Are you one of the photo enthusiasts who love digitalizing film and pictures? Then, purchasing the best flatbed scanner is advantageous. Indeed, it’s a device that can perfectly scan images and film. Well, they come with photo editing software to explore your creativity when scanning pictures and documents.
However, buying a flatbed scanner that can fulfill your needs is essential. Remember, there are different models with excellent resolutions. Worry not, as this review got every information concerning flatbed scanners. Read on!
Our Top Pick:
Important Features to Consider When Purchasing the Best Flatbed scanner
|Xerox XD-COMBO Duplex Combo Flatbed Document Scanner||Resolution: 300 dpi |
Dimensions: 15.8 x 13 x 5.5 inches
|Plustek A3 Large Format Flatbed Scanner OS 1180||Weight: 9.52 pounds |
Dimension: 23.18 x 16.02 x 2.67 inches
|Visioneer 7800 Flatbed Color Photo and Document Scanner||Weight: 4 pounds |
Dimensions: 15.79 x 11.18 x 1.77 inches Connectivity: USB
|VIISAN 3240 A3 Large Format Scanner,Color Receipt & Document & Photo & Book & Art & CAD Scanner||Resolution: 2400 |
Sheet size: A3
Weight: 14.65 pounds
Dimensions: 25.91 x 22.76 x 6.54 inches
|HP ScanJet Pro 3500 f1 Flatbed Scanner (L2741A)||Resolution: 1200 |
Weight: 12.3 pounds
Dimension: 8.27 x 4.13 x3.94 x 8.50 x 8.50 x 122.04
|Plustek OpticPro A320L – A3 CCD Graphic Flatbed Scanner||Weight: 16.52 pounds |
Dimension: 24.5 x 21.2 x 5.24 inches
|Fujitsu fi-7280 High-Performance Professional Flatbed Color Duplex Document Scanner||Weight: 19.4 pounds |
Dimensions: 11.8 x 22.7 x 9.2 inches Connectivity: USB
|Plustek OpticSilm 2680h – High Speed Flatbed Scanner||Resolution: 300 |
Dimension: 16.3 x 1.4 x 10.4 inches Connectivity: USB
Weight: 6.14 pounds
|Plustek OpticPro A320E – A3 CCD Flatbed Scanner||Weight: 27 pounds |
Dimensions: 31.4 x 22.6 x 10.8 inches
|Epson DS-50000 Large-Format Document Scanner||Resolution: 300, 600 |
Weight: 32.6 pounds
Dimension: 25.2 x 6.2 x 18.5 inches Connectivity: USB
Top 10 Best Flatbed Scanners
1. Xerox XD-COMBO Duplex Compo Flatbed Document Scanner
Xerox XD-COMBO Duplex Compo is a type of flatbed scanner that you can consider for your home and office use. It is a machine that can help you scan paper documents into digital ones. Besides, it’s a machine that experts or beginners can use.
This is because of its performance and high speed of 25 images within a minute. In addition, the resolution of 300 dpi contributes to stunning scans. Also, it is equipped with other standard features for outstanding results.
- Fast Scanning: You can consider this speedy flatbed scanner that works at a rate of 25 ppm at a resolution of 300 dpi. With such a resolution, you can imagine the kind of output- quality is a guarantee. You can have your scans in color, grayscale, black, and white.
- Image Enhancement Technology: Xerox XD-COMPO is a document that comes with Visioneer Acuity technology to enhance clarity when scanning documents. This is for good scans from original printed paper documents.
- Function: The Xerox XD-COMPO flatbed scanner is a multipurpose device that solves several scanning needs. It allows duplex scanning to save you time and money.
- Easy to Use: Using this machine comes with much comfort because of the Visioneer OneTouch feature. It’s a feature that performs on a scanner at a touch of a button. As a result, save time when scanning documents.
- Image enhancement technology
- One-touch scanning
- It is a fast scanning device
- Great results
- Not the best for photographic work
2. Plustek A3 Large Format Flatbed Scanner OS 1180
Get this 11.69″ x 17″ flatbed scanner designed to scan large format documents. Indeed, this is an ideal device for legal-sized papers, large-format magazines, newspapers, and scrapbook. It is equipped with an LED light that contributes to immediate scanning without setting it up. The resolution is impressive and has a good scanning speed. Again, it is compatible with windows Vista/7/8/10/11 and MAC OS X 10.12~11.x.
- Fast Scanning: OS 1180 is a fast scanning machine that can scan a tabloid-size document within 8 seconds. This machine can scan lots of sheets within the shortest time. The countdown timer ensures that after scanning; the sheets are saved in one PDF file.
- Scan Size: If you want to scan large format documents, this should be your first pick. It can take A3 11.69″ x 17″ size documents- best for scanning magazines, newspapers, and other large documents.
- No Waiting: With an LED light source, the machine scans immediately so long as it’s on. The LED light also ensures quality and clear scans.
- Resolutions: The scan results are clear and bright when high resolution. This machine comes with an optical resolution of 1200 dpi for quality images.
- Easy to Operate: It’s just a one-touch button to scan. This is because of the Pre Set Function
- High resolution
- Quality scanning
- LED light source for fast scanning
- Best for large format documents
- It’s easy to use
- It’s not the best for artwork
3. Visioneer 7800 Flatbed Color Photo and Document Scanner
Grab this document and photo flatbed scanner to solve all your scanning needs. It is a reliable and efficient 4 pound machine-small enough to fit your office or home desk. The 7800 flatbed scanner provides appealing and sharp scans. The scans can be in color or black and white. Further, it has the TWAIN driver technology for creativity when applying filters to ensure outstanding images.
- Image Enlargement Technology: The TWAIN driver technology contributes to high-quality scans. It comprises color matching and color detection to ensure unmatched scans.
- High Resolution: This is a machine known for quality photos because of the 1200 dpi. When choosing a flatbed scanner, ensure high resolution for great results.
- Tag That Photo Technology: When purchasing the Visioneer 7800 scanner, ensure you have a one-year subscription to enjoy Tag That Photo. Tag That Photo is a tagging and facial recognition system to help you organize photo albums depending on the person or custom tags. With this software, you’ll keep all photos organized for easy searching.
- Performance: This machine performs so well as documents of multiple sizes. There are numerous cropping options to help you deal with each scan. In addition, you can have scanned in color or black and white.
- High resolutions
- High-quality scans
- Easy to use
- Tag a Photo technology
- Not compatible with MAC
4. VIISAN 3240 A3 Large Format Scanner
VIISAN 3240 is the best flatbed scanner you can use for excellent scanning of bills, invoices, forms, photos, books, magazines, artworks, newspapers, CAD drawings, and other large-format documents. It’s ideal for schools, graphic design shops, business work, and digital designing projects. Also, it comes with a high resolution for color depth.
Moreover, this machine is equipped with other standard features like; LED light source, Save Energy, No More Waiting, Auto-Scan Function, and many more. Further, it’s compatible with MAC and windows, and you can use it during multi-printing.
- High Resolution: The optical resolution of this machine is 2400 x 2400 dpi. For sure, the 48 color depth of its scan is unmatched. But, more, the high resolution realizes smoother and more colorful scans.
- Auto-Scan Function and No More Waiting Features: The auto-scan functions enable your scanner to scan immediately without determining if the lid is closed. This feature perfects continuous scanning while enhancing Save Energy, LED light source, No Warm-Up.
- Scanning Speed: VIISAN 3240 can take 4 seconds for A3 size. The good thing, it is designed for large format documents like newspapers, magazines, painting albums, artwork, photos, and digital publishing work.
- Design: Unlike some flatbed scanners, this device got a frameless design- to fit into your surface
- High resolution
- It’s a speedy scanner
- Can scan large format documents
- Auto-scan function
- Great design
- It is not Bluetooth enabled
5. HP ScanJet Pro 3500C f1 Flatbed Scanner (L2741A)
HP ScanJet 3500C is one of the great flatbed scanners that can scan, copy and e-mail images. Make the following functions fast and easy by using the One-touch buttons. Get this multipurpose machine for your home or office when scanning texts, graphics, 3-D objects.
Again, you can manage family photos for memories. You can use this machine with a transparency adapter for negatives and slides.
- Speed: HP ScanJet Pro 3500C is a speedy scanner that can produce 25pages in a minute. You can expect 3000 sheets in a day. Remember, it works the same during two-sided scanning.
- Performance: This flatbed scanner captures every page well because of the ultrasound sensor and HP on every page. Through the ADF, you can scan volumes of printed documents and images. Also, it is USB-enabled.
- High Resolution: The resolution rate of a scanner determines the quality of the scans. HP ScanJet is such a kind with 1200 dpi resolution. Therefore, it is best for sharp and clear images, and the texts are accurate. In addition, the Book Edge feature helps a lot when scanning books.
- LCD Control Panel: After setting up the one-button scan, you can use this LCD control panel to make a selection when scanning recurring tasks.
- Presence of the LCD control panel
- High resolution of 1200 dpi
- Fast and a reliable scanner
- Produces sharp images
- Two-sided scanning
- Not best for heavy-duty tasks
6. Plustek OpticPro A320L – A3 CCD Graphic Flatbed Scanner
If you are looking for a reliable scan that can act excellently on graphics, Plustek OpticPro A320L is the right choice. Well, it is such a machine for your artwork, gallery creation, designing film, and fabric design.
Moreover, it provides you with a resolution of 1600 dpi for color depth images. Again, this flatbed scanner is equipped with several essential features to increase the scanning capabilities.
- High Resolution: Get your extraordinary images using Plustek OpticPro A320L flatbed scanner. This is because of the super-resolution of 1600dpi. The high resolution assures you the loveliest photos with the CCD sensor.
- The Solution Provides: The scanning area of this scanner is 12 x 17″. This is why you can scan your essential format papers or A3-sized document. So, you should not worry if you want to check maps, magazines, large bound books, and even drawings.
- Easy Management of Files: Plustek OpticPro A320L comes with Doc Action helps you save your scanned document on different file formats. Still, you can post-scan destination with ease.
- Scanning Speed: It scans with 7.8 seconds for color/grayscale or black and white. You see, you can scan volumes within an hour. The good thing is, it’s compatible with software because of the TWAIN and WIA support.
- High scanning speed
- TWAIN and WIA support
- The scans are of high quality
- Can scan large format documents
- It only scans a particular color
7. Fujitsu fi-7280 High-Performance Flatbed Color Duplex Document Scanner
You can consider this device for your letter-sized scanning needs. Fujitsu fi-7280 is a compact-sized machine that can fit your small office. It scans at a rate of 80ppm and can load 80 sheets at once. Besides, it comes with additional utilities for better scanning o thick documents like books and magazines.
- Performance: The performance of this machine is unmatched. It is ideal for letter-sized documents at a speed of 80 ppm. Fujitsu fi-7280 is an efficient device that can load 80 sheets once. Again, you can scan thick documents because of the additional utilities.
- PaperStream ClickScan Software simplifies scanning, working with your workflow for extraordinary results. It’s a matter of pushing the scan button after placing your papers, and you will do everything.
- Function: You can use this flatbed scanner to scan taped receipts, sticky notes, labels while working on multi feeds.
- Skew Reducer Feature: This function ensures stable feeding, then the Paper Protection Function keeps your vital documents safe.
- Compact sized machine
- Excellent performance
- Additional utility for great results
- Allows stable feeding
- It’s a speedy flatbed scanner
- It doesn’t scan negatives
8. Plustek OpticSilm 2680h-High Speed Flatbed Scanner
As the name suggests, Plustek OpticSilm 2680h is a speedy scanner that can work well when scanning your images. With this device, you can organize your scanned documents to save time. Again, this machine can recognize 183 languages equipped with Optical Character Recognition.
You can also see the document’s background when scanning. For sure, you can scan multiple pages and save them in a single file format.
- High Speed: Convert your paper documents into a digital format within 3 seconds. Such a speed increases the scanner’s efficiency, and you can scan volumes of documents.
- Manage Scanned Documents: Using Plustek OpticSilm 2680h makes things easy when organizing your scanned files. You can use your prefix name to organize your digital files.
- Additional Functions: Check out the Copy function that helps you scan images directly to the printer. Meeting your applications is also easy using the Scan button function.
Some of the applications are; MS Paint and Adobe Photoshop. The PDF function is the best for converting images to text documents into PDF. Last is the custom function- using the basic feature set (PDF, Scan, OCR, Copy, File), you can conveniently scan your documents.
- Design: The compact design fits home use because it can occupy a small area. It also comes with TWAIN support for windows 7/8/10.
- Proper management of scanned documents
- Fast scanning
- Compact design
- Multi-pages scanning
- High resolution
- It can’t connect wirelessly
9. Plustek OpticPro A320E- A3 CCD Flatbed Scanner
Plustek OpticPro A320-A3 CCD is one of the celebrated flatbed scanners available in the market. They are professionally equipped with great features for large format scanning. With this machine, you can manage your digital files. This is because you can access post-scan destinations, the Windows Public Folder, scan-to-print, and FTP Web Folder. In addition, enjoy batch scanning and sure software compatibility.
- Large Format Scanning: Plustek OpticPro A320-A3 CCD comes with a 12″ x17″ scanning area. So, you can scan your A3-sized documents and large format files like newspapers, drawings, maps, and large bound books, not forgetting odd-shaped articles.
- File Management: Due to Doc Action, you can organize your scanned document into one searchable digital file. This is for quick access to Windows Public Folder, post-scan destination, scan-to-print, and FTP Folder.
- Multiple Scans: Consider A320 if you want to do various scanning of your printed documents. You can save your multiple scanned documents on multiple PDF files to MAC or your PC. You use the 5-button functions (OCR, file, scan, custom, copy).
- Compatibility: A320 can work with Windows, Linux, and Mac. Download the latest version from the Plustek website.
- 5-button functions
- Quality images
- Large format scanning
- Multiple scanning
- Easy scanned file management
- It doesn’t work with Windows XP
10. Epson DS-50000 Large-Format Document Scanner
Epson DS-50000 is a type of flatbed scanner best for canning printed documents. You can scan your large-size documents like maps, drawings, hardboard books, and many more if you have them. It’s a versatile scanner that can fulfill all sorts of scanning needs.
This flatbed scanner comes with productivity software to enhance productivity. The resolution is high, and the scanning speed is good.
- Large Format Scanning: This is a suitable device for dealing with large format documents like scanning maps, newspapers, hard-bound books, and more. You can scan a document that is 11.7″ x17″.
- Scanning Results: Using DS 50000, you can achieve excellent results. The 4-line CCD sensor is for vivid color and sharp images.
- Integration: Grab this machine equipped with TWAIN and ISIS drivers that enables software compatibility. It works perfectly for remarkable results.
- High Resolution and Scanning Speed: The 600×600 dpi resolutions are for sharp images. The scanning speed is 0.35 MSec/line.
- High resolution
- Excellent scanning speed
- Quality results
- Large-format scanning
- It doesn’t come with transparency backlight
Flatbed Scanner Buying Guide-Top Considerations
Buying the best flatbed scanner can be a challenge if it’s your first time. Don’t be haste- have time for research before you make any order. For the right pick, go through the below considerations.
Undoubtedly, having a financial plan is vital when purchasing a scanner. However, you do not have to break the bank in the name of owning a scanner. Always start with what you have. It would help if you considered the scanner’s price, speed, warranty, features, and size when checking on your budget. This will help you know what fits your budget and if your preferred scanner can solve your scanning needs.
Be Sure of Your Needs
You can’t buy a flatbed scanner that won’t serve you well—having in mind that flatbed scanners come in different sizes, offering a variety of functions. So be sure why you need the scanner to have the right choice.
When buying a flatbed, you are thinking of sharp images. Therefore, be keen on the resolution which determines quality scans. For example, consider a scanner with a minimum resolution of 600 dpi for quality scans when scanning documents. But if you need one for photos, the resolution must be 1200 dpi and above.
How Does the Flatbed Scanner Function?
First, it is advantageous to have a suitable flatbed scanner for unmatched results. This is how it works- a flatbed scanner comes with a glass surface where you place the object that needs to be scanned. Remember to face down the part you are scanning. After that, ensure you close the scanner using the above cover and press the scan button. Wait for the results now.
Which Technology is Used in a Flatbed Scanner?
Flatbed scanners come with an array of sensors that create an electrical charge when touched by light. This charge then converts into digital value to have a sharp image. This technology has worked in most flatbed scanners.
Are Flatbed Scanners Better?
Yes, they are the best with high scanning speed and high resolution
Which Technology is Used in the Flatbed Scanners?
Flatbed scanners use an array of sensors that uses light to create an electrical charge to scan images.
What are the Disadvantages of a Scanner?
They occupy ample space, and some can be very expensive
What is a Scanner Flatbed?
When using a flatbed scanner, this is the flat surface you place the document you want to scan
How Long do Flatbed Scanners Last?
It depends on the type of flatbed scanner and your workload
Choosing the best flatbed scanner can be hectic if you are a novice. Take time for research to gain intensive knowledge on the available flatbed scanning machines in the market. We hope the above top list and the buyer’s guide will be helpful for the right pick. Be keen on your budget and how the scanner performs.