If you run a coffee shop or a professional designer, you know how essential a mug press can be. This machine wraps around a coffee mug and produces heat that sublimates designs onto coffee mugs. A mug press comes with a temperature adjuster, allowing you to craft any design. You can also time the auto-shut-off, so you don’t have to worry about your mug melting with the overheating.
However, not all mug presses are the same. Before buying one, you’d want to know whether it produces high-grade mugs that conform to specific health requirements. You’d also like to know its durability, compatibility, and the mug size it can comfortably mold.
This review considers qualities like design, quality, capacity, and size to help you choose the best mug heat press for your daily use. By the time you’re done reading this piece, you shall have known the six best mug presses that are worth every single dime.
Our Favorite Best Mug Press
Top 6 Best Mug Press Reviews- 2022
1. Cricut Mug Press Machine
Cricut mug press is the best mug press we’ve tested, and for various reasons. This mug press is well-rounded, and you can use it to personalize any mug of your desire in a few minutes and with little knowledge. It should be your priority when looking for a simple way to brand your business through customized mugs that appeal.
To create your design, all you need is to attach the sublimation design into the machine and let it handle the remaining process. The system comprises a patent-pending heat plate that uses infusible ink to create 11-16oz of straight-walled and polymer-coated mugs.
Cricut press also comes with infusible ink sheets that ensure flawless sublimation transfers that last years. These sheets are designed to easily fit ceramic sublimation mug blanks to prevent peels, cracks, flakes, or wrinkles. By the end of your creation, you should create a ceramic mug that conforms to ASTM D-4236.
- One-botton system: The Cricut mug printing machine is a no-fault, one-button system with no other settings, leaving everything up to your discretion when it comes to mug printing.
- Ease to use: With even heat transfer, there’s no need to adjust heat or pressure settings, and you get a fully customized mug.
- Works by sublimation: The Cricut mug works by sublimation using a heat press, it has a cavity on one side where you put the coffee or design of your choice, and after 6 minutes, your mug is sublimated.
- Auto-shutoff feature: It shuts off after 13 minutes of inactivity; it’s an automatic operation, so there’s no room for human error.
- Ease of use with one-touch adjustment
- Small and compact
- Mugs can be made in minutes
- No extra features
2. BetterSub Mug Heat Press
If you’re looking to start your own mug printing business, there is no better alternative to BetterSub Heat press. This machine is solid and durable to handle mugs up to 17 ounces in size. Save for its silicon pad; it gives you the chance to create mugs effortlessly without worrying about your mug sliding around during the heat transfer process.
The first thing you’ll notice about this machine is its compact design. It weighs between 15-20 pounds for portability. An LCD control at the top ensures easy to control when choosing designs. However, there are no sensors involved here, so you have to set your pressure level manually. This works just fine as long as you don’t move things around too much.
- Versatility: the device is suitable for ceramic mugs, stainless steel bottles, glass mugs, and aluminum bottles. You can create your special item as a gift or promotional product.
- Ease of use: It is a professional and powerful press, yet easy to use and accurate to operate. It is designed by a manufacturer with a thoughtful design and a great fashion sense.
- For commercial use: If you want to show your appreciation for fashion and expand your mug printing business, this sublimation mug press is the right choice for you.
- It is equipped with a non-stick surface. The non-stick coating ensures that the transfer material will not burn, so there is no need for separate silicone or Teflon sheets.
- Additional features: The handle of the mug press fits comfortably in your hand, and the Teflon-coated elements are of the highest quality. It features a tension screw for pressure adjustment and trays for carrying larger-sized mugs.
- Compact design
- Easy operation with instructions
- Some users complain about the smell of burning, but it disappears with regular use.
3. Cricut Mug Press
The Cricut Mug Press is a simple, easy-to-use tool that can help you create ceramic and stoneware products in minutes. It is the best mug printing machine for anyone who needs a quick and easy transfer of their favorite images and designs onto mugs, mugs, plates, or even tiles.
The Cricut Mug Press works by heating a Cricut Maker, Explore Air 2, or Cricut Joy machine with the Mug Press. It then applies pressure to push plastic materials into the image area of your mug.
You can easily customize your project using the simple design apps on your PC or Mac. So, it can help you layout your project on your mobile device or computer easily and conveniently. The Mug Press comes with a non-stick silicone mat and a small scraper that prevent projects from sliding around for smooth, professional edges.
- Size: The dimensions are 8.19 x 13.15 x 8.74 inches. Hot stamping and custom-designed ceramic mugs do not require long pressing and ironing. With this amazing machine, you can create a masterpiece in a matter of minutes. All you have to do is press a touch button.
- Temperature, Pressure, Time: Since this machine is a mag press only, the temperature is the same for all prints. Individual designs are created with the Cricut Cutter and then applied with heat to the mug with the Cricutmug Press.
- High-quality construction: The Cricut mug press is compact. The build quality is not as good as traditional hot presses. Nevertheless, it can withstand daily wear and tear without problems.
- Materials supported: This machine is intended to hot stamp individual designs on cups. Only ceramic mugs should be used as support for this product.
- Easier to use.
- The device does not distort colors.
- It has a safety function for automatic shut-off.
- The mugs can be safely washed.
- Lack of customization options.
- It can only be used for heating mugs.
4. BetterSub Mug Heat Press
Here is another impressive mug press by BetterSub that balances affordability and functionality to guarantee value for cash. At first glance, you’ll easily fall for the mug’s compact design. It’s easy to assemble and use, while you will also get a user manual for reference.
BetterSub comprises an energy-saving system that automatically shuts off the heater every five minutes of non-use. You can also see a display of the mug’s heat press in both Fahrenheit and Celsius degrees from the temperature gauge. To top it up, the coffee mug heat press has an automatic timer, so you don’t have to keep checking on it while your mugs are being heated. An automatic power-off function with an overheat protection also combines to shut off the system in case you forget to turn it off.
- Versatility: With this model, versatility is at the heart of the game, with a heating clip that can hold 6-17 ounce mugs. The press can work with both cylindrical and conical circles.
- Heat-resistant silicone rubber pad: For more awkwardly shaped mugs, the press is equipped with a heat-resistant silicone rubber pad that can be molded to fit any look. The lining distributes heat evenly across the mug and offers an additional purchase in the clip to prevent ghosting or image drag.
- Automatic control: All functions are controlled from the LCD monitor, which displays temperature and pressure. Users can also preset their desired heating time and temperature scale to provide precise process controls.
- Ease to use: This machine allows you to print your designs directly onto your existing mug without the hassle of enrobing or bulk ordering.
- Printing conical and cylindrical mugs
- Silicone gasket for custom shapes
- Built-in timer with automatic stop
- Compact profile that fits easily into your workshop
- Parts are not durable and not easy to maintain
- Incomprehensible controls without guidance.
5. Happizza Lightweight Mug Press
The Happizza Mug Press is a low-cost, high-quality hot press for making custom mugs at home. This device works well with small, medium, and large mugs up to 12oz. It’s made of 2.6lb of 3rd generation plastic that won’t break even with years of use.
Waiting hours for your mug to mold is a thing of the past. The Happizza mug sublimation machine heats up to 370 degrees Fahrenheit, and within 40 seconds, you’ll be pressing your design onto your mug. You can also remove the design from the mug before it cools. Place the mug back into the Happizza, and it will start to change color again. It takes about 3 minutes for the mug to cool off before it’s safe for you to touch again.
- High-quality materials: The product is making of high-strength plastic, making it lighter, smaller, and stronger.
- Lightweight and compact: Weighing only 2.6 pounds, it fits into any small space without taking up much space. The cup molding is efficient and perfect, and the design is stunning.
- It is easy to use: take a picture and print it on sublimation paper with sublimation ink and an inkjet printer. It is so easy to use that even a beginner can learn it in three minutes.
- Versatile: Mugs made by the mug machine are ideal as personalized souvenirs for tourist attractions, various conferences, events, organizations, schools, churches, businesses, and homes.
- Additional features: It comes equipped with a sublimation press, 2m power cable, free thermal ribbon (optional), detailed graphic instructions.
- Ease to use
- Uses both sublimation and infusible papers
- Suitable for personalized gifts
6. Mug Press 4 in 1 Heat Press Machine
Mug Press 4 in 1 Mug Sublimation Machine is a multi-functional machine that can help you add your designs to coffee mugs, wine glasses, coffee mugs, and other ceramic or plastic products. With this sublimation heat press machine, you can transfer photos, design, and graphics onto ceramic, plastic, and fabric.
The four-in-one sublimation mug press is easy to use and operate. It also protects your hands as the handle is far away from the heating area during the design process. The Mug Press heat press machine comes with protective temperature default of 200 degrees Fahrenheit. The fuse for overload protection and six preset temperatures allows you to work under high-temperature settings. This Mug Press 4 in 1 Heat Press Sublimation Machine includes four heating roasters, a 6oz attachment, and a fuse for overload protection.
- Safe to use: the built-in fuse mainly designed to protect against overload. If the current reaches an abnormally high temperature, the fuse will activate and cut off the power supply, ensuring the safe operation of the hot cup press.
- Long life: The cup press has a protective temperature (standard temperature 200?). After the cup is ready, the sublimation press can automatically reduce the operating temperature to the protection temperature.
- High-quality transfer effect: colorful images can easily transfer to mugs, glasses, ceramic cups, etc. The patterns are especially beautiful on glossy and smooth ceramic surfaces.
- Strength and Durability: The cup handle is making of solid steel, not deform as easily as plastic.
- It is equipping with 4 size attachments.
- Compact and lightweight
- Precise temperature control
- Safe to use
- No instruction guide
Buying Guide Best Mug Press
If you are buying a mug press for personal use or your new business, you should consider several features. Otherwise, you may end up with a thermal printing machine that you can’t work with.
First, you need a device that is compact and lightweight. If the machine is to using by a single person, it must be easy to handle. Large machines are hard to handle and take up a lot of space.
If you are starting a business from home, you need a machine that you don’t have to put in the corner of your home.
Most mug heat presses have a limited range of applications. Many machines can only handle standard cylindrical drinking mugs.
It is advisable to invest in a mug press that can also be used for latte mugs, which have a larger diameter at the top than at the bottom. Some models are equipping with a separate nozzle that can use to print on latte mugs.
Some machines require you to set the temperature and time for your project yourself, which can be confusing, especially for beginners. However, some devices control the temperature and time settings and do it automatically.
With these machines, all you have to do is focus on the design, and the device will take care of the other details. These vending machines are now more convenient and easier to use for home and business use.
Even a very small digital display can be handy, especially if you need to set the temperature and time yourself. Even if the unit sets the temperature and time itself, it’s useful to know exactly what the numbers mean.
Also, touch-screen models allow easier temperature and time selection, but such models are usually more expensive.
At the end of a print, a beep sounds to remind you to remove your mug from the machine before it overheats. Most mug printers are equipping with a digital alarm, a much-needed option on these devices.
Speed and Capacity
Not all thermal mug printing machines are designing for heavy-duty use. Smaller devices are only suitable for occasional use when making a personalized gift for a friend or family member.
But if you want to start your own business, you need a machine that can get the job done in minutes. Also, a machine that can print two mugs at the same time, even with different settings, is better for your business.
How to Use a Mug Press?
You may not have used a mug press before, but you will amaze at how incredibly easy this press is to use.
Here Are The Steps to Follow:
- The first part is the creation of the design and its printing. If you’ve had printed t-shirts before, the process will be much the same.
- It is best to use a computer and a printing press. Use editing software such as Photoshop to create the design, then transfer this information to a printer and print the design onto carbon paper. Alternatively, you can cut your designs out of colored vinyl.
- Before applying the transfer to the mug, cut it to fit optimally to the place of printing. Leave a small space/frame around the paper (approximately 1/8 inch) when cutting.
- In addition, you need to make sure that there are no wrinkles in the transfer so that the paint does not leave unwanted streaks.
- Sometimes the edges of the translation look a little sagging or fuzzy. To prevent this from happening, try moistening the transfer a little. It’s also a great move to achieve an overall crisp transmission.
- Once you’ve secured the transfer tape to the mug, secure it tightly with tape (use a heat-resistant type).
- If the transfer paper isn’t wrapped with tape, feel free to wrap it with Teflon to keep the ink from smearing the press.
- Set the mug press temperature to about 350 to 400°F and set the time to about five minutes. Also, set the pressure to medium.
- As you press down on the mug, heat some water until it is just lukewarm and pour it into a small basin.
- When finished pressing, take out the mug and place it in warm water to cool down. To remove the mug, you need to use gloves not to burn your hands.
- Once the mug has cooled down a bit, remove the tape and admire your artwork.
What Is the Best Mug Printing Machine?
The BetterSub Mug Press is excellent and affordable, as it does not require separate silicone or Teflon transfer sheets.
In addition to its affordable price, it is extremely easy to use and has a compact yet sturdy design that can withstand home and commercial use rigors.
What Machine Do You Need to Make Mugs?
Whether you prefer the small size of a Cricut Joy or the powerful technology of a Cricut Maker, you need a Cricut Cutter to cut and draw your mugs.
Is Cricut Coming Out With a Mug Press?
It is now available at Cricut.com. (Both are Mug Press compatible, by the way.) “Fail!” to “Fix!” To. But the best part is that the Cookie Cutter and the Mug Press allow you to unleash your creativity in a new way.
What Paper Do You Use for a Mug Press?
The best paper to use is sublimation paper, as it will release the ink properly, preventing the paper from seeping through with ink during the press. It is not recommended to use thermal transfer paper as it may not work.
Does Inkjet Transfer Paperwork on Mugs?
An inkjet printer will do, and surprisingly, you don’t have to modify anything.
What Do I Need for Mug Printing?
- Mug Press Kit: A sublimation mug press is one of the centerpieces.
- Blank mugs: blank white mugs with the appropriate coating.
- Sublimation inks: These specialty inks come in bottles instead of cartridges.
- Tank Inkjet Printer: This is another essential piece of equipment.
- Sublimation copy paper: This is the paper on which you print the design and then attach it to the mug with thermal tape.
- Heat tape: This tape keeps the design on the mug while it is heated and pressed.
- Paper cutter: It is better to use a paper cutter rather than scissors to ensure clean, consistent, and accurate cuts.
- Soft Measuring Tape: Use a soft measuring tape of the type you use for sewing so that it can quickly wrapped around the measuring mug.
Purchasing a mug press machine is a great investment for a new business or to be able to make inexpensive and high-quality gifts for any occasion shortly.
Everyone likes to buy personalized mugs, whether you pay for them yourself or get them as a gift. Mug presses are easy to use, inexpensive, efficient, and ingenious machines that can be enjoyed in various ways.
Mug presses not only allow you to print your favorite designs, pictures, logos, and letters on mugs and mugs, but they can also be a source of fun at home.
They are compact enough to be placed in the corner of the home and are easy to use and operate. The whole family can also enjoy the mug press.
It’s up to you what you want to do with your mug press, but now you know which equipment to buy. Hopefully, this article will help you choose the best mug press for your needs and budget so that you can buy one and get to work right away.