Having a duplex scanner in your office can save you a lot of time and hassle. The best duplex scanner can scan both sides of a document simultaneously, making it much quicker and easier to get your documents scanned and into your computer.
There are several different duplex scanners on the market, so it can be tough to decide which one is right for you. If you want to know more about some of the best duplex scanners on the market, read this article.
Our Favorite Best Duplex Scanner
Leading 10 Best Duplex Scanner – Buying Guide
1. Brother DS-740D Duplex Compact Mobile Document Scanner
The 2.24-pound Brother DS-740D is the best duplex scanner for mobile use. It scans your document at a speed rate of up to 16 pages per minute and can scan both sides in just one pass. It also has different scanning features, including OCR, PDF creation, and email.
Features & Benefits
Fast speed: The duplex scanner printer can scan 16 pages per minute; for single and double-sided documents. The color scanning speed is also similar to document scanning.
Small and lightweight: The Brother DS-740D is small and light, making it easy to transport. It has a 1-foot length; therefore, you can carry it in your purse.
OCR: The function assists you with converting your scanned documents into editable formats.
Ready to use: The Brother DS-740D supports USB 3 cable. It becomes useful even when you do not have an outlet. You only need to plug it into your laptop and start the scanning.
- It supports Mac, Linux and Windows Operating systems.
- The duplex scanner comes with a PDF editor.
- It is a portable device to have.
- The scanner might take 4-5 seconds per page.
- Easy to use and produces good quality images.
- The slider might move fast while picking the paper size.
2. Fujitsu ScanSnap ix1500 Color Duplex Document Scanner
The Fujitsu ScanSnap ix1500 Colo Duplex Scanner is an excellent choice for businesses that need to scan large volumes of documents. It has a touch screen interface and can scan documents at speeds of up to 30 pages per minute. It also comes with many different scanning features, including simultaneously scanning both sides of a paper.
Features & Benefits
Touch screen: The Fujitsu ScanSnap ix1500 Colo Duplex Scanner has a touch screen interface, making it simple to use.
Fast speeds: The Fujitsu ScanSnap ix1500 Colo Duplex Scanner can scan with a speed rate of up to 30 pages in a minute. It will also save you much time when it comes to scanning large volumes.
Different formats: You can store your documents in various forms, including JPEG and PDF.
Broad connectivity: You can connect the Fujitsu ScanSnap ix1500 Colo Duplex Scanner to various devices, including WiFi, USB, and LCD Panel.
- The scanner has increased productivity.
- You can scan and upload your files to cloud services, including Google Drive or Dropbox.
- The scan speed is incredibly fast.
- It is easy to install and operate.
- You might not use it to scan your photos. It produces poor-quality images.
3. Fujitsu ScanSnap iX1600 Versatile Cloud-Enabled Document Scanner
The Fujitsu ScanSnap iX1600 is an excellent choice for businesses that need a versatile and cloud-enabled duplex scanner. It can scan documents at speeds of up to 25 pages per minute and supports four user licenses. It is an ideal choice for teamwork.
Features & Benefits
Cloud-enabled: The Fujitsu ScanSnap iX1600 is cloud-enabled, making it simple to scan and store documents online. You do not need a PC to connect to the cloud services.
Optimized user experience: The Fujitsu ScanSnap ix1600 has an intuitive touch screen and easy-to-use controls.
Friendly user interface: The ScanSnap Manager 7 software is user-friendly and straightforward. Even the non-tech-savvy individuals can work on the task with significant peace of mind.
Scan speed: The Fujitsu ScanSnap ix1600 can scan 25 pages within a minute. It will save you time when scanning large volumes of documents.
- It is pretty intuitive to use.
- The modern software available enables you to scan folders, emails, business cards and receipts.
- The duplex scanner printer is much reliable and faster.
- It has good connectivity to USB or WiFi.
- It is unsuitable for picture scanning.
4. Canon imageFORMULA R40 Office Document Scanner For PC and Mac
The duplex scanner with a document feeder has a design that quickly and fast scans your important papers. The Canon imageFORMULA R40 Office Document Scanner can convert your documents to digital formats so you can easily store and share them. Additionally, it offers a variety of features that will make your scanning experience better.
Features & Benefits
Scanner type: The Canon imageFORMULA R40 Office Document Scanner is a duplex scanner with a document feeder. It makes it easy to scan multiple pages at once.
High-quality scans: The Canon imageFORMULA R40 Office Document Scanner can scan documents at resolutions up to 600 dpi. It will ensure that your scans are of the highest quality.
Different scanning modes: The Canon imageFORMULA R40 Office Document Scanner offers different scanning modes such as color, grayscale, and black and white.
Supports multiple document types: The Canon imageFORMULA R40 Office Document Scanner supports various document types, including letters, receipts, and business cards.
- It is compatible with Mac and Windows.
- You can smoothly set up the scanner with a USB cable.
- It comes with the simple software Canon CaptureOnTouch that supports both Mac and Windows.
- The scanner assists in becoming organized.
- The scanner might have a steep learning curve at the beginning. You might get around things with time.
5. Brother Wireless High-Speed Desktop Document Scanner ADS-2700W
If you need a high-speed duplex scanner with wireless connectivity, the Brother Wireless High-Speed Desktop Document Scanner is an ideal choice. It has wireless connectivity so you can scan documents straight to your computer or smartphone.
Additionally, it supports duplex scanning and comes with some simple controls that will help you quickly get started scanning.
Features & Benefits
Versatile connectivity: The Brother Wireless High-Speed Desktop Document Scanner supports Ethernet, USB 2.0, or wireless connectivity so that you can scan documents to your computer or smartphone.
2.8” color touchscreen: The Brother Wireless High-Speed Desktop Document Scanner has a color touchscreen that makes it easy to control the scanner.
Multiple driver support: You can access the duplex scanner all in one printer on numerous devices, including Windows, Mac, and Linux.
High-speed scanning: The Brother Wireless High-Speed Desktop Document Scanner can scan documents at speeds of up to 35 ppm (pages per minute). It makes it a significant choice for scanning large volumes of records.
- It produces good quality outcomes and ensures fast document scanning.
- It is a network scanner.
- You might face less hassle when setting up and using the machine.
- It has stand-out features such as a touchscreen to make your scanning experience remarkable.
- The scanner might lack OCR.
6. Brother Wireless Document Scanner ADS-1700W
If you desire a duplex scanner for home and office use, Brother Wireless Document Scanner ADS-1700W is a well-fitting choice. It can scan documents quickly and easily with duplex scanning and wireless connectivity.
Additionally, it supports several document formats so that you can scan a variety of documents without any trouble.
Features & Benefits
Compact design and fast scanning speed: The Brother Wireless Document Scanner ADS-1700W is compact and lightweight. Plus, it can scan single and double-sided documents at speeds of up to 25 ppm.
Easy to share files: You do not need a computer or smartphone to access the scanned files; you can print, email, or save your scans directly from your smartphone or tablet using the free Brother iPrint&Scan app.
Optimizes images and texts: You can remove shadows and sharpen text and pictures with the auto image/document enhancement feature.
Good connectivity: The Brother Wireless Document Scanner ADS-1700W supports wireless 802.11b/g/n connectivity and comes with a built-in Ethernet port.
- Fast scanning speed with USB 3.0.
- It supports the direct storage of files on your computer.
- Easy connection to WiFi.
- It produces documents with good clarity.
- You cannot power the scanner with your computer.
7. Epson Workforce ES-200 Color Portable Document Scanner with ADF for PC and Mac
The portable duplex scanners include a one-step technology that automatically scans both sides of the document. It is easy to scan documents from sources, including books and magazines.
The duplex scanner with a document feeder can scan multiple document types, making it a versatile choice.
Features & Benefits
Convenient portability: The Epson Workforce ES-200 Color Portable Document Scanner with ADF for PC and Mac is lightweight and easy to carry with you. You might use AC or USB from your computer.
Versatile scanning: This duplex scanner can scan document types, including books, magazines, plastic IDs, and receipts.
Fast scanning: With a scan speed of up to 25 ppm (pages per minute), it is a pretty fast scanner for your documents.
Good connectivity: The duplex scanner has built-in wireless 802.11b/g/n connectivity.
Includes powerful software: The Epson ScanSmart software can preview your work and upload files to your email. Therefore, saving much time.
- It produces good-quality scans.
- The scanner has an elegant design and build.
- It is small and portable to carry around.
- The scanner pulls your papers fast. The unscanned documents might turn out crooked.
8. Brother DS-940DW Duplex and Wireless Compact Mobile Document Scanner
You can quickly scan the two sides of the documents with Brother DS-940DW Duplex and Wireless Compact Mobile Document Scanner. With a 3.6″ Color Touchscreen panel, you can operate the control comfortably.
Features & Benefits
Ultra-compact: The scanner is small to save your desk space, and you can easily carry it around with you.
Duplex scanning: The Brother DS-940DW Duplex and Wireless Compact Mobile Document Scanner can simultaneously scan both sides of a document.
Fast scanning: This duplex scanner scans documents at speeds of up to 16 ppm (pages per minute).
Driverless scanning: You can scan documents to your Mac, PC, tablet, or smartphone without installing any drivers.
iOS and Linux support: The Brother DS-940DW Duplex and Wireless Compact Mobile Document Scanner supports scanning to iOS devices and Linux environments.
- It scans your documents faster than you can imagine.
- The scanners produce high-end images.
- It supports JPG and PDF.
- The duplex scanner has long battery life. You can use it for at least 3 hours.
- It might not support some document types.
9. Epson Workforce ES-400 II Color Duplex Desktop Document Scanner for PC and Mac
The Epson WorkForce ES-400 II Color Duplex Desktop Document Scanner is a simple and intelligent choice for Windows, Mac, and mobile users. It is fast to multi-page documents through its high scanning speed of up to 35 pages per minute.
Features & Benefits
High quality: The powerful duplex document scanner produces exceptional text clarity and smooth gradations.
Versatile connectivity: You can scan documents to your computer, mobile device, or the cloud via a wireless network using the WLAN connection.
Easy sharing and collaboration: This duplex scanner can easily share and collaborate with others by scanning directly to your favorite cloud service.
Good software: The Epson Scan Utility makes it possible to enhance your scan quality. It also helps you send files straight from your scanner to the destination of your choice.
Brilliant color and image adjustment: The scanner’s color and image adjustment intelligence help ensure that your scans are always transparent and easy to read.
- It guarantees you a smooth scanning experience.
- An excellent scanner that is worthwhile the purchase.
- It scans your faster and optimizes your business operations.
- The scanner has a document feeder that holds your files and keeps them neat and organized.
- It has a user-friendly design for all users.
- The scanner is pricey.
10. Plustek PS186 Desktop Document Scanner with 50-pages Auto Document Feeder
The duplex scanner with a document feeder can store up to 50 pages at a time. Thus, you can scan as many as 50 pages per minute.
Features & Benefits
Dual-processor: The Plustek duplex scanner has an embedded high-performance dual-core processor for fast scanning from ADF and the flatbed.
Scanner driverless: You can quickly scan to your computer or mobile devices without the need for a scanner driver.
Good software: The Plustek MobileOffice offers a rich set of tools for scanning and converting documents on your iOS device.
Simple software installation: All you need is to connect the hardware, install the software and launch its driverless scanning application.
- It has high scan image quality.
- The scanner has a well-designed small footprint.
- It can scan both of your document sides simultaneously, with no delay.
- The scanner can ignore the blank pages and auto-crop those necessary.
- It is the cheapest duplex scanner that might suit your needs.
- The scanner might not be a good choice for scanning pictures.
Best Duplex Scanner Buying Guide
When buying a duplex scanner, there are some things that you should consider. The best way to choose a suitable scanner is by considering everything below:
Speed and Accuracy
The speed and accuracy of your scanner play a crucial role, especially if you’re going to use it in an office. The faster the scanner, the better it is for you if you’re going to scan large batches of documents.
Not all scanners are compatible with all devices, so you must check the compatibility of the scanner before buying it. Make sure that the scanner supports your operating system and devices.
The software is another consideration when buying a scanner. The software should come with great features and be easy to use—the better the software, the better the experience.
The price is, of course, an essential factor to consider. Be sure to compare prices before buying a scanner. You can check the prices on Amazon and Newegg for great deals on duplex scanners.
The image sensor is the device that scans documents. It would be best to look for a scanner with an image sensor to capture all colors on the paper’s dark and bright areas. It will lead to great-quality scans.
The resolution refers to the precision of the scanner. The higher the resolution, the better it is for scanning large documents. Check out the maximum supported resolution to know how much detail you can get from it.
Type of Document
Before buying a duplex scanner, consider the type of documents you will use. Different scanners are better for different types of documents.
ADF or Flatbed
The document feeder is a great feature to look for when buying a scanner. The ADF is a must-have if you need to scan large batches of documents. If you will only be scanning occasional documents, the flatbed scanner is enough.
The display feature helps in previewing the documents before scanning. It is a great feature to include if you want to ensure that the scanned copy is good.
The connector type is another thing to consider when buying a scanner. Most scanners come with USB connectors, but some come with Ethernet connectors. Make sure to get the connector type that matches your device.
What is a Duplex Scanner?
A duplex scanner is a printer that can scan both sides of a paper in one go. It saves time, ensures that you don’t miss anything, and makes scanning much more effortless.
Some of these scanners can scan at a rate of over 100 pages per minute, so they can quickly get through your documents.
There are many benefits to using a duplex scanner in your office:
- Saves time – as mentioned above, a duplex scanner can scan both document sides simultaneously, therefore, saving much time in your business.
- Ensures accuracy – a duplex scanner scans your document effectively and eliminates errors or missing information.
- Easier to use – most duplex scanners have a simple and easy to use design. They might come with manual instructions to get along and know how to operate the machine.
Which duplex scanner is right for me? There are multiple different duplex scanners on the market. Here are some of the best ones.
Do Scanners Scan Both Sides?
No, scanners only scan one side of the document at a time. Some scanners come with a duplex scanning feature that scans both sides of the paper, but it usually takes longer to scan both sides.
What Can Printers Do Duplex Scanning?
Several printers can perform duplex scanning. If you want to do duplex scanning, you need a printer with the ADF (Automatic Document Feeder) or automatic document feed feature. Some of the best scanners are in this duplex scanner review.
Is Duplex Scanning Important?
Duplex scanning is not necessary, but it can come in handy. If you need to scan large batches of documents, the duplex feature can be beneficial. Sometimes, there are errors when scanning single-sided documents, so having the duplex feature will help you eliminate problems.
Does Epson EcoTank Have Duplex Scanning?
No, Epson EcoTank does not have duplex scanning features. However, some Epson EcoTank printers come with duplex ADF scanners. If you need to scan large batches of documents, you might want to consider an Epson EcoTank printer with the ADF feature.
Does Epson ET 3760 Have Duplex Scanning?
The Epson ET 3760 does not have a duplex scanning feature. However, it does come with an automatic document feeder that can scan multiple pages at once.
The best Duplex scanners are handy, especially if you need to scan large file batches. Ensure that you get the right software, features, and compatibility before buying a duplex scanner.
The guide above should help you make the right decision when buying a duplex scanner.