To say that the “best benchtop metal bandsaw” is a tricky task, even for real experts. In fact, it can be so tricky that most people just go to their local tool store and pick up whatever they see first. But this is not something you should be doing when looking for the perfect benchtop metal bandsaw for your workshop.
Our Top Pick:
A bandsaw is a tool used for cutting circles and curves from sheets of metal, wood, and other materials that are too thick to cut with scissors. Band saws are always used while they are moving forward and they do not shift directions. Due to the blade moving forward in the same direction, it gets stuck when plungers try to produce shapes on a vertical wall (or ceiling).
Buying Guide of Best Benchtop Metal Bandsaw
In general, users will enhance their skills when using band saws. Cutting of metal, brass, and aluminum are all included in this service. The basic minimum requirements have been met. There are, however, two significant aspects that one needs to bear in mind at all times. A table with a frame made of steel or cast iron is included in the package. There will be no vibrations experienced while the mobility, vertical, or horizontal rip positions are provided.
The wheel is the most crucial part of the assembly. In this particular setting, manipulating a saw is analogous to working with a ripper. It’s possible that the wheels with the larger weight can create more consistent cutting. Those constructed of aluminum, on the other hand, do not qualify.
It is really necessary to keep this in mind when working with a tabletop bandsaw. The amount of power that anything possesses can be measured in horsepower. There is a discernible split in opinion regarding the HP. It is the smallest of them all, with the exception of the largest one, which is much larger. You are unable to make use of it either.
Knife and Fork Grips
It might be really dangerous if you don’t get the positioning of the two blades just correct. The practice of cutting to a particular angle is not permitted either.
Objects that can be used to shield oneself from potential danger
The more secure a saw is, the larger the demand there is for it. The fabrication of metal band saws follows a specific set of guidelines. Kickbacks should be avoided in favor of continuous cuts in a single direction. As a consequence of this, the costs that are associated with the models are more than justified.
Top 9 Best Benchtop Metal Bandsaw Reviews
1. WEN BA4555 5-Inch Metal-Cutting Benchtop Bandsaw
WEN BA4555 5-Inch Metal-Cutting Benchtop Bandsaw
- Cut pipes up to 5 inches in diameter or rectangular materials up to 5 x 4-7/8 inches in size
- Backed by a two-year warranty
- Adjust the blade speed anywhere from 125 to 260 feet per minute for compatibility with a variety of metals
- Beveling blade helps create cuts anywhere from 0 to 60 degrees
- Compact design makes for easy storage and transportation
The WEN 5-inch Metal-Cutting Benchtop Bandsaw makes easy work of brass, aluminum, copper and more. Cut pipes up to 5 inches in diameter or rectangular materials up to 5 x 4- 7/8 inches in size. The compact design is easy to transport and store, giving you access to a powerful and rugged machine at both the job site and at home.
Powered by a 2HP motor, variable speed operation allows for blade rotation anywhere from 125 to 260 feet per minute to help ensure the perfect cut on a variety of sizes and materials. The onboard vise provides a firm grasp on your workpiece. Combine this with the beveling blade to create angled cuts anywhere from 0 to 60 degrees. You can also make circular cuts up to 3 1/8 inches in diameter for circular materials and 3 1/8 x 3 15/16 inches for square materials.
2. POWERTEC BS900 Benchtop Bandsaw
POWERTEC BS900 9 Inch Benchtop Bandsaw
- Includes: (1) BS900 110 Volt 9” band saw, (1) miter gauge and (1) 1/4” x 62 inch band saw blade
- Special features: patented blade guard adjustment for quick and easy blade replacement, A blade tracking window, and a 2” dust port that keeps work area clean and clear from dust
- Power: band saw has a 2. 5 amp motor – perfect for an assortment of wood based projects
- Function: an essential woodworking tool for delivering precision cuts, cutting irregular shapes Up to 3-5/8 inches deep & 9 inches wide, or ripping lumber into thinner pieces
- Quick adjustments: table with rack and Pinion adjustment for easy 45 Degree angle tilt
The 9 Inch POWERTEC BS900 benchtop bandsaw was designed for home owners, DIY hobbyists and professional workshops that need a versatile and precise tool at their disposal. Features a miter gauge for accurate cross cutting, angle stops and incremental control to make the perfect adjustments, rack and pinion table for quick and accurate angle and height changes on your projects, blade range from 1/8” to 3/8” blades, a patented quick release blade tension system that makes changing blades fast and easy!
3. Benchtop Metal Cutting Band Saw by Klutch
Klutch Benchtop Metal Cutting Band Saw - 5in. x 4 7/8in, 400 Watts, 110–120V
- 28.34in.L x 25.2in.W x 27.56in.H overall size
- 56 1/2in. x 1/2in. x 0.026in. bi-metal blade delivers variable blade speeds of 125–260 FPM
- 400 Watt, 110–120 Volt motor generates 2000–4200 rpm
- Beveling blade makes cuts from 0 to 60°
- Capacity: 5in. round stock, 5in. x 4 7/8in. rectangular stock (at 90°)
This Klutch Benchtop Metal Cutting Band Saw is a compact yet powerful band saw that’s easy to move right where you need it. It features a powerful 400 Watt, 110–120V motor that can cut pipes up to 5in. dia. The beveled blade is capable of creating angled cuts from 0 to 60°, reducing or increasing the amount of material used for any given piece. Compatible with a variety of metals, including mild steel and stainless steel, this saw comes equipped with a 56 1/2in. x 1/2in. x 0.026in.
bi-metal blade that delivers variable blade speeds of 125–260 FPM while cutting through even the toughest materials with ease. Any angle may be cut using an adjustable depth stop arm located at the top of the machine. Made out of cast aluminum, this machine is strong enough to withstand frequent use without breaking down under pressure.
4. Benchtop Metal Aluminum Cutting Bandsaw Electric Portable Benchtop Steel by Eastwood
Eastwood Benchtop Metal Aluminum Cutting Bandsaw Electric Portable Benchtop Steel
- Pistol Grip Handle And Speed Control Trigger
- Fast, Accurate Cuts In A Variety Of Materials
- This Eastwood Benchtop Band Saw Is A Must For Cutting Tubing Easily And Accurately When Fabricating.
- Make Perfect Miter Cuts From 90 Degrees To 45 Degrees ; Motor Voltage: 120 V Ac ; Throat Capacity: 3.25 in. (85 Mm) ; Width Capacity: 4.5 in. (115 Mm ) ; Blade Speed: 100 – 260 Ft/Min (30 – 80 M/Min)
- Powerful, Variable Speed 1000 Watt Motor
The Eastwood Bench Top Electric Band Saw is a perfect tool for cutting metal or thin gauge steel. Its compact bench top design makes it easy to store on a shelf or under a work bench when not in use, even with a spare blade installed in the unit (the spare blade stores in its own drawer below the table).
With a 1000 watt motor and variable speed piston grip it’s easy to cut through nearly any metal type, even solid blocks. The fact that it moves in just one direction, unlike a hacksaw or Saw-zall, means less chance of the cut position changing as you work through the material. But don’t let its size fool you – this small saw can easily cut through steel up to 3 1/4 inch wide!
This high quality product is proudly made for Eastwood by AEG Pro team members in Germany who has been building small electric machines for over 100 years.
5. Industrial Mini Metal Cutting Band Saw by Kaka
Kaka Industries BS-85 Mini Metal Cutting Band Saw, Angled Cut From 0-45 Degrees, Variable Speed Band Saw 110V-60HZ-1PH
- The saw bow of our portable band saw can be rotated from 0° to 45°. It is equipped with block feeder (with fixed sawing length).
- Our portable band saw features an aluminum-casting structure, light weight and stability.
- Our portable band saw is easy to use.
- Our portable band saw has the advantage of stepless speed regulation.
Portable band saw BS-85 is an ideal benchtop metal cutting machine, from rebar cutting, to stainless steel and other soft to medium materials. This machine is powerful with an overhead AC motor. It features a die cast aluminum base for added stability, with a lightweight design of only 33lbs (15kg), our portable band saw is easy to setup and transport.
In addition this machine is built for quiet operation thanks to its soft start mechanism which means its operational noise is below 75dB(A). And lastly this machine features a stepless speed regulator which enables you to choose any cutting speed between 5to 550 strokes per minute.
6. VEVOR Portable Band Handheld Band Saw
VEVOR Portable Band Saw, 110V Removable Alloy Steel Base Cordless Band Saw, 5 Inch Cutting Capacity Hand held Band Saw,Variable Speed Portable Bandsaw, 10Amp Motor Deep Cut Band saw for Metal Wood
- Simple Operation: 45°-90° Cutting with Removable Alloy Steel Base, The base can also be Swiveled angle from 0° - 45°. It is easy to disassemble. With this workbench base, you can keep the cutting material stable and secure.
- Powerful Motor: 1100W 10 amp powerful, pure copper motor, designed with controlled power to withstand any jobsite application. Cutting Speed: 137.8-472.4ft/min, provides quick and smooth cutting with no sparks and burrs.
- Huge Cutting Capacity: The cutting capacity of the band saw: without base: 4.7"x4.7" deep-cut capacity for rectangular stock, 5" capacity for round stock. With base: 3.9"x3.2" deep-cut for rectangular stock, 3.93" for round stock.
- Extensive Use: This metal cutting bandsaw fits for cutting metal, steel, aluminum, and composite cable. Besides, It can be used for angle iron, PVC pipe, and any similar material.
- Ergonomics Design: Superior balance allows for more accurate cuts. Ergonomic soft grip back handle provides comfort during use. The saw blade guard can be adjusted to avoid the saw blade from jamming and is safer without hurting your hands.
This is a professional grade portable band saw and it is ideal for cutting a variety of metals, wood and fiberglass in the machine shop or on the job site. The 5 inch cutting capacity of this unit provides the capability to cut large objects such as pipe and tubing with ease.
The removable alloy steel base is designed to provide stability while still being portable across the jobsite, while also keeping your materials from slipping while you cut. The 10 amp motor allows you to cut through material fast!!
This band saw comes equipped with an ergonomic handle designed for comfort during long periods of usage. With its many safety features, including adjustable blade guard and saw blade tightness switch, this tool delivers exceptional performance in all applications
7. Anbull Portable Band Saw
Anbull Portable Band Saw with Removable Alloy Steel Base, 45°-90° Metal Cutting, 10A 1100W Motor, 5-inch Deep Cut, with .025-by-44-7/8-Inch 14 TPI Saw Blade and Led Spotlight
- The Cutting Capacity: without base :5-by- 4-3/4 In. deep-cut capacity for rectangular stock, 5 In. capacity for round stock , with base: 4-by- 3-1/5 In. deep-cut capacity for rectangular stock, 4 In. capacity for round stock. Variable-speed dial, 100-350 feet per minute, for specific materials and various applications
- About Band Saw Blades: Intalled with a .02-by-44-7/8-Inch 14 TPI blade and it is common found and you can buy same size blade as replacement in future. The saw blade has a long service life, and one saw blade is equal to 5 grinding wheels. You can install 3 kinds of saw blades, TPI10-14, TPI14-18, TPI24, choose different saw blades according to different materials in future.
- Upgraded New Removable Alloy Steel Base: The handheld bandsaw base weights 6.6kg/14.6 lb and also can be Swiveled angle from 0 - 45°. It is easy to disassemble the base. With this workbench base, you can keep the cutting material does not slide, safe and convenient. Especially for precision cutting work.
- 1100W Powerful Pure Copper Motor: Industry best 10 amp motor designed with controlled power to withstand any jobsite application. Cutting steel will not produce sparks, no burrs, and the cut incision is smooth with no burns. Fits for cutting metal ,steel, aluminum, composite cables, angle iron, PVC pipe and so on.
- Superior balance allows for more accurate cuts.Ergonomic soft grip back handle provides comfort during use. Serviceable steel shroud and rubber bumpers allow guards to withstand jobsite abuse. The saw blade guard can be adjusted to protect the saw blade from jamming and safer without hurting your hands.
The Anbull Portable Band Saw is powerful enough to cut aluminum, stainless steel and other materials that are hard to saw without the risk of damaging your tools. The super-strong 1015 TPI blade allows you to cut through metal with ease.
Lightweight and compact in design, it is easy to carry around and store when not in use. With a 6.6 kg alloy steel workbench base and 0-45° angel adjustable, this band saw is designed for jobsite abuse, perfectly suited for most metalworking applications.
8. XtremepowerUS 9″ Band Saw
XtremepowerUS 9" inch Pro Benchtop Band Saw Stationary Adjustable Angle Woodworking 2,340FPM Bandsaw w/Dust Port, Red
- Ideal for cutting irregular shapes and ripping lumber into thinner pieces
- To minimize dust and debris in the work space, a dust port is available to attach a vacuum hose (Hose not included)
- The 11-3/4" x 11-3/4" Spacious work surface helps you to get the job done with enough room to stretch
- To quickly make the right angle and height changes, a convenient rack and pinion table adjustment is found on the band saw
- This compact form of the band saw allows it to be used on almost any flat, sturdy surface with ease!
The XTREMEPOWERUS 9″ inch Pro Benchtop Band Saw Stationary Adjustable Angle Woodworking 2,340Fpm Bandsaw w/Dust Port, Red is the ideal tool for cutting irregular shapes and ripping lumber into thinner pieces. This compact form of the band saw allows it to be used on almost any flat, sturdy surface with ease.
To minimize dust and debris in the workspace, a dust port is available to attach a vacuum hose (Hose not included). The 11-3/4″ x 11-3/4″ Spacious work surface helps you to get the job done with enough room to stretch. To quickly make the right angle and height changes, a convenient rack and pinion table adjustment is found on the band saw.
9. RIKON 10-3061 Bandsaw
RIKON Power Tools 10-3061 10" Deluxe Bandsaw, Includes Fence and Two Blade Speeds
- DIMENSIONS – Fence Size: 12-1/4” x 2-3/8”, Dust Port Size: 2-1/2” OD, 2-1/4” ID, Base Size: 15-7/8” W x 9-3/8” D, Overall Size: 34-1/4” H x 21” W x 16-1/4” D
- HIGH QUALITY MACHINE – This product includes the 10-3061 Deluxe Bandsaw and 5/16” x 70-1/2” 6TPI bandsaw blade. Great for producing smooth cuts in wood, metal, and more, this machine is perfect for any craftsman's project. Toggle between two different blade speeds to cut nearly anything.
- FEATURES – Features tool-less blade guides; quick-release blade tension lever; large blade tracking knob and viewing window; dust port for shop vacuum hookup; and a safety paddle on/off switch. Comes with 5/16" x 6TPI regular blade and a 5-year limited warranty. RIKON Power Tools is dedicated to designing and manufacturing woodworking machinery of the highest quality that enhances the woodworking experience.
- MOTOR DETAILS - The increased cutting capacity and increased 1/2HP motor make this bandsaw great for small to medium sized projects. Motor: 1/2HP, 5.5Amp, 110V (60Hz), 1720RPM, Blade Speeds: 1515 or 3280 ft/min
- TABLE DETAILS - The tilting, 0-45° cast iron table makes for easy operation. Table Size: 13-3/4” x 12-1/2”, Table Tilt: 5 degrees left, 45 degrees right
The Rikon Deluxe Bandsaw includes a 5/16” x 70-1/2” 6TPI bandsaw blade and a variety of features that make this machine ideal for both seasoned craftsmen and beginners. With the ability to toggle between two different blade speeds and easily tilt the 0-45° cast iron table, this bandsaw makes it easy to cut virtually anything with precision. The included fence is great for steadily guiding your project when making elongated cuts, while dust collection ensures that you have minimal clean-up after each project.
Which Rikon Bandsaws Are the Best?
For cutting through difficult materials like wood or plastic, the Rikon 10-305 desktop bandsaw is a great option. It competes fiercely in the market thanks to its affordable price and a bevy of helpful features. We advise using this model if you’re a novice to intermediate user.
Does a Bandsaw Have a Use?
As previously mentioned, band saws are a superior choice for slicing through particularly thick lengths of fabric. If you wish to use a conventional table saw to cut anything thicker than 3 12″, you will need a band saw.
How does a benchtop metal bandsaw work?
A benchtop metal bandsaw is a tool that allows you to cut metal sheets into different shapes. It’s like a saw, but instead of using a blade, it uses a metal band.
The metal band has teeth on one side and an edge on the other side. It’s held in place by a wheel that turns at high speeds and cuts through the metal sheet. The wheel holds the band in place and keeps it from moving out of position during use.
You can adjust the table on which you work so that it can be raised or lowered to cut different thicknesses of metal sheets.
How to set up benchtop metal bandsaw
- Place the saw on a table or other flat surface.
- Place the side guides so that they are an equal distance from the blade, and tighten them with the screws provided in the kit.
- Attach the upper guide to the saw’s arm by tightening it with its screw.
- Check that all parts are firmly in place before turning on and operating your benchtop metal bandsaw.
We hope this review of benchtop metal bandsaws has been useful in your search for a machine you can use in your home or workshop. Whether you need to cut mild steel, stainless steel, aluminum, or brass, there’s a machine out there that should be able to fit the bill. And with prices that are surprisingly affordable, you don’t have to break the bank to get the job done.