Owning the best micro projector is a convenient way of having a giant movie screen, or you can buy one for business presentations. These tiny wonders can project a picture to any surface, turning it into your preferred screen size. Most important, they are cheap compared to the large projectors. Besides, they are mostly used by homeowners, entrepreneurs, and artists.
Nevertheless, finding the most suitable micro projector can be overwhelming. Without enough information, you can take most of your time. Preserve your time and go through this article that comprises a buying guide and a list of mini projectors.
We considered portability, resolution, contrast ratio, and compatibility when selecting the best mini projector. Again, check your financial status. Keep reading for unbiased information.
Our Favorite Micro Projector
Best Micro Projector Comparison Table
|AuKing Mini Projector-2021 Upgraded||Wattage: 50 watts |
Brightness: 2600 lumen
2000:1 contrast ratio
Product Dimensions: 3.15 x 6.69 x 7.68 inches
Item Weight: 2.87 pounds
|Kodak Ultra Mini Portable Projector||Wattage: 9.25 watts |
Brightness: 60 Ansi lumen
Connectivity Technology: USB, HDMI, MicroSD
Image Contrast Ratio: 1300:1
Item Weight: 5.3 ounces
Product Dimensions: 3.1 x 3.1 x 0.79 inches
|Meer Mini Projector||Wattage: 24 watts |
Brightness: 400 lumens
Native Resolution: 480*272 Support: 1920*1080
Brand Name: Meer
Item Weight: 10.2 ounces
|AKASO Mini Projector||Connectivity Technology: USB, HDMI, wireless |
Product Dimensions: 5.71 x 3.15 x 0.79 inches
Item Weight: 7.4 ounces
Display Technology: DLP
|AAXA Technologies KP-101-01 Projector||Wattage: 6 watts |
Display resolution: 1280 x 720
Image Contrast Ratio: 1000:1
Product Dimensions: 4.25 x 2.36 x 0.7 inches
Item Weight: 6.4 ounces
|Vamvo Ultra Mini Projector||Display resolution: 800 x 480 |
Display Technology: DLP
Connectivity Technology: USB, HDMI
Item Weight: 1.48 pounds
Product Dimensions: 5.8 x 3.1 x 0.8 inches
|ViewSonic M1 Mini Ultra-Portable LED Projector||Display Resolution: 854 x 480|
Image Brightness: 120 lumen
Product Dimensions: 4.3 x 4.1 x 1.1 inches
Item Weight: 10.6 ounces
Types of Projectors
There are two types of projectors- LCD (liquid crystal display) and DLP (digital light processing). You may have heard of CRT projectors which are no longer in the market to date. They were large with low light, which made them unreliable. Let’s see DLP and LCD projectors.
DLP projectors come in one-chip or three-chip. The millions of mirrors on each chip reflect light uncountable times within a second. The one-chip models can produce 16 million colors when projecting, while the three-chip models produce over 35 trillion colors. And because of this, DLP projectors are best as they produce a life-like image.
LCD projectors use polarized mirrors that can sense light colors when projecting an image. They can display an image on any flat surface or projector screen. Its less contrast images require some filter maintenance. Also, they are affordable.
Top 7 Best Micro Projector Buyer’s Guide
1. AuKing Mini Projector-2021 Upgraded
If you are hunting for the best micro projector for your home theater, the AuKing projector can serve you perfectly. Weighing 2.87 pounds, this is a highly portable device to carry around your home. Moreover, it comes with an excellent resolution and a contrast ratio that can guarantee clear and sharp images.
Again, it is equipped with other impressive features like super compatibility, a long-life lamp, and more. Grab this projector for a memorable theater experience.
- Performance: For superior home theater projection, you can consider this excellent projector with a resolution of 1080p. With a contrast ratio of 2000:1, you are sure of clear images than most of the projectors.
- Quiet projector: The projector doesn’t produce much noise as it comes with fan cooling technology. This prevents overheating enhancing the life span of your projector.
- Several device connection options: AuKing Mini Projector is an ideal product for playing videos, sharing photos, TV series, sports, and more. The reason is you can connect it to smartphones, laptops, USB drives, tablets, and X-Box One.
- Portable and big screen: Light in weight, you can carry this projector anywhere. Again, it can project from 32-170 inches with a projection distance of 1 to 5m. With the loudspeakers, you can have a great experience around your home theater.
- Warranty- Yes, it comes with a 2-years warranty after purchase. It applies if you are not satisfied with the product.
- Big screen for movies
- Can be connected with a variety of devices
- Highly portable
- Low noise
- Long-lasting lamp
- Not the best for business presentations
2. Kodak Ultra Mini Portable Projector
Get to know Kodak Ultra- the best small projector with the capacity to project HD videos. However, it’s a DLP projector that can create a magic environment around your home theater. Again, it’s an upgraded device with a compact design that can provide super quality imagining.
The compatibility is outstanding as it is equipped with a USB, HDMI, MicroSD card that enables you to connect with several devices. Further, it’s an easy-to-use device so you can play and have fan in the comfort of your backyard.
- Great compatibility: Kodak ultra-mini projector comes with USB, HDMI, MicroSD hookup, and built-in speakers. Using HDMI, you can connect your tablet, android, and other devices.
- DLP projector: Kodak Ultra mini portable projector comes with DLP optical engine to boast color accuracy, image quality, and super brightness. You can consider a darker room for excellent projection.
- Easy to use: This projector doesn’t come with complicated menus and buttons. You only need to connect with your HDMI video player, Mac, or PC and you are good to go.
- Small size: Best for travel, Kodak Ultra is a small projector that can fit in your handbag, back pocket, or briefcase. So, you can have it for home and business use.
- Grade color: Can display 16.7 million colors so you can comfortably enjoy your movies, video games, or photo slideshows.
- Light in weight
- Good compatibility
- Supports 16.7 million colors
- Easy to use
- Comes with DLP optical engine
- Some people complained of picture quality
3. Meer Mini Projector
A portable projector is all that you need to enjoy backyard movies. Still, you can have one for business presentations. Well, buy Meer mini projector that comes with outstanding specs. Besides, it’s a small device with excellent resolution and brightness, producing sharp and clear images.
However, you can have this projector during hiking camping so long as you have a power bank. Also, you can connect it with several devices through HDMI, USB, MicroSD card.
- Variety of ports: Comes with the following ports; HDMI, USB, AV, Audio, and SD. Through the ports you can connect it with your laptop, smartphone, tablet, TV stick PS4, PS5, X-Box One to enjoy life streaming, sports, games, and videos.
- Outstanding performance: With a resolution of 1080p, the brightness of 400 lumens together with the built-in speakers, you can be sure of a wonderful projection. Again, the aspect ratio is 4:3 and a projection distance of 1-3m.
- Small in size: Measuring 11.9 x 8.6 x 4.8 cm, this device weighs 0.29 kg. You see it’s a light product you can have in your pocket when traveling. It is such a private mini projector.
- Easy to connect: Meer Mini Projector is an easy-to-use device. You only need to connect using your preferred port.
- Power source: Despite it not having a battery, you can have a power bank. You can use it to power your projector when on the move.
- Great performance
- Multiple ports
- Takes minutes to connect
- You can use a power bank
- It doesn’t come with its own battery
4. AKASO Mini Projector
For excellent projection, you have a taste of the AKASO mini projector. Besides, it is the best mini projector you can use to have a memorable experience if you have a home theater. Again, it is an ideal projector for business presentations.
Moreover, it uses the latest DLP technology to get accurate and clearer images, assuring a fantastic viewing experience. With this projector, you can use wireless connectivity to connect it with your smartphone or tablet. Also, it comes with multiple ports to enable super connectivity with other devices.
- Multiple ports: This projector comes with USB, HDMI, AV, and MicroSD ports. So, you can watch games, play videos, TV series, share photos, and do many other activities. You can connect it to your smartphone, X-Box-One, PS3, and PS4.
- Stunning display: AKASO mini projector can display excellently because of the amazing resolution of 854 x 480p and the contrast of 150 lumens. Again, it has a long-lasting battery that can go for more than two hours.
- Versatile: It’s a portable projector with a compact design. Indeed, it’s such a convenient device perfect for conducting a business presentation, gathering and still can be used to glam your home theater.
- Wi-Fi connection function: You can wirelessly connect this with your tablet or smartphone for multiscreen. But still, you can connect it using an HDMI cable.
- DLP technology: This is what makes projection enjoyable. The DLP technology provides uniformity and excellence in digital imaging.
- Uses DPL technology
- Produces stunning images
- Uniformity in projection
- Multiple connectivity options
- Compact design for portability
- No warranty
5. AAXA Technologies KP-101-01 Projector
The AAXA KP-101-01 is a pico projector same as a cell phone. But, it’s capable of delivering more than some of the large projectors. This best compact projector uses LED technology for quality projection.
Also, it comes with a built-in multimedia player coordinating with an HDMI port to enhance mobility. Again, it’s a celebrated projector that can play high-resolution content. Moreover, it is a more flexible device when it comes to performance. Check out its promising connectivity.
- Several connectivity options: The AAXA KP-101-01 comes with several inputs and many other connectivity options. You can use the HDMI port to connect this projector with other devices like PCs, game consoles, laptops, and more. MicroSD and USB inputs are for music, videos, and text playback. Still, you can use the AUX to connect with external speakers. Also, you check the AV to connect it with DVD players, cable boxes, and VCRs.
- High resolution: With this mini projector, you are sure of sharp and clear imaging because of the 1280 x 720p. This enables detailed images up to 60 inches.
- Compatibility: The projector is highly compatible with smartphones and tablets. You can use an adapter cable to mirror anything you want from your device.
- Lithium-ion battery: This ion battery can go for 80+minutes. Again, it’s rechargeable and long-lasting making it a convenient portable projector.
- Versatile: You can use it to watch movies, photos, and videos with friends. Also, you can offer presentations anywhere.
- Compatible with tablets and smartphones
- Long-lasting battery
- High resolution
- A variety of connectivity options
- No Bluetooth
6. Vamvo Ultra Mini Projector
Do you believe you can enjoy movies, videos, and photo slideshows from the palm of your hand? Yes, by purchasing Vamvo ultra-mini projector. It is the best pocket projector that can wonderfully project images. It can never be a regret to own this fantastic.
Additionally, its multimedia connection capabilities enable you to connect it with various devices like iPhone, iPad, and other android devices. The rechargeable battery can last for several hours.
- Compatibility: Vamvo micro projector is compatible with androids, laptops, iPhones, PCs, X-Box, PS3, PS4, MacBook, and more. You can connect all this through ports like USB, HDMI, MicroSD, and TF.
- Outstanding display: Get vibrant display by use of Vamvo Ultra Mini Projector. It brings out the vibrant color and clear images because of the 1080p resolution. You can achieve an 80 inches screen size.
- Compact design: The projector got a lightweight and compact design which makes it highly portable. Well, you can take your projector to anyplace you wish for small meetings projections, or business presentations.
- Multi-screen technology: Using this mini projector is advantageous as you can project your android screen into an enormous screen (130 inches). Remember to have an original USB cable. You can even synchronize the screen using an HDMI adapter. Enjoy movies as a family through this multi-screen sharing projector.
- Warranty: Such a reliable product with a 2-year warranty! You can get a replacement or refund if you are not satisfied with the product.
- Screen sharing technology
- It’s a reliable mini projector
- Overwhelming display
- Perfect compatibility with other devices
- Compact design
- Not everyone likes it
7. ViewSonic M1 Mini Ultra-Portable LED Projector
Entertain yourself to a big screen by considering this incredible mini projector. ViewSonic M1 is a portable projector compatible with a power bank and built-in battery. So, you’ll not have to find a power cord when traveling.
However, you can place this tiny projector in your purse, backpack, or back pocket. Again, you can change this projector using the swappable panels that come with gray, teal, and yellow. Further, it is easy to set up.
- Perfect projection: ViewSonic M1 mini projector got a smart stand for positioning and changing angles when projecting. Again, the keystone correction sharpens the images by removing distorted and crooked ones. The resolution is high (854 x 480p) for clear images. Also, the built-in speakers contribute to perfection as they produce a loud and clear sound.
- Battery: The built-in battery can hold power for 1.5 hours. Still, you can consider a power bank if you need to travel.
- Connectivity: You can connect this mini projector with PCs, media players, mobile devices, and Macs as it is equipped with USB, MicroSD, and HDMI.
- Compact design: Comes with a portable design to carry it around to any place. You can conveniently deliver with the resolution of 854 x 480p.
- Includes: The box contains; a mini projector, micro USB cable, USB A, remote control, swappable panels (yellow, grey, teal), and a wrist strap.
- Light in weight
- Plug and play USB
- Power bank capabilities
- Smart stand
- Great connectivity
- It doesn’t support Bluetooth
Best Micro Projector Buying Guide– Ultimate Considerations
Whether you are buying the best micro projector for home or professional use, it is good to consider one that meets your expectations. Mini projectors can look almost the same, but they have different specifications. We dived down and came up with considerations to help you choose the best. Keep reading!
Buying a micro projector requires one to confirm the built-in batteries. This is to avoid worries if you are not near a power source. But, it is advantageous to consider batteries that can last for more than two hours. That is what can give you freedom when locating for presentation.
Micro projectors are not the same, so it is vital to consider the size of your preferred projector. Some are the size of a notebook, energy drink can, game console, or phone size. Also, others are palm-size with a handle for easy transport. So, it is vital to be keen on the weight of your preferred micro projector to avoid the hassle of moving around with a heavy projector.
The resolution of a projector is what determines the quality of the images. Projectors with higher resolution are known for clear and sharp imaging. So is vital to confirm the resolution depending on how you will use the projector. Projecting graphs, videos, charts requires a high resolution ranging from 854 x 480p.
Brightness is measured in lumens. When buying a projector, confirm the brightness. If you are working in a dark room, pick one with 1500 lumens but if you are in a large bright room, consider one with higher brightness.
Where you will use
Where you’ll use the micro projector should be a consideration. Well, if you need a portable projector for outdoor use, it is wise to go for one with a rechargeable battery. You know the hassle of finding a power source outlet when camping or hiking. Any mini projector can do indoor use because of power source availability. If you live in a rainy climate, one with a waterproof design can work perfectly.
Easy to use
Projectors vary when it comes to setting them up. But with the micro ones, they are not that technical, and that is why you can take minutes to set one up. The ones with wireless capabilities and HDMI ports are much easier to install.
How to Set Up a Mini Projector?
Are you ready for a presentation or movie night? Let’s get to the steps of setting up a mini projector.
Step 1: Choosing an appropriate location to place the projector is the first thing. Find a bigger space for projection or buy a screen. Ensure there is a gap between your projector and screen or projection surface.
Step 2: It’s time to set your screen well, which creates some uniformity than using a wall or flat surface. Before permanently mounting the screen, you can test the distance and size.
Step 3: Set the right height. You can place your projector on a table, stand or have it on the ceiling. Make some adjustments to have a focus. It is good to have a friend with you to see if you are projecting rightly. This is to avoid blurred images.
It’s time to add speakers now. Some mini projectors come with built-in speakers, but you should consider pairing your projector with external speakers. Enjoy the projection!
How to Use a Micro Projector
Using a micro projector can never be a hectic thing. Start by powering this device. You can use a rechargeable battery or consider a power outlet. There is a sliding switch for changing the power source. Now, it’s time to project information from a microSD card or flashcard. Use HDMI cable to projector your computer screen. Take your remote to change modes through the input button. Lastly, sharpen the focus using the dial on the projector.
How Do I Connect My Phone to My Mini Projector?
First, it is important to know the model of your projector. Then check if its features can accommodate your phone. You can connect it using a cable or wirelessly.
How Do I Connect My Projector to Wi-fi?
After switching your projector, check the screen for settings and select the Wi-Fi option. Then clicking Wi-Fi, you’ll see the scan option. After pressing scan, you’ll see Wi-Fi searching. Select the Wi-Fi connection code and insert the password code. Confirm, and you’ll see success.
Why Is My Projector Not Working?
Confirm if you are using the right cable or adapter to connect your projector to the source device. Also, you can check the input mode on the projector; it may be wrong.
Are Mini Projectors Worth Buying?
Absolutely yes, the project is just like any other projector.
Are Pocket Projectors Any Good?
Yes, they still serve a purpose for fulfilling projection needs.
Going home with the best micro projector can be fulfilling. Remember, it doesn’t come that easily. It is an overwhelming process that requires a lot of research. Well, we have listed the best options above, hoping you’ll choose the best. To make the right decision, it is beneficial to go through the buying guide for top considerations.
Nevertheless, buying a mini projector that can fulfill your projection is vital. So, be keen on your budget as you check on the projector resolution, brightness, contrast ratio, portability, and compatibility.