Creating a Cricut or more simply put, crafting is undeniably a fun and exciting past-time activity. As a crafter, you, however, need the perfect tools to get the most fun out of the entire experience. You’ve come to the right place if you are looking for the best printer to use with Cricut for your next crafting project.
Purchasing a Cricut compatible printer goes a long way towards effortlessly completing your future projects.
Here is further insight into the best printer for Cricut maker projects in today’s market.
Best Printer for Cricut Maker Buying Guide
Depending on your budget and needs, the price of the best printer for Cricut maker projects becomes an important factor. You can opt to go for a simple model that offers the basic features thus saving on funds. Alternatively, save up your money to purchase the pricier and fancier machines. Most of them come with extra features making them a worthy investment.
The machine software comes pre-installed for the best printer for Cricut maker projects machines. It allows you to design and create projects that the machine makes. Great software allows access to a generous library stocked with pre-made graphics, fonts, and images to get you started. You could also upload your own designs and images later as you get used to the process. Coupled with how fairly intuitive the software is; you could get the hang of things in no time. Lastly, make sure the software works in harmony with your computer before purchase. However, this should not be of much worry as most software is compatible with most computers.
The aspect of lesser power consumption is important as we aim for a greener environment. It additionally saves on energy resulting in less costly power bills. As a bonus, a printer machine that automatically switches off when not in use sounds perfect in saving more power.
Type of Paper to Use
A Cricut makes uses many types of paper in crafting. This adds to the originality and diversity of any decorations made through the machine. Therefore, your printer should be able to handle more than one type of paper, otherwise, it won’t be worth it. Each printing paper has a unique design and characteristic. This contributes directly to the crafts made and missing out on this is not an option. Thus, get an all-in-one printer that can handle all your Cricut project needs.
What Cricut Maker Can Do?
A Cricut Maker is great for home crafting and exploring all fun hobbies of making things. Thus, buying one allows you to smoothly work on your projects. Here are some ingenious items that you can craft using a Cricut Maker.
Who doesn’t like cutting vinyl decals and stickers? Of course no one. This you can easily do with a Cricut Maker. It easily slices through any vinyl quickly. All you have to do is make your design in the Cricut Design Space. Then instruct the machine to begin cutting. It will weed out any unnecessary part, transferring your design to the vinyl surface.
A Cricut Maker comes equipped with a new rotary blade. Due to its unique rolling and gliding action along with massive downward force, a Cricut Maker can cut through virtually any fabric. That means denim, silk, heavy canvas or chiffon doesn’t stand a chance against this machine. It tackles all the heavy fabric. Forget about using a special fabric cutter as the Maker is an all-in-one machine. It also comes equipped with a fabric cutting mat where you can conveniently place your fabric during cutting.
A Cricut Cutter may come equipped with a massive sewing pattern library. All you do is simply select the pattern you want and the Cricut will make a cut-out. No more making manual patterns all by yourself. That means no more human error mistakes. A washable fabric pen may also be an add-on tool to the machine. This you can use to indicate where the pattern pieces should fit together.
Balsa Wood Cuts
The Cricut Maker is known for cutting through materials up to 2.5 mm thick. This is made possible by utilizing an astonishing 4kg force and a sharp knife blade. Not only does this increase the possibility of materials cutting, but also the crafting ideas possible. Why not try it on balsa wood? You will be surprised by the results.
Our Favorite Printer for Cricut Maker Projects
Top 10 Best Printer for Cricut Print and Cut Projects
1. Best Overall- Canon PIXMA TR4520
Canon PIXMA TR4520 is our first recommendation in the world of best printer for Cricut maker projects because of its low price and high-performance tags.
Canon is a renowned brand in the world of printer makers. It is thus no surprise that they came up with the PIXMA TR4520 as the ideal tool for crafting. This multipurpose device can copy, scan, print and fax in a matter of motion making it an all-in-one photo printer.
In addition, it comes with ADF compatibility which means it can automatically pick up multiple paper sheets and feed them one page at a time into the device. Moreover, the duplexing feature is perfect when it comes to printing double sided docs such as business cards and IDs. Being one of the smallest options from Canon, it makes it a splendid tool for both office and home use.
- Wireless Connectivity: By having the Canon Print app and wireless connectivity, you can easily link your smartphone to your printer. This allows you to set up your printing instructions at the convenience of your smart device.
- Easy to Use: Canon went out of its way to provide features like Air Print, built-in ADF, auto power on and off and Mopria Print Service. These features contribute towards making the entire user experience a splendid one.
- Cost Saving: With the PIXMA TR4520, you stand to save up to 10% on all ink reorders through Dash Replenishment. Once you activate your printer, it keeps track of your ink level and places smart reorders when it diminishes. You are not needed to pay any subscription fee and can cancel orders at any time.
- It ensures high quality and detailed printouts.
- Its wireless connectivity is extremely convenient.
- It has a sleek and modern touch.
- It has costly ink cartridges.
Read Full Review: Canon PIXMA TR4520 Review
2. Best Cricut Printers- The HP Envy 5055
The HP envy 5055 is on the low end of HP’s envy line of inkjets & craft printer. It was built with all-in-one printer features after considering both the needs of home offices and families. The printer uniquely offers instant ink that makes it ideal for printing hundreds of pictures measuring 8.5 by 11 inches. In addition, it prints respectable graphics and legible texts. This is acceptable for any family, student, or business output.
- Ink Subscription: By subscribing to the optional Instant ink package, you stand to get your first 2 months of ink free of charge. Afterward, you will only be needed to pay a mere 0.99 dollar monthly fee which includes both the shipping and recycling cost.
- Extensive Range of Paper Size Support: This all-in-one printer works on paper sizes that measure 4 by 6, 5 by 7, 8 by 10 and size 10 envelopes.
- In-Built Smart Software Bundle: The HP Envy 5055 comes with 2 unique software apps. These are namely HP Smart App and HP Photo Creations. The HP Photo Creations is a lightweight photo editor that comes with a collection of templates. The templates greeting cards, calendars, and photo-book layouts. Meanwhile, the HP Smart App creates a link between smart devices and printers.
- Has a reasonable initial buying price.
- Instant ink ensures low running costs.
- It has an overall solid print quality.
- It lacks ADF.
- Its cost per page without Instant Ink is relatively high.
- Its wasteful 2-cartridge design hoards all 4 inks.
Read Full Review: HP Envy 5055 Review
3. The Epson Eco Tank ET-2720
The Epson Eco Tank ET-2720 is without a doubt the lightest, most compact, and cost-effective bulk ink model printer for Cricut print and cut. Though its print speed may not be worth ranting about, it makes up for it by churning out high-quality prints. By weighing a paltry 13 pounds and measuring 7 by 14.8 by 13.7, it is just the right size to carry about during outdoor working days. In addition, despite being a budget option, it has an amazing duty cycle of 3,000 prints.
- Cost Saving: It comes with low-cost replacement ink bottles and 4 ink cartridges that are easy to refill. This allows you to save up to 90% on ink alone.
- Compatibility: The all-in=one bulk ink model is compatible with an array of operating systems. A few of them include Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7 and Mac OS X 10.6, 10.12×10. This applies to both 32 bit and 64-bit versions.
- Convenience: The device comes packed with enough ink to print 4,500 pages in black as well as 7,500 pages in color.
- Low initial purchasing cost.
- It is compact and lightweight enough to move about with.
- It churns excellent quality prints.
- It does not have a remarkably quick printing rate.
Read Full Review: Epson EcoTank ET-2720 Review
4. The HP Office Jet Pro 8035
If you are seeking to upgrade your office printer, then you can’t go wrong by choosing the HP Office Jet Pro 8035. This newer and sleeker version of the HP Office Jet Pro 6978 is able to print at a rate of 20 pages per minute. In addition, it comes with scan-to USB and fax capabilities despite being 14% smaller. Moreover, it comes with 8 months-worth of ink. This is usually in the form of a code that allows you to redeem the ink.
- Quick Organization: This top-notch cricut maker by HP enables you to organize your documents up to 50% faster. By using Smart Tasks to sync with your Google Drive or Quick Books, you benefit from avoiding repetitive tasks. The app further allows you to digitize your receipts making them more organized and accessible.
- Top-Notch Security: HP prides itself on ensuring its products protect its client’s privacy. The printer is equipped with built-in encryption, Wi-Fi security, document safety and password protection. This ensures proper multi-layered security to your digital information.
- Remote Accessibility: Using the HP smart app, you can easily gain access to your printer and scanner. This further allows you to monitor ink levels and plan. In addition, you can scan, print, and copy craft projects on the go by simply clicking on your smart device.
- It has a 1-year limited hardware warranty.
- It has a sustainable design since it is made from recycled plastic.
- The HP smart app improves the entire user experience.
- It is complicated to use by the less tech-savvy.
Read Full Review: HP OfficeJet Pro 8035 Review
5. Best Inkjet Printer for Cricut- Canon PIXMA MG3620
The Canon PIXMA MG3620 is the best inkjet printer for Cricut to use at home. Despite offering an initially amazing cost per unit it ends up being quite costly in the end. This is owing to its 2 cartridge system that drives up the cost in the long run. The device is perfect for family photo scrapbooking. Though its flatbed scanner may be deficient when it comes to scanning a lot of documents, there is a little worry when copying or scanning older parchments. In addition, it has an excellent cost-to-print ratio for black ink. This allows the user to occasionally print text documents. Moreover, the cost-to-print ratio for colored ink is even more encouraging as you can obtain high-yield cartridges when you require more ink.
- Compactness: By measuring 6.1 by 17.7 by 12.1 inches, and weighing 11.7 pounds, the device is fairly compact. This means it does not take up a lot of space on your desk making it the ideal printer for small offices.
- Adjustable Scanner: Though the printer’s software limits the maximum resolution to 600 DPI, it is adjustable. You can raise the DPI within Canon’s software to achieve a higher resolution. However, if the document you are scanning exceeds 100 MB you will have to switch off the thumbnail preview model to attain 1200 DPI.
- Amazing Printing Quality: This nifty printer has an amazing picture printing quality. This is despite the colors being slightly over-saturated and the grayscale banding together. The printing results are often based on the actual physical quality of the original photo.
- It has a great cost per unit.
- XL and XXL ink cartridge options.
- Prints excellent quality photos.
- It has fewer connectivity issues.
- It has a slow color document printing speed.
Read Full Review: Canon PIXMA MG3620 Review
6. HP DeskJet 3755 Compact All-in-One Wireless Printer
The HP DeskJet 3755 Compact All-in-One Wireless Printer is one of the most affordable pieces for art printing. Also, this is one of the smallest printers in the world with all-in-one features. Let’s have a look at the key features of this art print below.
The most attractive feature of HP DeskJet 3755 is that you can use it as a scanner. Moreover. It can be an alternative to a photocopy machine. Also, you can connect this printer with Bluetooth for instant printing from the mobile phone.
If you are searching for a professional art printer, then HP DeskJet 3755 is the right choice. Furthermore, this is the best art printer for using less ink to print high-quality photos.
Including offset papers, this printer can print different sizes of photo papers. Legal and letter-sized paper support this DeskJet printer with a 10-number envelope too. You can easily print 3×5, 4×6, and 8×10 size photo paper with this printer.
This printer is suitable for desktops, laptops, and mobile phones. You can connect this with a cable and Bluetooth device to print instantly. The setup process of the printer is as simple as other computer devices and software.
- Small size with lightweight
- Wireless printing function
- An alternative to a photocopy machine
- Can scan
- Never run out during printing
- LCD screen for display
- Availability of ink replacement
- 1-year hardware warranty
- Can not print large size paper
- Little slower to print
Read Full Review: HP DeskJet 3755 Review
7. HP ENVY Photo 7855 All in One Photo Printer
If you want to print a high-quality photo, then HP ENVY Photo 7855 All in One Photo Printer is the ideal choice for you as a printer that works with Cricut. Furthermore, this printer can deliver colorful flyers, documents, and other pieces of art. The most attractive option of this printer is the capability of quick printing. Additionally, you will get the as same photo quality that you have seen on your devices.
HP ENVY Photo 7855 includes multitasking features; you can print, copy, scan, and fax. People like to choose this printer due to its borderless photo printing and automatic document feeding capacity.
The wireless connectivity system plays an advanced role in printing with this printer. You can connect the primer with an authentic wifi device for instant print. Includes, the Bluetooth device of this printer help connect with laptops or cell phones. Also, you can connect this printer with a cable and USB port of a computer.
By installing a powerful smart app on your phone, you can print different sizes of photos. The app is pretty helpful for the instant installation of the printer to print any artwork.
After ending the printer ink, you need to insert a new pack to print without any interruption. Refilling in is also costly without an instant ink pack. HP allows an instant refilling ink pack to make your work easier.
- Print, fax, copy and scan all in one device
- Wireless and USB cable connection facility is on
- Print with smart app
- 10 – 15 ppm printing capacity
- Provide borderless photo
- Color display with touch screen
- Auto document feeder
- Accept legal and letter-size pages
- Memory card supported
- 256 MB built-in memory
- Both side printing option
- Comparatively slower to print
Read Full Review: HP ENVY Photo 7855 Review
8. Epson Workforce WF-2830 All-in-One Wireless Color Printer
With the capacity of printing 5760x 1440 dpi resolutions, Epson Workforce WF-2830 is the best printer for art prints on a budget. This printer has 30 pages of document feeding and both side printing capacity.
Additionally, this is a wireless connectable device that can connect with a USB port cable too. You can print 8.5×44 inch paper maximum and save time with quick printing capacity. Also, this printer is suitable for professional photographers, who need to print photos frequently.
To print a letter size paper, WF-2830 takes 4.5 ppm for black print. Besides, You can print a letter size paper with color within ten ppm. Thus, you may say that the machine is quite faster to print every color document.
Due to the four different ink cartridges, you can replace the specific color. That helps to reduce the costs of the ink. The two-side auto printing feature reduces the time during document printing.
The printer is famous for office work due to its nonstop copying capacity of about 99 pages. Besides, you can get the text enhancement option to copy documents. Furthermore, you can adjust the color, sharpness, and density to get a quality copy.
This Epson printer is an exception with the voice-activated printing solutions. Also, you can print from your mobile phone with Android, Apple Air Print, Google Cloud Print, and other wireless options.
- All-in-one machine for print, copy, scan, and fax
- Can print 5760x 1440 dpi resolutions
- Paper size 8.5×44 inches
- Black print speed ten ppm
- Color print speer 4,5 ppm
- Voice-activated printing
- Wireless printing
- Can copy 99 pages at a time
- Support 8.5×14 inches copy
- 30 auto document feeder
- 2-side auto printing
- Scan 2400 dpi resolutions
- Fax speed up to 33 kbps
- LCD screen to view printing status
- Support only Epson ink and cartridge
Read Full Review: Epson Workforce WF-2830 Review
9. Canon TS6420 All-In-One Wireless Printer
The Canon TS6420 is famous for excellent color photo printing quality with low use of color. This printer is capable of reaching details of a photo during print. Also, the all-in-one facilities are the perfect choice for home and office use.
The printer supports various types of paper and can print border-free photos. You can print a color photo at 6.5 ppm, and the black print speed is 13 ppm. Besides, this printer can produce a borderless square print for photos.
This model of the Canon printer is pretty stylish that is suitable for a busy lifestyle. You can get black and white color construction of Canon TS6420 printer. The dimension of this printer is about 6x16x14 inches with 14 lbs of weight. Furthermore, the finish of this product is smooth to feels good to touch.
The printer can print high-resolution photos by identifying the detailed areas of the images. However, it can print square-size photos and borderless photos up to letter-size paper. The paper feeding allows up to 200 sheets of auto feeding at a time.
This Canon printer can print almost every type of paper. You can use offset paper, photo paper, and also square paper on the printer. Also, you can copy with reducing and enlarging options along with a fit-to-page copy.
- Can print, copy, and scan
- easy to setup
- simple to use
- wireless connectivity
- OLED display to read the message
- auto feeding up to 200 pages
- square page printing
- borderless photo print
- scan up to 1200×1200 dpi resolutions
- print with smart app
- low-cost ink cartridge
- Great color accuracy
- Front and rear paper feeding
- Sharp black text print
- No touchscreen display
- No sheetfed scanner
Read Full Review: Canon Pixma TS6420 Review
10. Canon MG Series PIXMA MG2525 Inkjet Photo Printer
PIXMA MG2525 is another inkjet printer for Cricut which is a small size the fits easily anywhere at your home. Furthermore, this is an affordable printer than other series of Canon. The installation process of this printer is also simple with the free user guide.
Additionally, the quality of the black printing from this printer is very high. Also, you can print your regular photos from this printer. This printer takes 4 ppm for black print and 8 ppm for color print. And, it supports 4600×600 dpi resolution with 600×600 dpi mono-color resolutions.
An all-in-one function of the device is handy for printing, scanning, and copying. Also, you can print black and white documents along with colorful photos. This printer supports different types of paper such as legal, letter, and envelopes.
Printing a paper needs time, but in case of emergency, you want a quick output. This printer is super faster than spending four ppm for black print and eight ppm for color print. Also, you will get a 60 sheets capacity tray for refilling papers.
The printer adds two cartridges to print black and color documents, photos, presentations, etc. You can refill the XL cartridges if you need to print many papers every day.
You can run this printer with MS Windows XP, MS Windows 8, MS Windows 10, Windows Vista, and Apple Mac operating systems. To install the printer software, you have to use CD/DVD ROM.
- Functioned to print, scan, copy
- High-speed printing
- Legal size paper supported
- Support XL ink cartridge
- Easy to use
- Affordable price
- Auto-scan mode
- Good quality color print
- Can print envelop
- 60 sheets capacity tray
- USB cable connection
- 1-year warranty
- No wireless connection
Read Full Review:
Canon PIXMA TR4520 Vs. Canon PIXMA MG3620
The Canon PIXMA TR4520 is the most compact printer with printing, scanning, and faxing capabilities. Apart from its ideal size, it has the perfect features for any office like Wi-Fi, automatic duplex printing, and an ADF for faxing and printing. The PIXMA TR4520 enhances the efficiency and productivity of an office in an excellent compact size.
On the other hand, Canon Pixma MG3620 is a wireless all-in-one printer supporting print, copying, and scanning capabilities. It’s compatible with Airprint and Google cloud printing and supports printing from mobile and tablets. The Canon Pixma MG3620 is compatible with Windows:19, 10, 8, 8.1, and 7, Windows 7 SP1, Windows Vista SP1, and SP2, Windows XP SP3 32-bit, Mac:20 Mac OS X v10.7.5 – 10.10.
Canon PIXMA TR4520 Key Features
- Connectivity: This Canon Printer support both Wi-Fi and USB connectivity. You wirelessly connect to your smartphone during setup or carrying out your printing needs. This feature allows you to send all your printing instructions and the comfort of your tablet
- Reliability: Apart from its support for print, scan, fax, and copy, Canon Pixma MG3620 offers more reliability with features like Mopria print services, Airprint, auto shut on/off, and a built-in ADF scanner. The efficiency of all these features promotes an excellent user experience and improved productivity.
- Cost-saving: With the Ink Dash Replenishment Ready subscription service, your printer automatically monitors ink levels and makes an order when the levels are low. This service saves 10% on ink costs, and you can cancel at any time.
Canon PIXMA MG3620 Key Features
- Connectivity: Canon PIXMA MG3620 supports a Wi-Fi connection for easy printing and set up from your mobile device
- Efficiency: though the printer is set to a resolution of 600dpi, you can adjust this to your preference. Switch of the thumbnail to attain a 1200dpi if scanning documents that exceed 100MB
- Reliability: It supports Automatic duplex printing and a reliable speed of 9.9 IPM for black and 5.7 IPM for color prints
Canon PIXMA TR4520 Vs. Canon PIXMA MG3620 Comparison Table
|Canon PIXMA TR4520||Canon PIXMA MG3620|
|Supports Wi-Fi and USB connection||It has only a Wi-Fi connection|
|Pint speed of 4.4 ipm for color and 8.8 ipm for black||Print speed of 9.9 ipm for black and 5.7 ipm for color|
|Features a built-in ADF, supports Airprint, Mopria, and auto power on/off||It supports automatic duplexing and allows Airprint, NFC, Mopria, and Google cloud printing|
|Black in color, weighing 13 pounds and 17.2 x 11.7 x 7.5 inches||Black in color, weighing 11.9 pounds and 12 x 17.7 x 6 inches|
|Supports print, scan, copy, and fax features||Supports print, scan, and copy features|
|4 x 6 inches sheet size||2.3 inches sheet size|
The HP Envy 5055 vs. HP ENVY Photo 7855
The HP ENVY 5055 is built bearing in mind the printing needs of homes and offices. It’s an all-in-one printer that supports instant ink Dash Replenishment, cloud printing, and Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connection.
Similarly, HP ENVY Photo 7855 offers excellent quality prints ideal for home and office needs. Moreover, it has a color touch screen, separate photo tray, optional document feeder, and supports print from a USB drive, Airprint, and automatic duplexing. With HP ENVY Photo 7855, you can connect via Wi-Fi, Ethernet, USB, and Bluetooth.
HP ENVY 5055 Key Features
- Supports various paper sizes: These include 4×6, 5×7, 8×10, and size 10 envelopes. This goes a long way in enhancing convenience and reliability
- Reliable connectivity options: The HP ENVY 5055 supports Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity options for a timeless and flexible operation.
- Ink subscription: With this package, you stand to receive a free ink supply of ink for 2 months and at a fair fee later. You can cancel this at any time.
HP ENVY Photo 7855 Key Features
- Excellent Connectivity: Supports Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Ethernet, and USB connection; thus, you can never run out of a way to connect. This efficiency improves productivity and ensures a great user experience.
- Instant ink: With the HP instant ink package, you always have enough ink supply before finishing your ink banks. You enjoy smooth printing without worrying about running into an ink outage.
- Smart App: By installing HP smart App on your phone, you can send instructions and print different artwork sizes right from the pleasure of your smart device
The HP Envy 5055 vs. HP ENVY Photo 7855 Comparison Table
|HP Envy 5055||HP ENVY Photo 7855|
|Supports Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and Cloud Printing||Supports Wi-Fi, USB, Bluetooth, and Ethernet connection|
|Sheet sizes of 8.5 x 14, 3 x 5, Legal, Letter, and Envelope||Sheet sizes of 8.5 x 14, 3 x 5, Legal, Letter, and Envelope|
|Print, scan, and copy features||Print, scan, copy, and fax features|
|It weighs 11.9 pounds and measures 14.4 x 17.5 x 5 inches||It weighs 16.7 pounds and measures 17.87 x 7.6 x 19.33 inches|
|Print speed of 10ppm for black and 7ppm for color||Print speed of 15ppm for black and 10ppm for color|
|HP ink delivery subscription for 3 dollars per month||HP ink delivery subscription for 0.99 dollars per month|
How to Use Cricut Maker?
Looks like you have bought a Cricut Maker, but you have no clue on how to use it. It seems intimidating in trying to figure out how it works. Fortunately, once the process clicks, you will be wheezing away and making all sorts of projects with relative ease. Here is a guide on how to use a Cricut Maker:
- Start-Up the Machine
It might sound silly, but don’t forget to plug in the machine. You don’t want to be rushing to the store only to find out the Maker was not working because of no power connection. Also, you have the option of connecting to your PC through wireless connectivity or via a USB adapter. The wireless connectivity is great for a minimalistic approach. Lastly, check all the tools are available. That is your cutting mat, weeding tool, fabric washable pen, and cutting knife.
- Begin A Design
Download the Cricut Design Space on your PC then turn on the Cricut Maker. The maker will connect to your PC, taking you to the project’s interface. Here you will see grid lines similar to that on the cutting mat for easy referencing. Start out with something simple like a phrase or pattern, drawing it on the grid. Also, make sure to measure the material size on which you will be cutting the material. However, it takes practice to get used to the different functionalities of the Cricut Design Space. Just play with them and it will get easier with time.
- Cut Out the Design
Select the material of choice on the cutting mate then feed it to the machine. Press cut and the cutting knife will get to work. It will cut to whatever design you made on the Cricut Design Space. Once done, the mat will roll out into the hands of its creator. Use the weeding tool to remove any small designs from the excess material of your mat. It avoids those unsightly bends on your project due to unnecessary finger tagging.
Things to Know About Cricut Printer-FAQ
Do you need a printer to use a Cricut?
Printing will require a home printer. Using your Cricut, you can cut. You can even draw with it. This tool utilizes your computer to print out an image, which is then cut out with your Cricut. Wow, isn’t that incredible? It’s a lot easier than you might imagine!
What’s the best printer to buy for Cricut?
When looking for a printer for the Cricut project, it is best to choose one that has already been tried and tested. Manufacturers such as Epson, HP, and Cannon produce some of the best printers out there for crafting. They also come with added features that guarantee a wide range of printing media capabilities. Similarly, color is vital for Cricut projects. HP and Canon have nice printer configurations that allow more ink cartridges for better-colored projects.
What Kind of Printer do You Need for Cricut Print and Cut?
You need a printer that can print on both simple sheets of paper and on cardstock. Cardstock is usually thicker than an ordinary sheet of paper and might have a printer not designed for it. Crafters preferably use a cardstock due to its reusability feature hence saving on precious materials. Therefore, get a printer that can print using it without the possibility of damage.
Will Any Printer Work with Cricut?
No, you cannot use just any printer for Cricut. All printers have been built differently to serve different purposes. For instance, an office printer has been designed to do a lot of fast document printing while using a thinner and lighter print medium. It may not handle a cardstock valued at above 220gsm when compared to the 90gsm paper. Therefore, you need to check on the printer specs before purchasing. Ensure the media weight and size match with the materials intended to use for Cricut.
Do I Need a Printer for My Cricut Maker?
Not really. This depends on what kind of material you will use to craft. If you plan to craft most of your things using vinyl, then it is not a must. A printer does more if a variety of materials is available. You would want to take advantage of this.
Crafting and circuiting require a lot of creativity and skill. However, even if you get both of these rights, it will be next to impossible to do anything without the right crafting toolset. Among them is a Cricut printer. Not just any printer, but a good printer for the task. It won’t make sense to have a Cricut machine that relies on a mediocre printer. However, with the increased number of printers available in the market today, it has become difficult to select the ideal printer suiting your needs. Fortunately, the buying guide and product review will make your role in choosing stress-free.
2 thoughts on “What is Best Printer for Cricut Maker Projects?”
The MG3620 is not a good printer for Cricut due to lack of rear feedand poor weight handling.
I ended up on this list because I bought the MG3620 and need a new recommendation. The cricut printable sticker paper is too thick for the MG3620. I tried every setting for three straight hours and it just kept getting jammed. The paper would get 2/3 of the way through without an attempt to print and then say it was jammed. Hoping to find something that has more settings options and can handle the weight and thickness of cricut’s printable papers.