These days, The best digital pens are a necessity for almost all students and professionals alike. The best digital pen enables you to take notes and draw diagrams which you can easily transfer to your computer or laptop. It’s an all-in-one device with a built-in camera and microphone to record lectures and meetings.
However, not all digital pens are the same. Before buying one, you’d want to consider factors like compatibility, programmability, durability, and price. In this review, we’ve also looked at the nib size, appearance, and functionality to create a list of ten digital pens that are worth every cent.
But if you don’t have time to read the review to the end, you can check our top pick–Digital Pen for Touch Screen. This digital pen is not fancy, nor is it costly. It’s compatible with any type of device you can find on the market.
Our Favorite Best Digital Pens
Top 10 Best Digital Pens Reviews- 2022
1. OOCLCURFUL Digital Pen for Touch Screen
Stylus digital pen for touch screen is the best digital pen you can find in the market today. This pen is compatible with iPhones and iPads, Samsung Galaxy Tab, S3, S4, and other devices. A 1.5mm tip makes it perfect for drawing on the iPad or iPhone using Procreate or Autodesk Sketchbook.
And it provides a more precise, realistic feel, making it a go-to for drawing and painting on a big screen. The Stylus digital pen doesn’t support Bluetooth, so its chances of lagging when drawing are slim. You can power it automatically with a press of a button and leave it inactive to power off automatically. You also have two primary shades to choose from black and silver black, depending on your preference.
- With a double-sided magnetic cap: the magnetic cap can be attached to both ends to offer maximum protection on both sides of the pen. It feels like a real pen, durable and practical.
- Precision and sensitivity: The touch-screen pen is transparent and thin, so it’s easy to see and point where you want it. Writing and drawing become smoother and more accurate.
- Universal Stylusstylus – compatible with all touch screens including iPhone, iPad, iPad Pro, iPad mini, cell phones, laptops, tablets, touch-screen computers, and Kindle.
- 2-in-1 design: One end is a disc-shaped pen, perfect for handwriting and sketching details. The other end has a sturdy fiber tip (like a finger, but more precise), perfect for casual use like scrolling and playing games.
- Interchangeable Nibs – Each of the two pens comes with four interchangeable disc nibs and two interchangeable fiber nibs. Both ends of the nib are interchangeable
- It turns off automatically after 30 minutes of inactivity
- Perfect for both drawing and painting
- Ease to use
- It is more precise
- Not durable
2. MENKARWHY Active Stylus Digital Pen
With a sleek design and two different, interchangeable pen tips, this active stylus pen is the best tool to use on your device. One end is a fiber tip which is excellent for scrolling and tapping. The other end is a 0.38 mm diameter tip you can use to create realistic creations.
With this stylus pen, you can precisely use your iPad or other touch screen devices. It is great for drawing and writing notes on tablets or smartphones. Plus, the package comes with an artist glove that allows you to rest your palm on the screen and prevent it from being detected.
Active Stylusstylus uses a Lithium battery that maintains its charge for 8-10 hours of uninterrupted use. It doesn’t support Bluetooth and powers ON automatically with a button press. 30-minutes of inactivity powers off the Active Stylus Pen.
- It has two tips: A 1.5 mm diameter and a fiber tip at both ends. The larger diameter tip provides a more accurate and realistic feel when creating. The fiber tip is ideal for tapping and rolling and protects the touch screen from fingerprints and smudges.
- Easy to use: The digital pen is activated with the push of a button and does not require a USB or Bluetooth connection.
- Palm comfort: The Artist Glove allows you to rest your hand on the screen without worrying about placing your palm on the capacitive screen. This solves the fatigue caused by holding the palm for long periods. The glove can be used with both hands.
- Auto-off function: The pen has an Auto-off function after 30 minutes, so it can be turned off when not in use.
- Precision and accuracy: The fine 1.5 mm copper nib enables precise and delicate work and provides the comfortable feel of a real pencil on paper. It is ideal for professional applications such as drawing and note-taking.
- Long battery life: the Active Pencil’s micro-charging USB port and built-in lithium-ion battery provide approximately 8-10 hours of continuous operation.
- Easy to use
- Perfect for writing, drawing, and sketching
- Pressure sensitivity and palm rejection
- Comfortable to use
- Long-lasting battery
- Not the most durable
3. HUION Battery Pen P68 Digital Pen Stylus
The HUION Battery Pen P68 is a battery-powered stylus for the Huion tablets and other pen displays. It has two customizable buttons that allow you to choose any shortcut function of your preference. With just one AAA battery, it keeps the charge for about 10-12 hours of uninterrupted use.
You can find a button design on the top of the pen to switch On/Off. There is a penholder on the back of the Stylus you can use to attach the Stylusstylus to your tablet with a pen clip. Additionally, a unique dual function hotkey allows you to switch between pen and eraser modes.
- AAA battery – The pen has an AAA battery, so you don’t have to worry about leaking or dead batteries because they are long-lasting.
- Two customizable pen buttons – Set the features you want, such as the eraser, to increase efficiency. Palm rejection on either side of the pen reduces touch frequency for more efficient creativity.
- Compact and easy to carry: t has a sleek, compact design with an active area that provides ideal creative space when your desk is limited. It is easy to carry and use anywhere and anytime.
- It is equipped with a long-lasting AAA battery
- Ease to operate
- It is designed using Huion Electromagnetic Digitizer
- It does not work on PC, phones, iPads, Computer, Screen, and tablets
4. Wacom Standard Nibs for Digital Pro Pen 2
Are you struggling to navigate your way around a touch-screen device? The Wacom pen is your Stylus for the job. This little piece of technology fits into the palm of your hand, making it easy to navigate your way through pages on your iPad, iPhone or Kindle Touch.
The Wacom pen is compatible with all touch-screen devices, from the Apple iPad 1 and 2 to the iPhone, Kindle Touch, and Samsung Galaxy. It’s also 100 percent compatible with Mac computers and PC and Linux operating systems.
The Wacom pen is available in five colors: white, pink, blue, green, and black. It uses batteries that are included in the package. It’s also easy to use — just plug it into your device’s audio jack, and you’re ready to go.
- The pen has no battery and gets its energy from the display via Wacom’s EMR (Electro-Magnetic Resonance) technology, so it doesn’t need to be recharged.
- Another nifty feature is that the pen is both right- and left-handed; it has two buttons configured in the Wacom Desktop Center. Depending on how often you use it, you can select the best settings for your workflow.
- Easy to use: With such a simple device and no buttons on the tablet, it is easy to get started. Once you have installed and configured the tablet, just plug it in and start drawing as if you were using a pen and paper.
- Great experience: The pen’s smooth surface is perfect for drawing, and it even comes with a dotted guide to help you easily navigate the path you’re drawing
- The pen provides accurate results.
- Pressure-sensitive tips
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- Easy to use
- It comes in 5 colors
5. DOGAIN Active Stylus Pen
Stay ahead of the competition with the DOGAIN Active Stylus Pen. This pen is designed for almost any touch screen device, from tablets, smartphones, iPads, iPods, to smart TVs. Right from the word go, you’ll find a 5200 mAh battery that recharges in only 60 minutes and retain the charge for 8 hours of uninterrupted use. And an auto-off function shuts the system off whenever it stays idle for 30 minutes.
DOGAIN Active Stylus Pen offers you a natural writing and drawing experience that gives you the best performance with a long time wearing. Overall, the pen weighs 16.8 g and measures 178mm for a comfortable hold. It achieves up to 10,000 Line Per Inch, making it the best active stylus pen for artists, teachers, students, and journalists.
- Easy to use: You need to press a button to open the pencil case. It fits snugly in your hand for writing and drawing and does not require the use of Bluetooth.
- Ergonomic design: You don’t have to press too hard with its lightweight and sensitive features. The stylist Pen is ergonomic and precise, making it ideal for writing, drawing, and playing on an iPad or other devices.
- Wide compatibility: The stylus is designed for most touch screen devices such as iPads, iPhones, Android, and other smartphones. Its wide compatibility is highly appreciated by artists, teachers, students, engineers, etc.
- Long battery life: The device has a built-in battery that lasts for several days, depending on how often you use it. Additionally, this rechargeable pen has an innovative power-saving feature. As it automatically turns off after 15 minutes to save battery power.
- Easy to use
- It is equipped with a built-in battery
- Perfect for students, teachers, artists, and journalists
- Compatible with most of the devices
- Fitted with an auto-shutdown function
- No pressure sensitivity
6. SOCLLLife‘s Active Stylus Digital Pen
The Active Stylus Digital Pen for Touch Screens is a brand-new stylus specially designed for your touch screen devices. It’s capable of working with iPad, iPad Pro, iPhone, Galaxy, and other Android tablets, smartphones, or even laptops.
A super-fine and sensitive tip makes this pen a remarkable piece for drawing on touch-screen devices without leaving marks or scratches. And, it gives users a chance to work with two tips. The 1.45mm ultra-fine copper tip gives you accuracy and control when drawing. The other is a mesh tip that doesn’t require power and can be used without electricity. Both ends have the same thickness and sensitivity level. Added to the ergonomic design and 30 minutes auto-off, this is the pen you need for bulky, daily chores.
- 2 nibs in the pen: the ultrafine 1.5 mm tip in the head and the fiber tip at the end of the pen. Even if the nib is off, you can still work with the fiber tip.
- Sensitivity and accuracy: 1.45mm fine copper nib and sensitive technology for better precision and compatibility, comfortable writing, and drawing.
- Long battery life: the pen runs on battery power and supports 8 hours of use and 30 days of standby time on a single charge.
- Auto power-off function: the charging time is 40 minutes; the pen automatically turns off after 30 minutes of inactivity, saving battery power.
- Precision 1.45mm tip for greater accuracy.
- 30 days of continuous standby time
- LED indicator
- 2-in-1 copper and mesh tips
- No pressure sensitivity
7. Livescribe Symphony Smartpen Digital Pen
If you’re looking for a smartpen that combines the ease of writing with paper with an audio-recording support function, then Livescribe has your back. With the Livescribe+ app, you can record audio while writing or draw on Livescribe paper directly from your device. You can also turn your handwritten notes into text, so they’re searchable and easy to find.
The most impressive feature is the instant sync function. Through it, your recordings sync directly with OneNote, Dropbox, and Evernote, allowing an easier organization, sharing, and storage of your notes. So, if you intend to share recorded lectures or class materials, you simply press the sync button to send the notes via email, Facebook, or Twitter. This high-tech pen also comes with an instant search function that allows you to find any item you need with a press of a button.
- Wide compatibility: This pen is compatible with many devices, including Android, iOS, macOS, and Windows. You can take it with you to meetings and conferences.
- You can transcribe up to 27 languages. With this pen, you can transcribe up to 27 languages through the app. This way, you won’t waste your time on Google Translate.
- Ease of use: What’s more, Symphony can convert your notes into text at the touch of a button. There is no need to type again. All you have to do is press the edit button and watch the pen move.
- Livescribe App: This pen works magic when paired with the Livescribe App. It can display handwritten and editable text to help you find what you’re looking for—no more scribbling and scrolling.
- Extra features: Other notable features include sharing pages within the app. This feature allows you to share documents in PDF, DOCX, PNG, and SVG formats. There is also an auto-send feature that will enable you to save your notes to the cloud.
- You can transcribe notes in 27 languages
- Synchronize your notes with the Livescribe+ app or preferred cloud service
- It comes with interchangeable ink cartridges and a mini notepad
- It can only be used with Livescribe Microdot paper
- Users have reported minor issues with Bluetooth pairing
- Notebook and cartridges are sold separately.
8. EVACH Active Stylus Digital Pen
A common issue with most stylus pens on the market is that they are too hard to write. Most brands cause the hand to ache with a few minutes of writing, and that’s where this stylus pen comes in. The Amazon 2-in-1 Active Stylus Pen has a soft rubber tip that glides smoothly over your tablet’s touch-screen, providing a more comfortable writing experience.
It is compatible with all capacitive touch devices as it does not scratch the screen. It also works with Amazon Kindle, iPhone, iPad, Samsung Galaxy Note, and many other smartphones and tablets. On workmanship, this pen only weighs 13.3g. The package also includes a lithium battery that lasts 8 hours of uninterrupted use. You can use the pen at a slight inclination, and it won’t offer any resistance, just the same way you work with a real pen.
- A 2-in-1 pen: a durable 1.5mm copper tip for drawing and writing and a mesh tip for versatile uses like scrolling and highlighting text.
- Long-lasting battery: The long battery life means you can work forever without worrying about frequent charging.
- Precise control unit: locking the nib allows for more precise control on your tablet or phone screen. Drawing and writing are not as complicated as using a real pen.
- Compatibility: compatible with most touch screen devices, works like the Apple Pencil, iPhone Pen for iPad, iPad Pros, Samsung Pen for tablets and phones, with almost the same functionality as the Apple Pencil and Android tablet at a lower price.
- Ease of use
- Universal compatibility
- Bright full charge indicator
- Super-fast charging speed
- Battery life could be better
9. Tesha Digital Pen Active Stylus
If you are looking for a digital pen stylus for your ASUS Transformer, this is the best digital pen. It offers 1024 levels of pressure sensitivity; it’s easy to use and gives you the best experience possible. For example, if you need thicker lines, you will press the pen harder. Conversely, if you need thinner lines, you apply lighter strokes.
This stylus pen has integrated software that allows you to draw and paint with your fingers on an Android device or tablet. It is extremely versatile and gives you more options when choosing a stylus. The Stylusstylus also has an ergonomic design which makes it comfortable and easy to use. You will also find a ballpoint pen, a capacitive stylus pen, and two refills you need to begin your journey.
- 1024 Pressure Sensitivity: Adjust the line width by increasing or decreasing the pressure, allowing you to create shadows and more detail. This will enable you to browse the web more freely and easily, take notes, watercolor drawings, and sketches and make notes on documents.
- Longer life: the pen uses a high-capacity AAA battery instead of a built-in battery, so it doesn’t need to be recharged often.
- Natural writing: This pen allows natural writing, on paper, without delays, enabling comfortable writing and drawing.
- Palm Offset Technology: this pen-stylus with palm offset function allows you to rest your hand on the screen while writing or drawing for natural, smooth writing.
- 1024 pressure sensitivity
- Easy to use
- The stylus feels like an actual pen
- Long-lasting rechargeable battery
- Not durable
10. Huion P68 Battery Digital Pen
The Huion P68 battery digital pen has a large work area of 8″ x 6″. This means you can use it to do your projects without any limitations. It also comes with a 2048 pressure sensitivity level, making it possible for users to create more accurate drawings.
At the top are two buttons. The first is an on-off button that allows you to save energy when the pen is inactive or in sleep mode. The second button is for customizing the functions.
You will not have issues related to its performance and functionality over time since it was designed with a high standard of quality in mind. Plus, it only weighs 0.03 lbs and has ergonomic designs for stress-free work.
- Programmed buttons: You can scroll through documents and web pages by pressing the center button of the digital pen in the tablet’s work area, making it suitable for both right- and left-handed users.
- The buttons can be programmed for specific functions, such as pressing the right or left mouse button, just like a wireless mouse. You can also scroll through documents and web pages by pressing the middle digital pen button in the tablet’s work area, which is suitable for both right- and left-handed users.
- Ergonomic design: the lightweight, non-slip design provides a comfortable grip that won’t fatigue after prolonged use so that you can use this digital drawing pen just like a natural pen on paper.
- Precise and natural: The P68 wireless digital pen features advanced electromagnetic digitizer technology that allows the pen to glide more precisely and smoothly.
- 2,048 levels of pressure sensitivity and perfect response allow you to draw smoothly on the Huion graphics tablet.
- Easy to use
- Compatible with 2048 pressure sensitivity Huoin pen graphics tablets
- 2 programmable buttons
- Ergonomic design
- Adopts electromagnetic digitizer technology
- Not compatible with Wacom graphic tablet, screen, phone, and iPad.
Buying Guide for Best Digital Pens
Before you buy anything, you need to consider all the factors related to the product you are looking for. So here I present all the essential factors before buying the best digital pen.
Data collection as a process has evolved alongside the development of technology. Archiving, sharing, and important editing information has always been necessary for users.
Digital pens allow you to write something when a laptop or tablet is entirely inappropriate.
Of course, you need a device with good battery life. This is probably one of the most important factors to consider when buying a digital pen. Many digital pens have 5 to 10 hours or even longer battery life. Make sure you use your pen intensively and charge it according to the instructions.
Before you buy a digital pen, you need to decide what purpose you need it. Do you need a digital pen to draw pictures, write simple text, or edit photos to add details to any text or photo?
It is also essential that the digital pen is connected to a dedicated wired notepad. Unfortunately, not all digital pens are versatile, so you need to determine what you need and how much you can afford.
Types of Digital Pens
Two types of digital pens differ fundamentally in how they work. The first is based on an optical principle. These pens process what is written with the help of a sensor or a camera built directly into the pen.
They work only in conjunction with special paper that has been manufactured accordingly. They can be created with a normal laser printer.
The second principle is based on a coordinated mode of operation. In this case, the pin is connected to a receiver that “catches” the pen’s movements, stores the data, and sends it to a smartphone.
It is always beneficial to have a tool or device that is comfortable to touch and hold. Therefore, you should choose a digital pen with an ergonomic design so that you will not get tired while working with it.
An ergonomic digital pen will give you pleasure and ensure your productivity at work. A smartpen may look beautiful, but it is useless if it is not easy to use.
Any pen should be comfortable. The size and weight of the pen are essential criteria. They affect the efficiency of your work. After all, writing with a big, heavy pen can be tiring.
But we must admit that a device with so many functions and so much technology inside cannot be small.
The more sensitive a digital pen is, the more likely it is to accurately capture every word you write and send it immediately to your smartphone or computer. The digital pen will work slower and not transcribe what you write if the sensitivity is poor.
Thanks to the desktop software, you can transfer all your information and documents to the device and ensure that everything is safely stored in the cloud.
The Operating System
It’s best to use a digital pen compatible with both iOS and Android operating systems. In the unlikely event that your phone or laptop changes, you can continue to use your digital pen.
How to Use a Digital Pen?
Do you often attend meetings, lectures, or other events where you need to write something down by hand? Imagine that all your notes will be not only handwritten but also digital. Immediately and without further action. A unique base unit tracks the movement of the pen and stores the written letters in the device’s memory.
You can also make drawings, draw tables, or charts by hand – they will be saved in jpg format. All data recorded in the memory of the electronic pen can easily transfer to a computer or laptop. Now vital information written down on paper will never be lost. Convenient. A special indicator will tell you when the device needs to charge. In addition, the pen is so stylish that it is a pleasure to use it.
How Does a Digital Pen Work?
The base unit, installed on paper, consists of an infrared receiver and special ultrasonic sonars. They track the movement of the rod with an error of up to several millimeters. At this time, all information is converted into the required formats, after which it can transfer to your digital media.
But that’s not all! The pen can use as a mouse, i.e., to move the cursor around the screen. And do not worry that the pen will not recognize handwriting if it is not perfect. After all, this is not just a writing utensil but an actual “smart” device!
The best digital pens work in conjunction with a special application. How does this happen? When you record something, this information is stored not only in digital form. You will also have a video of the recording process itself at your disposal, which can use as a video lecture.
Or to review when and what kind of records you kept. The application is very easy to use, and its installation takes a few seconds. Try to look at the usual process of keeping records in a new way!
What is the difference between a stylus and a digital pen?
A stylus is a small stick made of metal or plastic with a special silicone or capacitive tip. Styluses can be used to select menu items, draw, write notes, sign documents, and more. On the other hand, the best digital pen is a unique device that converts handwritten text into digital. Having made any critical notes or drawings, you automatically receive them digitally.
What kind of pen is used for digital art?
A digital pen is used along with digital paper to capture, store, and transfer handwritten notes to a computer. A ballpoint pen, an infrared camera, a processor, a data memory, and a battery are integrated into the pen.
Are smart pens worth it?
Yes. They look like ordinary pens, but there are refills with paint and sensors with microcircuits that allow you to recognize handwritten text on the fly inside. Written notes immediately appear on your smartphone or computer. The pen can text the app or store notes in memory. Some models require special paper that can be printed on a conventional printer.
What is a digital pen?
The digital pen is an input device that captures the user’s handwriting, converts handwritten analog information created with “paper and pen” into digital data, and then uses that data for various purposes. This type of pen is usually used in conjunction with a digital notebook, although the data may also be used for other applications or simply as a graphic.
What is the cost of a digital pen?
For a digital pen, the cost is determined by the presence or absence of a sensor, and the driver needs to pair the pen with the cell phone and the charging technology. It is not just a stylus but a complete accessory that enhances the functionality of your smartphone. That’s why it costs more.
What is a Lenovo Digital Pen?
The Lenovo pen is a tool designed to provide precise and comfortable input to an electronic device such as a computer, tablet, or phone using the display.
A digital pen is an indispensable tool for digitizing handwritten notes and drawings. The best digital pens also greatly enhance the browsing and surfing of the Internet.
Among the many options available, this digital pen stands out. It offers a combination of innovative features at different price points to meet individual needs and budgets.
When choosing the best digital pens, make sure it’s compatible with your device and operating system.
Also, check the battery life and make sure the pen is right for your needs.