW, and the actual length is 4″ shorter than the given AMO”.
6. longbow maker 45-68 Inches Handmade Custom Bow String
longbowmaker 53 Inches Handmade Custom Bow String for Recurve Longbow Horsebow
- String Length:53 inches
- Notes : If you want to custom other length bow string please contact us .
- Brand : Longbowmaker
- Material: Dacron
- End Type: The ends are already made into loops style, so you can simply insert it in your bow right away.
Taking your bow to the next level, you can use our handmade custom bowstring to elevate it. It comes in various lengths and materials that you can choose from. Featuring a strong locking nocking point, this bowstring is durable and strong that is perfect for your recurve or longbow.
Flexible Buffalo Rawhide
Custom hand-made longbow string, 45-68 Inches (114-173 cm), made of strong yet flexible buffalo rawhide. The ends are already made into loops style, so you can simply insert it into your bow right away. Your hands will not slip off while releasing the arrow anymore!
Customize The Length
The standard length for recurve bowstring is 68″. We can customize the length according to your request. If you have an idea about what kind of bowstring you want, please contact us and tell us your plan.
The longbowmaker 45-68 Inches Handmade Custom Bow String is a handmade replacement bowstring for recurve bow, longbow, and flatbow. This string has been constructed from quality Dacron material which is custom-tailored to your requirements.
7. longbowmaker B-55 Dacron Bow String 44-66 Inchens Replacement Bowstring
longbowmaker B-55 Dacron Bow String Replacement 52 in Replacement Bowstring for Traditional and Recurve Bow DS12-52
- 【B-55 DACRON STRING】 - the B-55 string is pre-fed with wax, which makes convenient winding. Good abrasion resistance, all strong bows are universal, even some old bows can be used well because of the exact stretch. It can better protect the bow tip.
- 【GREAT ARCHERY ACCESSORIES】 -Handmade bow string for recurve bow,traditional bow, and because of the exact stretch （B-55 material is the newest version of Dacron bow strings）, can be used also for old bow. Which gives you a good shooting experience, keeps the shooting steady and accurately.
- 【AMO LENGTH & ACTUAL LENGTH】 - when selecting your desired string length, keep in mind that the AMO" is the length of your BOW. Actual length is the length of the BOWSTRING. If you shoot a recurve bow, the string length is usually 4 inches shorter than the bow length. If you shoot a longbow, the string length is usually 3 inches shorter than the bow length. If you still can't select, you're welcome to contact us, we can help to confirm.
- 【STRANDS AMOUNT】 - Choose 12, 14 or 16 strands based on your archery goals and needs. Less strands mean a smoother shot and easier aim, while more strands equal more power and longer distance. We recommend: Up to 40 lbs, use 12 strands / Up to 50 lbs use 14 strands / Up to 66 lbs use 16 strands.
- 【QUICK ENDLESS LOOP INSTALL】 - Small loops, the end of bowstring,1.7 inches on one end and 1.3 inches on the other. The ends are already made into loops style , you can quickly and easily insert the new bowstrings right onto your bow.
The B-55 Dacron Bow String 44-66 Inchens Replacement Bowstring is a great replacement for your old, worn-out bow strings. This string is pre-filled with wax, which makes it convenient to wind and store. The bow string has excellent abrasion resistance, so it can better protect the bow tip. You can use this high quality string on many different bows, even some old ones that have been used for a long time.
Bow Towards To Tip
The length of the longbowstring AMO will be measured from the pocket in the bow towards to tip and back. The bowstring’s actual length is longer than the AMO and will be an inch shorter than your bow’s actual length.
Special Extras Like Whiskers
To determine the proper length for your longbow, measure from the front tip of your bow, not including any arrow rest and not adding any special extras like whiskers or other custom things (It should just be barebow). Then add 1/2″ to this measurement for appropriate arrow clearance. Use that number as a starting point for determining what size string you need.
Bow String Is A Replacement
This Dacron Bow String is a replacement for the high-performance B-55 Hunter Longbow Kit from longbowmaker. Realize your archery dreams with a perfectly strung bow made from quality materials. Choose between 12, 14, and 16 strands of Dacron fiber rope based on the needs and goals of your setup. The more strands you choose for your bow string, the more power, and distance you’ll get out of it.
Tightly Braided Polyester
A must-have for all longbow archers! The B-55 Dacron Bow String is a high-quality bow string made from tough, tightly braided polyester with a diameter of 0.019 inches. This bow string has small loops at each end and easily makes replacement quick and easy.
8. Flemish – Fast Flight Plus – Replacement RECURVE Bowstring – Bow String – Actual String Length
Flemish - Fast Flight Plus - Replacement RECURVE Bowstring - Bow String - Actual String Length - by Traditional Gear Archery Products (Multiple Sizes) (58")
- Fast Flight Plus - For Bows Up To 70 lbs. Draw MADE IN USA
- LENGTH IS THE ACTUAL STRING LENGTH IN INCHES * NOT AMO LENGTH *
- Premium Quality Flemish Braided Replacement Bowstring - FOR USE ON BOWS RATED FOR LOW STRETCH BOW STRING MATERIAL ** SEE ITEM DESCRIPTION **
- 3 Bundle Construction - 18 Strand
- The Ultimate High Performance Traditional Bowstring !
This Premium Quality Flemish Braided Replacement Bowstring is made from a high-density polyethylene material and is ideal for use on bows rated for low stretch bow string material. The end loops are pre-installed, the string has immediate use, and there is no wait time to stretch it. It comes in black color and measures actual string length at 48″ for an overall bow length of 56″ when assembled.
Actual String Length
Actual string length, not AMO length. The actual string length is all that matters when replacing a bowstring because it determines how much tension is applied to the limbs and how far from the center your arrow impacts in relation to the rest of your sight pin.
String Delivers High-end Durability
Form meets function as this performance string delivers high-end durability in a lightweight design using advanced carbon fiber technologies.-20% faster arrow speed on average compared to other strings -High stability, even under extreme temperatures -Long life cycle: no stretching or snapping-Preloaded with Dynaflight II camo serving, serving a single twist as a maximum angle in standard bows and two twists for compound bows-Preloaded with polyester serving for more consistent string performance.
The Fast Flight Replacement Recurve Bowstring is the ultimate high-performance traditional bowstring. Constructed with a 3 bundle construction and 18 strands which provide consistent remaining tension throughout its life.
This string has been engineered for optimum performance for all popular recurve bows that offer a 70 lb. draw or less, including those offered by Bear Archery, Diamond Archery, Hoyt, PSE, Samick, and Win & Win to name a few. The Fast Flight Plus Bowstring is easily installed on any bow with standard threads using an archery arrow fitting and it will positively eliminate the setup time of the bow in comparison to using the factory strings.
9. EOUS Amo 60 62 Recurve Bow String Replacement Actual 56 58 inch
EOUS Amo 62 Recurve Bow String Replacement Actual 58 inch - 14 Strands B50 Dacron, Bowstring with Finger Savers
- End Type: Well Served Endless Loop Type
- 14 strands replacement Bowstring for longbow horsebow recurve and traditional bow
- Package Including: 1 pc Bow String and 1 set Finger Saver
- Material: Durable B-50 Dacron.Color: black
- Length: 62" AMO Length (4" Longer than Actual Length of Bow String). Please note: AMO is the length of your Bow. Less Strands more smoother shooting, more Strands more powerful shooting.
The EOUS Amo bowstring will bring new life to your old longbow. Your longbow has seen many years of hard use and combat, but it’s still in one piece. It would be a shame not to repair it and let it out of its cage again! This 12 Strand replacement bowstring is easy to install and will help you shoot as good as new.
Proper And Safe Bow Maintenance
Replacing your bow string is a very important part of proper and safe bow maintenance. EOUS Amo 60 62 Recurve Bow String Replacement Actual 56 58 inches are made with B-50 Dacron material which means that it is fully capable of handling your toughest hunting and shooting situations. These strings have a black color and have an AMO length which is 4 inches longer than the actual length of your bow string.
Use A Well-served Endless
The new EOUS Amo 60 62 Recurve Bow String is the replacement for bows that use a well-served endless loop type string. With an actual measurement of 56 inches, this string is made from high-quality polyester material and designed to fit most recurve bows. Each package comes with 1 bow string and 1 set of Finger Savers.
10. Southland Archery Supply SAS Flemish Fast Flight Replacement Traditional Recurve Longbow Bowstring
Southland Archery Supply SAS Flemish Fast Flight Replacement Traditional Recurve Longbow Bowstring 16 Strands - Made in USA (AMO 62 in (Actual 58 in))
- Color: Black/Brown
- Material: Premium Quality 16 Strand Fast Flight Replacement Bowstring
- Made in USA
- Length: AMO Length (Actual Length is 3-4" Shorter than AMO)
- End Type: Flemish Type
The Southland Archery Supply Flemish Fast Flight Replacement Traditional Recurve Longbow Bowstring is designed to fit most traditional recurve longbows. It is made of premium quality 16 strand fast flight material for optimum performance and flexibility. Sold as a 3-pack, this bowstring is available in a variety of colors so that you can easily customize your bow for any occasion.
Flight Traditional Recurve Longbow
The Sunland Archery Supply SAS Flemish Fast Flight Traditional Recurve Longbow Bowstring is a high-quality traditional bow string from Sunland Archery Supply. This bow string is made from high-quality Dacron material with heavy-duty UV resistance that will last for years to come. Manufactured by the same high standard as SAS Strings, but without the hype.
Flemish Style Recurve Bow
The Southland Archery Supply SAS Flemish Fast Flight Replacement Traditional Recurve Longbow Bowstring is made of 100% polyester material and stringable serving segment. It also has a traditional end type with a loop serving. This bowstring is compatible with all SAS Flemish style recurve bows including their own model of recurve longbows.
Consider To The Best Recurve Bow String Before Buying
Know the difference between the strings of the compound and recurve arrows (or crossbows). There are many synthetic materials used in compound bowstrings. Other materials, like Kevlar, can also be used to make recurve bowstrings, which are incredibly durable and can withstand pressure for long periods of time.
The amount of strands in your bow string determines its strength, weight, and durability. More strands and tough material can be used to create a stronger and more elastic string, which is beneficial for target practice and game hunting in a variety of environments.
The Archery Manufacturers and Merchants Organization (AMO) has established guidelines about the various lengths that bows should be available in.
When calculating the string length for recurve bows, deduct four inches from the AMO length. When calculating the string length for longbows, deduct three inches. Compound bow string lengths can be determined on the limb sticker of your bow. This applies to both traditional and modern bows.
How Many Strands Should I Choose?
Take into account your bow’s drawing power before selecting how many strings it should have. String material and draw weight dictate the number of strands in your bowstring. Using a B50 Dacron string as an example,
In most cases, the draw weight of your recurve bow is less than 30 pounds, making a 10-strand bowstring necessary.
For recurve bows with draw weights up to 40 pounds, a 12-strand B50 Dacron string will do. Beginners, ardent hunters, and competitive target shooters all favor this strand size.
For bows with draw weights greater than 40 pounds, a 14-strand B50 Dacron string will do. This bowstring has a shorter overall reach, but it is more constant and acts as a dampener when shooting.
Can You Make Your Own Bow String?
To put it simply, yes. Making your own bowstrings is something you can surely do. It’s not difficult if you follow the instructions exactly, but you will need to buy some tools to make the string.
You will need a bowstring jig and a string serving jig to make your own bowstrings. Most professional shops and dealers carry these items. You can even create your own bowstring jig if you’re adventurous enough.
In addition to the jigs, you’ll need a bowstring and serving material. The material of your recurve bow’s bowstrings must be compatible with your choice of material.
Frequently Asked Question
How Do You Pick A Recurve Bow String?
To find out how far apart the string grooves are, use a tape measure. Once you have the length of the bow, you can determine the length of your bowstring. Typically, the bowstring is 4 inches shorter than the bow’s overall length when shooting with a recurve bow. Longbow shooting necessitates a shorter bowstring of around three inches.
What Is The Best Material For A Recurve Bow?
It’s a tie between Maple and Hickory when it comes to the greatest recurve-making wood. In addition to their affordability, these wood species offer the ideal combination of durability and flexibility for recurve bows.
What Are Fast Flight Bow Strings?
The substance used to make the bowstrings The bowstring material Fast Flight is known for its superior performance. There are many improvements to the original Fast Flight. Without the need for as much stretching.
Should You Wax Bow String Serving?
The wax will be visible down the length of the strands if the wax is rubbed up and down the string. No wax should be used on the serving. It will unravel more quickly, but it will also be more slippery.
When Should I Replace My Bow Strings?
After three years of adequate care, bowstrings should be replaced. A broken or frayed bowstring should be replaced as soon as possible. Seek the assistance of an archery shop if you’re unsure if you should update your bowstring.
The bottom line is, a combination of horse hair and polyester is the best all-around string material for compound bows today. It is simple to learn to string a bow correctly with these materials. You should have at least two strings on standby so you can change them out very easily in the field if need be. Good luck and good shooting!