The best printer for business cards, not only deliver satisfactory printouts but also, it’s a permanent solution. With personalized business card customization to cover your business from all sides. However, to get the best it might be engaging and confusing because the market is flooded with many choices.
Fortunately, this article is meant to help you bid goodbye to all the confusion and hassles. You’ll get to know the top 10 business cards printers, their features, what we like about them, and what we don’t like.
In addition, you’ll also get to know what to consider when buying a printer to print your business cards professionally.
Our Top Pick:
Important Features to Consider When Purchasing The Best Printer for Business Cards
|CardMac Plus Electric Business Card Slitter||Operation: Electrical|
Speed: 30 cards/minute
Format: 10 cards per sheet
|Badgy100 ID Card Printer||Weight: 9.0lbsO|
perating system: Windows, Mac
Speed: 45sec/ card
|Magicard Pronto Card Printer||Operating system: Mac, & Windows|
Duplex printing: manual
Speed: 35sec(color) & 7(black)
|Magicard 300 ID Card Printer||Speed: 23sec per card (color) and 6sec/card (monochrome)|
Interface: USB 2.0, USB 3.0, type B, 10/100 Ethernet.
Card capacity: 70 card stacker and 100 cards feeder
|Brother MFC-J5330DW||Resolution: 4800 x 1200dpi|
Speed: 22ppm(black) & 20ppm(color)
Monthly duty cycle: 30,000pages
Scan mode: color grayscale
|Zebra ZC100 LT ID Card Printer||Interface: USB 2.0 & optional Ethernet|
Printing capabilities: single side printing
Card size: standard PVC or PET
Card thickness: 10-40mil
|HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M479fdw||Connectivity: wired and wireless|
Duplex printing: automatic
Resolution: 600 x 600dpi
Monthly duty cycle: 50,000pages
|Xerox WorkCentre 3335/DNI||Compatibility: PC, smartphones & Tablets|
Functions: print, scan, copy, email & fax
Resolution: 600 x 600dpi & up to 1200 x 1200dpi image quality
Print memory: 1.5GB
|Canon Pixma iX6820||Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Ethernet, Google Cloud Print or AirPrint|
Resolution: 9600 x 2400dpi (color) and 600 x 600(monochrome)
Cartridges: 5 individual colors
|Brother VC-500W||Resolution: 313dpi|
Maximum printable width: 1.97” /50mm
Interface: USB 2.0 & Wi-FiPrinting method; Direct thermal
The Top 10 Printer for Business Card Reviews
1. CardMac Plus Electric Business Card Slitter
CardMac plus electrical business card slitter is a product of Akiles, for card slitting. It has continuous motor-driven blades, so you will be able to get 30 business cards and above per minute. After cutting and slitting 10 full bleed cards from a letter-size sheet.
Also, it has a good angle easy feeder to allow you properly position the sheet before cutting. This means your employees can print and make their own card`s whenever needed. Rather than outsourcing which can be expensive. However, the machine can only cut up to 350gsm cardstock.
- Paper Stabilizers; help to properly position the paper as it feeds into the blade, for a perfect cut.
- Hardened Steel Blades; the machine has a steel blade, hardened to accommodate up to 350gsm cardstock. To give you perfect outcomes.
- Gutter Cut; this feature makes a thin line between each card, to prevent one card design from running over the next one.
- Simple to Use; this business card slitter is so easy to use for anyone in the office. So, you can always have professional business cards from the comfort of your office or home. In case of any challenge, you can follow CardMac plus instructions on the same.
- Operation; Electrical
- Speed; 30 cards/minute
- Format; 10 cards per sheet
- Weight; 18lbs
- Power voltage;110V
- Fast speed
- Flexible side margins
- Available templates to use
- Edge to edge printing
- A bit engaging setup
- Available templates to use
2. Badgy100 ID Card Printer
Do you want to take your business to the next level with professional-looking business cards without breaking the bank? Look no further, this is the best printer for business cards. Additionally, it has features for printing small batches or single IDs.
- Compact Size; this badgy mini printer for business cards will fit on your desk for convenient on-demand printing. Moreover, the printer can fit in a backpack so you can take it with you to events and other venues.
- Easy to Use; this printer has both input and output trays located at the front side. Each with 25cards capacity. The LED buttons notify you of cleaning, ribbon, and card alerts. Plus, you can track your printer status from your computer using Badgy Premium Software, only for Windows.
- Affordable and High Resolution; print professional cards with high-quality resolution and a .05” margin. Also, the printer is very affordable in comparison to others in the market.
- Ready for Printing; the system comes with YMCKO full-color ribbon to print 100 images and 200 Bodno PVC cards. You can start printing immediately.
- Print media; glossy photo paper
- Weight; 9.0lbs
- Operating system; Windows, Mac
- Connection; USB
- Speed; 45sec/ card
- High resolution
- Compact and easy use
- Can print barcodes
- Ready to use
- Manual double side printing
- The cards are waterproof after sometime
3. Magicard Pronto Card Printer
Are you frustrated by the high badge costs that you pay to print companies? Worry no more. Magicard pronto id card printer is a nice printer machine for business cards. Its features are ideal for low-volume printing but have a powerful, and fast printing engine.
Further, it’s the best printer for unique business cards, with the standard watermark feature to add visual and security without lamination.
- Compact Printer: Pronto ID card printer is lightweight and portable. It will comfortably fit on any office desk, either customer service, or welcome desk. To add on you can issue cards anywhere either in conferences or exhibits away from your office.
- On-demand Printing; you can print your cards any time you need them. Also, you don’t keep your customer waiting for too long since the printer is pretty fast. To give you color cards in 35seconds and monochrome in 7seconds.
- Quality Features; although the printer is small in size, it prints sharp images, edge to edge same as its counterparts. Moreover, it has a rewrite feature where you can print, erase, and re-use the same card either in color or monochrome.
- Free Visual Security; this printer allows you to print a secure watermark on every card, without a special laminate or ribbon.
- Operating system; Mac, & Windows
- Duplex printing; manual
- Connectivity; USB
- Speed; 35sec(color) & 7(black)
- Card thickness; 20-40mil
- Fast printing speed
- Free software update
- Lightweight, portable
- Useful features
- Visual security printing
- Manual duplex printing
- Not battery-powered
4. Magicard 300 ID Card Printer
If you want to buy the best printer for business cards, look no further. This printer will print secure and reliable ID cards without taking chances. The printer is very flexible whereby you can batch print with an interchangeable 100-card feeder, rewrite with the card feeder, or print one-offs.
- Card Security; it’s easy to print a HoloKote security watermark across the card surface. Also, Magicard 300 allows 3 custom designs including the company logo or other designs. Moreover, it comes with 3 standard designs. Moreover, using HoloPatch cards, HoloKote’s watermark can be highlighted as a security seal.
- High Quality; with a resolution of 300 x 300dpi and a wide color spectrum, you can use it to print photographs, corporate logos, and other images.
- Easy to Use; this printer integrates with existing network infrastructure to get you up and running quickly. Using USB minimizes set up time, with no technical knowledge required.
- Driver Compatibility; Magicard 300 is compatible with window server 2008, 2012, 2016, and Windows servers 7,8,10(32 & 64bit), MacOS X 10.9.0 upwards, and Linux with CUPS support.
- Print mode; color dye sublimation, rewrite technology, and monochrome thermal printing
- Speed; 23sec per card (color) and 6sec/card (monochrome)
- Interface; USB 2.0, USB 3.0, type B, 10/100 Ethernet.
- Card capacity; 70 card stacker and 100 cards feeder
- Weight; 4.98kgs
- Auto duplex
- High-quality output
- Easy to use
- Rewrite technology
- Easy to upgrade/update software
- No inbuilt battery
- No wireless connectivity
5. Brother MFC-J5330DW
Get yourself this Brother MFC-J5330DW, the best printer for business cards and brochures. It is an all-in-one color inkjet printer, ideal for both home offices and small businesses. This printer has flexible paper handling capability, automatic double-sided printing, the ability to print up to 11 x 17 inches, wireless and mobile device connectivity, and high-yield cartridges.
The printer is equipped with a 250 paper tray with flexible paper handling capabilities. So you need to consider this Brother jet printer for business cards.
- Printing: you will enjoy reliable printing with this small printer. also, it has flexible paper handling capabilities up to 11 x 17inches. However, the printer lacks a duplex printing function.
- Cartridges: this printer uses cost-effective super high yield ink cartridges. You don’t have to worry about frequent replacement of cartridges, rather you enjoy low cost per page.
- Function: brother MFC-J5330DW is an all-in-one printer. you will efficiently print, scan and copy your documents.
- Compatibility and Connectivity: print and scan almost anywhere from your tablet, smartphone, laptop and desktop computer wirelessly via Wi-Fi-direct. Additionally, you can scan to cloud services directly from the machine.
- Resolution; 4800 x 1200dpi
- Speed; 22ppm(black) & 20ppm(color)
- Monthly duty cycle; 30,000pages
- Scan mode; color grayscale
- Compatible cartridges; Brother LC3017, LC3019, LC3029
- Flexible paper handling
- Energy-star certified
- Easy to navigate touch screen
- All in one printer
- Wireless connectivity
- Non-duplexing automatic document feeder
- The cost per page could be lesser
6. Zebra ZC100 LT ID Card Printer
Zebra ZC100LT ID card printer is an improvement from Zebra ZXP series 1, with more improved security. It is the best printer for business cards, and the easiest to use. To add on, it has a slim and compact design, so that it will fit perfectly even in the smallest spaces.
Also, the card hoppers are redesigned, to load and unload your cards efficiently than before. Upgrading from the zebra ZXP Series, you will be able to print 200 single side cards in an hour.
- Easy Setup- setting up the printer is so fast and painless. From the box, plug into the power outlet, add the ribbon, and start creating credentials within no time.
- Advanced Security– it has additional security features to protect sensitive information from counterfeits. Also, it has built-in password protection, with administrator and user authentication- this provides scalable security for your card issuance program.
- Outstanding Print Quality– you can rely on this printer to customize professional-looking credentials, with rich colors, vibrant images, and crisp text/barcodes on a budget. This is the output of color dry sublimation and monochrome ribbons.
- Connectivity– the printer has a stand-alone USB port, so you need to set up a printing station. Moreover, you can upgrade to Ethernet and/Wi-Fi for instant access to anyone on your network.
- Speed; 24sec(color) and 5.1(monochrome)
- Interface; USB 2.0 & optional Ethernet
- Printing capabilities; single side printing
- Card size; standard PVC or PET
- Card thickness; 10-40mil
- Enhanced security
- Fast printing speed
- Easy input and output
- High printing quality
- Wide compatibility
- Single side printing
- It is not portable
7. HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M479fdw
HP LaserJet pro-MFP M479fdw is designed to allow you to focus on important business factors, so as to stay ahead of everyone. MFP M479fdw is a laser printer for business cards Also it’s an all-in-one printer; you can fax, copy, scan and print quality documents.
- Enhanced Security– the printer comes equipped with embedded safety features to monitor, and safeguard possible attack points and validate software reliability in a reboot. This is the best laser printer for Business Cards since you can secure confidential data with a pin/ pull retrieve. On confidentiality, you can’t go wrong with this printer.
- Easy to Use– the printer is easy and fast to set up with easy to manage and increase the overall performance. Also, the 4.3” color touchscreen is easy to operate. While USB drive allows you to print Microsoft Office and PDF formatted files.
- Sustainability– using original HP toner cartridges you’ll not encounter ink and paper wastage. The printer has a default duplex printing to save paper. Additionally, the auto on/off ensures efficient energy saving.
- Efficient– you can directly scan files to network folders, USB, Microsoft Share Point, and Email. Also, you get to print directly via Wi-Fi direct, or dual-band Wi-Fi. Moreover, through cloud services, you can print virtually to any HP printer. You’ll surely find your place with this printer since it has a wide connectivity option.
- Speed; 28ppm
- Connectivity; wired and wireless
- Duplex printing; automatic
- Resolution; 600 x 600dpi
- Monthly duty cycle; 50,000pages
- Fast printing
- Wireless printing
- 50ADF pages- copying & scanning
- Easy to use touch screen
- Energy star qualified
- Loud cooling fan
- Fans continue to run even when it’s not printin
8. Xerox WorkCentre 3335/DNI
Xerox 3335/DNI is a multifunction printer (commercial laser) for business cards, with easy wired and wireless connectivity set up. Also, the printer is diverse in its function; print, email, fax, copy, and scan, without taking up much space.
Operation is made easy using a large 4.3” color LCD touchscreen. In addition, it has Ethernet, USB 2.0, and Wi-Fi connectivity options.
- High Performance– work center 3335/DNI all in one black and white printer with print, scan, copy, fax, and scan features, and a speed up to 35ppm. Also, the printer has automatic duplex printing with 250 sheet paper capacity.
- Moreover, this is the best printer for business cards and flyers with a print resolution of 1200 x 1200dpi image quality.
- Safety- this is 100% guaranteed. This printer uses the latest security features to keep sensitive documents away from intended recipients.
- Print Quality– this printer has a range of printing features like collation, booklet printing, earth smart, customized page size, fit to page, poster printing, scaling, print from USB, toner saver mode, and watermarks. However, this is also the best printer for business cards and brochures.
- Connectivity and Convenience– the 4.3” color touch screen and built-in Wi-Fi, support AppleAir print and Xenon Print Services. Users can print emails, photos, and important documents from mobile devices easily.
- compatibility; PC, smartphones & Tablets
- functions; print, scan, copy, email & fax
- resolution; 600 x 600dpi & up to 1200 x 1200dpi image quality
- print memory; 1.5GB
- processor speed; 1.0GHz
- Quality images
- 250sheet paper capacity
- Safety is key
- Wired and wireless connectivity
- Toner saving mode
- It’s not portable
9. Canon Pixma iX6820
Pixma iX6820 is a wireless printer, ideal for your office, and also the best printer for flyers and business cards. It’s able to print everything within 4” x 6” mails to 11” x 17” spreadsheets, and also the big 13” x 19” presentation charts.
Additionally, the printer has downloadable solution templates to ease the hassle of creating documents from scratch.
- Function; Pixma iX6820 is a single-function printer, no scanning or copying. Further, the printer allows wireless mobile printing from anywhere with nearly any device. Any device operating with macOS or IOS can connect via AirPrint capabilities.
- Set Up; the printer is easy to set up with picture aid manual and fewer texts which are easy to follow. However, software setting and connecting to the network is a bit tricky.
- Print Quality; you’ll definitely love the crisp, and well-defined text printout, without any smudging or smears. Color documents are also seamless, with even ink. This is definitely the best printer for Business Cards and Flyers, calendars, newsletters, and certificates.
- Speed; the printer has an average of 13.2ppm for monochrome printing while color printing will depend on the type of document you are printing.
- Connectivity; Wi-Fi, Ethernet, Google Cloud Print or AirPrint
- Resolution; 9600 x 2400dpi (color) and 600 x 600(monochrome)
- Cartridges; 5 individual colors
- Input tray capacity; 150 sheets
- High document and photo quality
- Fast printing speed
- Sturdy, long-lasting, and simple design
- Individual cartridges
- Wireless connectivity
- Print only
- No USB and SD card slot
10. Brother VC-500W
Compact brother VC-500W color and label printer is the best printer for flyers and business cards, with zero ink technology. Also, you get to print amazing color labels, stickers, and others up to 17inches without needing ink, cartridges, or toners.
The printouts are water resistance, tear and smudge resistance with adhesive back to stick on most surfaces.
- Color Label Editor App-you can download this free app from app stores. In addition, it is the best Printer for Unique Business Cards, with many personalized features like fonts, art, background, frames, and ready designs for your mobile devices.
- P-touch Editor Software- if you are using Windows or Mac this software enables you to print a variety of professional labels, tackle office and other organization tasks, address labels, and business projects easily.
- Zero Ink Technology– this printer utilizes zero ink technology, with colors required for quality photo printing embedded in the paper. However, it supports Windows, AirPrint, and Mac. So you can print from your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch directly.
- Connectivity- this printer supports Wi-Fi/wireless direct easy connectivity. Hence you can virtually share or print on the same network.
- Resolution; 313dpi
- Maximum printable width; 1.97” /50mm
- Interface; USB 2.0 & Wi-Fi
- Printing method; Direct thermal
- Printing speed; 8mm/sec
- Zero ink technology
- Ready for printing on arrival
- Fast printing speed
- Easy to operate
- Not battery powered
- Only for printing
Buying Guide- Best Printer for Business Cards
There are a couple of important factors to consider before buying a business card printer. In this article section, we have highlighted things you would want to consider before buying a printer machine for business cards.
Inkjet Vs Laser
It’s important to understand the two main printer variants and how they operate. For business card printer’s inkjet are more preferred compared to laser printers. Because they can print through thick papers like cardstock.
Additionally, some quality laser printers can also handle thick papers. You might get better output since laser printers prints are waterproof.
Print Media Size
If you need a printer to print customized sizes, consider the options that the printer offers. But, if you are looking for a sole business card printer, almost any printer can handle the task. For a versatile printer performance, consider the media size the printer can handle.
Image Quality & Resolution
Getting a printer with quality output is very important, especially if you are planning to print business cards with nice graphics and texture. So, a color printer is a good option with at least 600dpi for a decent performance.
This is an important aspect to consider, am sure you wouldn’t want to wait for your cards to print forever. With a high-speed printer, you can print a large stack within a short time. However, the printer speed is measured in ppm, so the higher it is the faster the printer.
Cost Per Print
When buying a printer, always consider the cost price per print. You might buy a low-priced printer, but have to deal with the high costs of printing. So, it’s better to get one that is more expensive but will save you money in the long run.
Business cards are an important aspect when running or planning to start a business. Thus creating the need to get the best printer for business cards, to make stylish and smart cards. More so, the cards will have a long-lasting impression on the minds of your potential prospects.
Our detailed printer for business card reviews is based on the best card printers available in the market. In addition, we’ve discussed important details you need to consider before making your choice.
All the best as you get the perfect printer for your needs.