Are you looking for the best string silencers for compound bows? If you are a recreational shooter then the bowstrings can also be annoying and if you are a hunter then noisy strings aren’t welcome. Sometimes it is too much to use very noisy ones. If you want to make your string silent, then you should choose it carefully while thinking about material, sound, and most of all – installation.
Obviously, you don’t want your bow to sound like an instrument that makes noise affecting both your shooting and hunting targets. As there is a solution to get rid of this unwanted sound, because there are many brands that offer great ring silencers and come in various types, simple installation procedures and others demand extra effort. It is the simplest and most effective change to insert the best bowstring silencers into your bow.
let’s look at our in-detail review with specifications.
Editor’s Pick-Compound Bow String Silencers
Pine Ridge Archery Wishbone String and Cable Dampener, 14 Grains, Noise, and Vibration Reducer,...
|9.3||Buy on Amazon|
TOPARCHERY 2 Pair Bow String Whiskers Silencers Reduce String Noise Recurve Bow Black for Recurve...
|9.8||Buy on Amazon|
Bowjax SlipJax String Silencers Black 4 pk.
|9.5||Buy on Amazon|
Bowjax 1036 Ultra Bow Jax II Dampener-Pack of 4 (Black)
|9.8||Buy on Amazon|
Bowjax Ultra Jax I String Silencer FLO Green 4/PK
|9.8||Buy on Amazon|
Best Compound Bow String Silencers Reviews
1. TOPARCHERY Otter Hide Bow String Silencer One Pair
TOPARCHERY Otter Hide Bow String Silencer One Pair
- [SIZE & WEIGHT]: 7.87" (20cm) fully extended, Weight: 3g. It won't make your string seem bulky with the string silencer installed. Great archery accessories. The length as around 5.5” to 5.9” when enwind onto the bow string.
- [SELECTED MATERIAL]: Made of rex rabbit fur, large amount of fur, obvious shock absorption effect, holds up well in all kinds of weather. Otter vibration dampener is suitable for recurve bows, hunting bows and traditional bows.
- [ATTRACTIVE LOOK]: Fluffy and soft rex rabbit fur, thread them neatly and symmetrically around the string for a beautiful look. Includes a pair of string silencers to install on the upper and lower part of the bowstring.
- [EASY INSTALLATION]: There are two forms of text and video to show you the installation steps in detail. Beginners don't have to worry! We have a professional service team, please feel free to contact us with any questions.
- [BOW STRING SILENCER]: Are you still bothered by your bow string noise? TOPARCHERY bow string silencer does a good job of suppressing bow string sound, can effectively reduce the noise caused by the vibration of the bows tring, and enhance your archery fun.
The bowstring silencer is made from genuine otter hide with a simple single loop design. It attaches via the nock at the end of your bow and creates a soft, pleasant click as it touches your hand when you release an arrow. You’ll also notice less “twang” noise as the string vibrates after releasing an arrow.
Toparchery’s string silencers are designed to absorb the vibration of your bow string and make shooting more pleasant while reducing noise. They are made from rex rabbit fur, which offers a large amount of shock absorption.
Carbon Fiber string
This bow string silencer is made of 100% real genuine deer fur, the color may vary from picture shown. It will help to reduce noise on your bowstring, especially when hunting. This bow string silencer can be installed onto your bow’s Dacron string or Carbon Fiber string and it will fit most compound or recurve bows. It won’t make your string seem bulky with the string silencer installed.
2. I-Sport Otter Dampener Bow String Silencer 1 Pair
I-Sport Otter Dampener Bow String Silencer 1 Pair
- Package:1 pair of Bow String Silencer
- Natural black and white color
- String Accessories,used on the bow string to Vibration Dampener when you are shooting
- Lightweight, long lasting, Otter string silencer that works on all bows in all kinds of weather.
Lightweight, long lasting, Otter string silencer that works on all bows in all kinds of weather. String Accessories,used on the bow string to Vibration Dampener when you are shooting 1 pair of Bow String Silencer.
This is a string silencer with adorable and unique hand-made animal shape, to make your bow look more interesting. The string silencer is made of genuine leather, not only protect the bow string while shooting, but also make a beautiful decorations on the bow.
Dampening the Vibration
The world’s first and original bow string silencer. Save you from the pain of fingers by dampening the vibration caused by releasing the bowstring, reduce noise caused by vibration. The design of holes make it possible to reduce the maximum shock caused when shooting your bow, it also can extend the life of your equipment. By using this product, you don’ need to wear any glove or tape anymore.
Recurve or Longbow
The I-Sport Otter Dampener is designed to be placed on the bow string of any recurve or longbow. Using vibration absorbers, the Otter Dampener helps reduce string vibration after the arrow has been released which makes shooting more comfortable and enjoyable.
3. TOPARCHERY 2 Pair Bow String Whiskers Silencers Reduce String
TOPARCHERY 2 Pair Bow String Whiskers Silencers Reduce String Noise Recurve Bow Black for Recurve Compound Bow
- It's great string maintenance accessories.
- Designed to reduce vibration and noise, protect your bow string.
- Package including: 2 pairs
- Special whisker shape reduces string noise.
- Ultra lightweight and Durable, easy to tie on
TOPARCHERY 2 pairs bow string whiskers silencers reduce string noise, specially designed to attach to the bow string and protect it from damage during shooting. They are very lightweight and durable, while not affecting the performance of your bow. The whisker design reduces string noise.
Bow String Whiskers
Protect your bow string and add a touch of style with our Bow String Whiskers. They’re designed to reduce vibration and noise, protect your bow string, and come in a rainbow of colors. Ultra lightweight and durable, they easily slip onto a loop on your sight or release.
String Noise and Vibrations
The Toparch Bow String Whiskers Silencers reduce bow string noise and vibrations, thus increasing accuracy. Featuring a special whisker shape, these silencers are designed to fit most popular archery bows.
4. Bowjax 1036 Ultra Bow Jax II Dampener-Pack of 4 (Black)
Bowjax 1036 Ultra Bow Jax II Dampener-Pack of 4 (Black)
- Reduces noise and vibration by surrounding the string with dampening material;Bow does not lose velocity;Weight: 19 grains
The BowJax Bow-Jax Ultra II Dampener prevents string vibrations from reaching your bow’s riser, resulting in quieter and more comfortable shooting. This dampener works with all bows and stabilizers, and requires a bow press for installation so there’s no need to have any extra tools laying around.
Bowjax Ultra Bow Jax II Dampeners reduce noise and vibration felt by the bow hunter’s hand, resulting in a smooth draw cycle. Engineered to fit most modern compound bows and crossbows, these dampeners surround the string with flexible dampening material that absorbs noise and vibration as you draw your bow. Designed for easy application and removal, pack of four.
5. String Silencer Bow Noise Recurve Bow String Whiskers Silencers Noise
String Silencer Bow Noise Recurve Bow String Whiskers Silencers Noise Cancelling for Recurve Compound Bow (4)
- Sufficient amount: you will receive 4 pieces of bow string silencers, enough to meet you various needs on quantity, so you are allowed to share them with your friends and family members
- Easy to store: string silencer owns a light and small size, only taking up a little space, serving as good accessory to keep your bowstrings
- Easy to install: you can easily install this bow string whiskers silencers to the bowstring with a rope, you don't have to ask for help from other tools
- Noise reduction: string silencer performs well in reducing the vibration and noise of the string, efficaciously keeping the bowstring and prolonging its using time
- Quality material: bow string whiskers silencers is made of quality rubber material, which is good at toughness and durability, aiming to serve you for a long time
The string silencer is a new kind of product used to protect the bowstring, when installing string silencer onto the bowstring, it will greatly reduce the vibration noise when shooting. The Silencer is constructed with polyurethane and rubber material, which helps to protect the bowstring from wearing out due to friction between arrows and bowstring. It also can prevent different characteristics of different bowstrings vibrating together, resulting in more accurate shooting.
Long Time Usage
This string silencer is designed for the recurve bow and compound bow. The silicone material can protect the bow string from being scratched and damaged for long time usage. A set of 4 silencers are provided, enough to meet your various needs on quantity, so you are allowed to share them with your friends and family members.
High Quality Material
string silencer is a kind of accessories, which works well in reducing the vibration and noise of the string. It is made of high quality material and durable enough to prolong the using time of your bowstring
Things to Consider While Looking For Best Compound Bow String Silencers
When looking for a silencer for your noisy string of bow, think about everything before purchasing one. Silencers are available from a variety of brands, each with its own material, quality, price, and other features. You should consider the material’s excellent quality, vibrating or noisy qualities, and ease of installation.
Type of Material
You can use a suppressor if your bowstring is producing noise. However, before purchasing a silencer, confirm the material kind.
Synthetics are currently popular due to their resemblance to animal fur without the need for one. Animal fur ball strips, on the other hand, are excellent silencers and are utilized in traditional archery if you don’t mind using animal products.
Rubber string silencers, on the other hand, come in a range of forms and sizes, as well as synthetic whiskers. These work well, but they don’t last as long as the others.
Noises or Vibrations
The use of a silencer serves a significant role in reducing noise and vibration while pulling the string of the bow to shoot. You should assess the quality of decreasing noise and vibration in a silencer before purchasing one; otherwise, your silencer will be useless and a waste of money.
In general, if you’re a competitive archer, you should prioritize vibration reduction, whereas noise reduction is critical for hunting. Choose the best option for you depending on your needs and interests.
Installation is simple.
A string silencer can be tough to install for someone who isn’t a professional. There are several different types of silencers, some of which are simple to install and others that are difficult.
Removing and reattaching the bow silencer on a compound bow by yourself might be challenging. It’s advisable to choose one that’s straightforward to install and doesn’t involve removing the bowstring unless you have the requisite skills and knowledge. It’s also quicker than the previous way.
The quality of a string silencer is critical since there will be no benefit to you if the product is of poor quality. The quality of the silencer must be taken into account. You should check the quality to see if it’s a good product, and then determine whether or not to acquire a bowstring silencer based on your findings.
Following up on the installation, a good silencer means you won’t have to replace it as often. Consider compound bows once more, and how annoying it will be to have to remove and reattach the bowstring every few weeks to replace the silencer.
Frequently Asking Question
What Is Best Compound Bow String Silencer?
Broadband Dampener for Solid Limb Compound Bows from LimbSaver. The LimbSaver Broadband Dampener for Solid Limb Compound Bows is perhaps the most user-friendly silencer available. It’s little, it’s effective, and it’s available in a variety of colors.
Are Bow String Silencers Worth It?
String noise can be reduced by up to 90% with the Bowjax String Silencers. This increases your chances of landing a good initial shot at your target. As you shoot with these on, you’ll notice a significant change in the noise level. These small little silencers will do a lot more than just keep your bow quiet.
What Is The Fuzzy Thing On A Bow String?
It’s known as a whisker biscuit, and it’s a type of arrow rest. The bristles support the arrow while also allowing the fletching to flow through with little resistance.
Do String Silencers Affect Speed?
Yes, you will lose speed, but not enough to change your 30-yard trajectory. If you shoot beyond that often, you may see a difference as 60x mentioned, there are many other elements to consider, but the truth remains that adding “silencers” to your string will reduce speed.
How Does A Bow String Silencer Work?
Bow The vibration of the string is dampened by the string silencer. Bowstring silencers are connected between the layers of string thread to prevent friction between them. It works in this manner.
The bowstring silencer is a device that is used to reduce the vibration and sound produced by a bowstring when it is released. This can be achieved by attaching the silencer to a limb or using a stabilizer that contains an internal silencer attached to an arm.
Bowstring dampeners or moose callers are also a type of synthetic string silencer, but they are not strictly legal in some states, or they may not be allowed during bowfishing contests. Overall, we found three different types of dampeners on the market and tried them all out so that we could recommend the best bow string silencers for you.